EA Forums - Banner

are you going to keep or store the monorail when the event ends?

Prev1
I've waited for what seems like over 20 months for this. I am defecating in high cotton. For me, the fun is in designing, and the Monorail adds a new very cool element to our towns.
I want all I can get. I wish the event was longer.

Replies

• mikepellerin60
    490 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    baddazoner wrote:
    i'm likely going to store it i don't see the point keeping it in the town especially since i have little space and really don't want to nuke the town to redesign it for a better monorail (besides i don't like a working monorail in a Simpsons game)

besides that i've been incredibly busy lately and don't have the time to play enough to get more track pieces so the monorail would be small and worthless

You could put a chain link fence around it with saw horses, small to medium shrubs here and there to make it look abandoned. Who knows, maybe at the end we'll get a crashed Monorail skin for it for those who want a real SF look.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'll be keeping mine out and running. I only started playing the game during tapball so I have loads of space that isn't taken up by all the premium and/or limited time buildings that came and went before I started playing.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I love it. Can't wait to start designing.
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    baddazoner wrote:
    i'm likely going to store it i don't see the point keeping it in the town especially since i have little space and really don't want to nuke the town to redesign it for a better monorail (besides i don't like a working monorail in a Simpsons game)

besides that i've been incredibly busy lately and don't have the time to play enough to get more track pieces so the monorail would be small and worthless

Me personally why would I want to store something I wanted for over 3 years and has been discussed for as long.

Now you shouldn't build th town around the M but place the stations around town and design tracks around the town to connect just like in real life.

Now for being busy I part way to prize 6 on my main town and I haven't put as much effort into it as past events I'm doing well with 8 day left, and my other town I'm doing I'm not putting any effort in it and only play it every 8 or so hours and I'm part way to prize 4. So you should be able to get a decent amount of tracks, and I got everything from the last event in my other town playing little as possible.
    But good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • ZennGlenn
    1721 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Absolute mandatory keeper! ...New crown jewel of my town & would never even consider the shameful thought to store it... For shame...For utter true shame :-o

Actually, the above 'neglection design' suggestion to throw up barb wire/crappy fencing w/junky plants, cemetery, etc. for a non designer then is the funky swell solution...
  • wadebear
    3756 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm wishing we could move it to Krustyland. It would actually make sense to have a monorail there...
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I will definitely be keeping it out! I can't wait to redesign a bit to fit it in, plus the fact that the rails can go over roads etc is such a bonus.
  • Katie7617
    113 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I will be keeping mine out too. I wanted to nuke after we got SH but heard about the monorail coming and figured I would just do it after monorail is over and incorporate both new things. Very excited to build a new big town around my monorail.
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Would like to keep it out but depends on space. The stations take up a lot of room so might keep the track with just one station and the stairways and extra bits for addition platforms.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Easy, keeping it. It's one of the coolest things that they've added to the game ever. :)
  • peacehaven78
    17 posts
    edited August 2015
    Definately keeping it.Waiting 4 it so long.Would be cool if the Springfielders could use it to get quicker from A to B with it.
    For a full big City i hope we get a couple more stations.
    So thats what i hope for,it takes ages for the characters to go from top left to down right.If they just would use the Monorail as commuting rail that would ne awesome.At the Moment only Homer seems to get to use the rail.
    But totally live it so far. :D
  • thatdonald845
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Even if it causes my game to crash every 5 minutes I'll be keeping it out. Even if it pushes me beyond the dratted decoration limit I'll be making it as big as I possibly can. It's the Monorail that's why. :D
  • devilhunt1449
    3496 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Definitely a keeper, been waiting for it since it was first hinted that we were getting it which seems such a long time ago and my town is due for a redesign since we've got quite a lot of new land recently and also the heights so certain buildings need moving to a new home.
  • seanharry
    143 posts
    edited August 2015
    Store it?
    Shoot I hate it so much I'm currently in the process of coding this exact monorail into a completely different game. Lol. Derp da deep

• adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    It's a keeper.
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited August 2015
    i'll keep it as long as the freezes will be patched.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I plan on keeping it out. Depending on how much we get by events end, which I think will be a lot, a complete redesign or nuke is in order.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Keep, i'd love a monorail wreckage deco more though than the actual monorail
  • Samaranth01
    2181 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm keeping it. I just hope I can get enough track pieces for a good design. :D
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    this one's a keeper.

as soon as they fix SH (hopefully with the ability to downgrade some of the buildings) I'll nuke my town (after nuking it only 4 months ago) and build again!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!