EA Forums - Banner

Other Springfield is way overdue for a level change

Prev1
Do you know what I dislike most about Other Springfield? The lack of Santa coins. I mean come on, no decorations yet they have the updated Christmas theme?? Makes no sense to me. No wonder EA couldn't be bothered with all our complaints. They can't even be bothered to finish their Springfield!

Replies

• acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    I was actually wondering that a little while back as i got closer to lever 24. It would be nice to see them update it.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I never paid attention to how the other Springfield leveled up. I just know that they should make it level up to at least our level. Wasn't the whole point of it to get inspired off of their town? Well, let me tell you, that is not the case. I find more inspiration from my friends town.
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited January 2013
    It is overdue given than it really should have updated with the level 24 update. I don't mind the lack of santa coins but they really should have upgraded to a level 24 town. Even if they update it with the next update to level 25 it would seem weird. I hope they haven't given up on.

Its worse than those people who haven't logged on in months because at least you can delete them!
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited January 2013
    Would be interesting to see what they would come up with, there have been quite a few additions to the game since it last changed. Wonder if they test how new additions fit in with the existing designs or if they just design new things and throw them in?

I've said in a different thread, I used to think I'd copy a few things, but on looking closely with experienced eyes I notice all the fences that don't link properly. Shame they didn't add smaller options once they realised.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I never thought to look for premium characters in Other Springfield... I mostly just envied the ridiculously vast amount of premium decorations. I also don't remember it changing while I leveled up, but perhaps I just did not pay attention.

Maybe they figure they held our hands up to level 20 and now it's time for these little chicks to fly on our own?

Or maybe, just maybe, level 25 is going to be so amazingly wondrous that they haven't had time to even think about upgrading Other Springfield...
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Maybe they figure they held our hands up to level 20 and now it's time for these little chicks to fly on our own?

If that is the case they should then allow us to delete it from our list to add someone else
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

If that is the case they should then allow us to delete it from our list to add someone else

Other Springfield does not count as one of your 100.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Other Springfield has two Cletus Farms. I want two!

I wish there was a way to unfriend them now that they no longer serve the purpose of showing us what we could do. I remember back in the beginning I would gaze in awe at all their premium items and want them too. Then I realized that their design stunk and I found other Springfield's to admire.

It is time for them to go the way of the dinosaur.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    I never paid attention to how the other Springfield leveled up. I just know that they should make it level up to at least our level. Wasn't the whole point of it to get inspired off of their town? Well, let me tell you, that is not the case. I find more inspiration from my friends town.

I just remember someone saying it was one level for every four levels we gained. I used to idolize Other Springfield back when it was my only friend. I actually tried to make my business district look like Other Springfield at one point. And then I gained a lot of friends and realized something major. I have a sad sad little town in comparison to the people that do things like use their chain-link fence to make an elaborate prison styled entryway with the multiple gates you have to pass through to go into the Springfield Penn. with an honest to goodness prison yard.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

Other Springfield does not count as one of your 100.

I know that, but it would just be nice to get rid of it if they aren't going to update it
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    I never thought to look for premium characters in Other Springfield... I mostly just envied the ridiculously vast amount of premium decorations. I also don't remember it changing while I leveled up, but perhaps I just did not pay attention.

Or maybe, just maybe, level 25 is going to be so amazingly wondrous that they haven't had time to even think about upgrading Other Springfield...

You mean just like level 21 was going to be so amazingly wondrous and level 22 was going to be so amazingly wondrous, and level 23 was going to be so amazingly wondrous and level 24 was going to be so amazingly wondrous. I get the feeling they're spending more time on holiday updates then they are on updating themselves. I mean we did have two of them since level 20 came out. Get with the program EA and start taking your design cues from the players.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I wish there was a way to unfriend them now that they no longer serve the purpose of showing us what we could do. I remember back in the beginning I would gaze in awe at all their premium items and want them too. Then I realized that their design stunk and I found other Springfield's to admire.

Le gasp! You're right. Dare I say the one thing we're all thinking of? Could it be that EA is running a hacked device and cheated themselves into a second Spuckler house? :shock:
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    You mean just like level 21 was going to be so amazingly wondrous and level 22 was going to be so amazingly wondrous, and level 23 was going to be so amazingly wondrous and level 24 was going to be so amazingly wondrous...

Well, you got me there. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt but it does seem that recreating every graphic in the game for snow may have been a bit much when what we really crave is new content.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Le gasp! You're right. Dare I say the one thing we're all thinking of? Could it be that EA is running a hacked device and cheated themselves into a second Spuckler house? :shock:

LOL!! Should we report them? Aren't they cheating the system? Hacked devices are against the rules and illegal and....and....and I can't remember the rest of the protests against the time travelers.

You didn't notice that? I noticed it a long time ago and shook my fist at those cheaters because I want two farms.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I haven't looked at OS in forever. I just grab my money and go. Lol
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

LOL!! Should we report them? Aren't they cheating the system? Hacked devices are against the rules and illegal and....and....and I can't remember the rest of the protests against the time travelers.

You didn't notice that? I noticed it a long time ago and shook my fist at those cheaters because I want two farms.

I noticed it once but since the neighbor bonuses I haven't really payed attention to it since. But yeah how dare they cheat in their official Springfield town. Maybe that's the secret to having five stars and not crashing all the time. We all thought it was having specific numbers of stores and houses when all along it was having double the Cletus. I think we may be on to something here. :-o
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Are there 2 Cletii (or would it be Cletus', whatever) in their cheating a** town?
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:
    You mean just like level 21 was going to be so amazingly wondrous and level 22 was going to be so amazingly wondrous, and level 23 was going to be so amazingly wondrous and level 24 was going to be so amazingly wondrous...

Well, you got me there. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt but it does seem that recreating every graphic in the game for snow may have been a bit much when what we really crave is new content.

"Nope sorry we can't change our town to the next level. We're too busy making Zombies you can smash that turn your characters into Zombies." "Nope sorry we can't update our town again. We're too busy not coding the Christmas update right so it looks like you have two Kangs in your town and things crash when you make Santa Homer fly his sleigh past Kang's UFO."

(True story that did happen to me. Home and Kang crossed paths in a neighbor's town and the game crashed on me)
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just checked after reading what was said about to cletus farms and sure enough there are to farms... what the heck is up with that? they arent even that far from each other.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:
    Chibihalo wrote:

"Nope sorry we can't change our town to the next level. We're too busy making Zombies you can smash that turn your characters into Zombies." "Nope sorry we can't update our town again. We're too busy not coding the Christmas update right so it looks like you have two Kangs in your town and things crash when you make Santa Homer fly his sleigh past Kang's UFO."

(True story that did happen to me. Home and Kang crossed paths in a neighbor's town and the game crashed on me)

You, too?

Since I didn't get the ray gun (didn't want that thing lying around afterwards) I get the joy of dealing with flying Kang. It always flies right past wherever I'm trying to go and without fail here comes flying Homer right after him. Then boom! I get kicked out and have to start all over again.

I'm getting kicked out a lot at the moment so set everybody on 24 hour tasks and saying the hell with it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!