EA Forums - Banner

Freezing? - Call EA

Replies

• Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't see anyone listing specific buildings but one replied they crash from tapping some. For me tapping to clear stink from the spinster city apartments, bachelor arms apartments, and frinks lab crashes the game every time no matter if anything is done before it or not. This was not a problem prior to today. I had started another thread not realizing there was a thread potentially related. Again this is 100% successfully repeatable. Disconnecting the rails from the monorail station doesn't fix it. Storing all rails isn't fixing it. Storing all the extra monorail addition parts isn't fixing it. Storing the monorail station itself doesn't fix it. And Storing the plastic depot isn't fixing it. If any of that helps.
    I'm getting crashes on about a dozen different buildings, like Duff Stadium, some pink houses near the bottom right of my town, and others. Unfortunately, the freezing seems to hit people differently. We have the building freeze, others have it from people connecting a full route of their monorail, others get freezes from simply going into the game. It also doesn't seem to be just Android or iOS, but both.

Probably the most problematic update a whole lately.
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Chatting doesn't help. When you go through the link I gave in my OP, you have the option to have EA call you.

If the rep you speak with gives the same lame instructions to either reinstall or that you have too many things and won't acknowledge this is happening since the Monorail started, firmly ask to speak with a supervisor and simply refuse to engage with the stubborn/stupid rep any more.

I used to tech support for Symantec in the mid 90's and I let them know I've been on their end of the phone and always try to be polite and not angry. When a rep from any company even hints that they are going to be difficult/stupid with mee, I simply turn the temp of the call down to 0° Kelvin and ask to speak to a supervisor. The key is to be firm, not mad, and not rude.
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    No help from EA they gave the usual responses.

Ive tried storing all track plus station....still freezes.
    It's worse for me clearing buildings in my own town...friend visits are slow but usually dont freeze.
    Some buildings are worse than others and always freeze but sometimes its random...wwhich is no help because it means I cant tap any :x

I dont get any freezing in my second town, which doesnt have SH and is smaller....so I guess one of those reasons could be the cause.
    Who knows :?
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    My game freezes whenever i collect trash or my springfielders finish recycling Metal or Plastic, i noticed an increase in freezing after obtaining ray, but i simply thought it was a bad connection (was at work at the time) but now it happens everywhere at any time, so im cautious when tapping buildings, and choose to tap one at a time and very...very ... slowly.
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I just got an email reply (no use calling if the person on the other end can't fix the problem) that stated that the issue would be resolved soon. Anyone want to take any bets about how soon "soon" is?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I just got an email reply (no use calling if the person on the other end can't fix the problem) that stated that the issue would be resolved soon. Anyone want to take any bets about how soon "soon" is?

This reminds me of the old DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) response to a bug... "Fixed in a future major release." :)
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    For me tapping to clear stink from the spinster city apartments, bachelor arms apartments, and frinks lab crashes the game every time no matter if anything is done before it or not.

Add burns state prison, cooling towers, and sequel stop to the list of stuff I can't clear off stink. At this rate in a week I wont have anything I can collect from.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    So, I'm sticking with Android here, but the same buildings that were freezing my game are still freezing it on a brand new device. To add to my long list of buildings, my KBBL building is now also locking up my game.

EA, please please look into this. It's really a tough place to be in right now.
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited August 2015
    For me the freezing of buildings stopt when i stored them and put them back

En EA help is so stuck in their way to try and stay friendly, i sometimes think i'm chatting with a bot instead of a real person....
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks, the disconnect works for me, but just as my track was getting good!
    This is now called the Nonorail event for me.
  • jrm3sd420l332
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Makes me fell a little better knowing that its not my phone being a jerk
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Day 3 of not being able to play at all because my Springfield is frozen, and all I'm still getting is 'soon.'
  • NewfieCutie298
    45 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    An I the only one having issues? I logged in yesterday for the first time in a month. Was able to play without incident for the most part (except for going into friends, the game would crash) I was making half decet strides. Today, however I've been unsuccessful in playing at all. The game loads, but the moment I tap anything inside the game, it freezes. It doesn't shut down, just freezes. I've tried uninstalling and had the same issue once installed again. I've spent 90 minutes on the phone with a rep from ea an all I got was that it was a wifi issue on my end. He legit told me to go find a Starbucks to play the game. Unbelievable right? I mean, using a iPod version 6.1.6 I think? There's no software update available. The game loads fine, it just freezes the second I click on a anything at all. It sucks. I know I was already behind in the game but now I'm even further behind. Is there a solution? I've been playing for the most part of 3 years I'm on level 55.

Thanks in advance.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I think some of the ea help will say anything to get you off tbe phone..lol

Still having freezi ng issues in main town......definitely not my wi fi or my kindle, as rep tried to blame, because my second town plays without problems :?

Hope they sort this soon....getting veerryyy tiresome
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited August 2015
    The game gets slower as our towns get bigger and we add more characters. I'm sure EA is already struggling with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus's 1GB RAM. If Apple increases RAM on the next iPhone expect the older phones performances to struggle as EA expands into 2GB or 4GB.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Osg00d wrote:
    For me the freezing of buildings stopt when i stored them and put them back

En EA help is so stuck in their way to try and stay friendly, i sometimes think i'm chatting with a bot instead of a real person....
    I've tried this... Now to see what happens when I can tap them. :)
  • Jango_Fett327
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I've been having the ocassional freezing issue when playing, but know I can't even play at all, it was fine this morning, went shopping, and now as soon as I load up it freezes straight away!
    Wasn't that annoying before, but know I'm getting ****ed off.
  • TDG_Hamboy
    1 posts
    edited August 2015
    Removing all the tracks seems to work. I started having problems when I place Tetanus station. Couldn't do much of anything for more than 30 seconds or so. Buildings, characters, everything froze my game.
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    "Soon" has turned into "meh, whenever" apparently.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    TDG_Hamboy wrote:
    Removing all the tracks seems to work. I started having problems when I place Tetanus station. Couldn't do much of anything for more than 30 seconds or so. Buildings, characters, everything froze my game.

Same here. Since the event started mine's froze maybe 3 or 4 times. Since I started part 2 and placed the terminal this morning it's happened about a dozen times. I've given up trying to re task my characters. Hope it doesn't carry over into friend visits. :shock: :(

Edit: made it through my friends list with no problems. Off to work shortly, so I'll see how things go tonight.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.