EA Forums - Banner

Game freezes

Replies

• ah1053
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Since yesterday I have been unable to access, it logs in and loads but 2 seconds in it freezes, I hope this is resolved soon as I have been unable to carry out the daily achievements.
  • ah1053
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    This is the response I have received regarding the issue:

My name is Zishan, and I am a representative of EA’s World Wide Customer Experience team. Thank you for contacting EA and informing us of your issue with The Simpsons: Tapped Out.

As you mentioned your game is freezing after the recent update and you are unable to play it. I do apologize for the experiences you have had in the game that have affected your gameplay. I can understand your frustration with this. Had I been in your place, I would have felt the same.

We have received similar reports about this from other users as well and have notified our development team on this. They’re currently working on this. In the meanwhile, I would ask to be logged out from the game for 24 hours sharp.

If your issue remains after 24 hours, provide me a exact date from when you are facing the issue so I can roll back your account? This will hopefully resolve the issue for you.

We request your patience and co-operation, while this is being looked into.
  • edited August 2015
    One more voice in the crowd saying that the monorail update has made my game play freeze after a few minutes.

I'll reopen the game and the last 3 or so actions were not completed, and I have to redo them. I have stored my tentanus station and it helps, but game play is still sketchy and not immune to freezing altogether. And it was freezing BEFORE Cletus complained about paying for a monorail ticket. I like the idea of an extension and/or free donuts/items as an apology for the fubar, but I'll settle for smooth game play before the event is over.

I will say that I look forward to the special events, and applaud the hard work to come up with ideas and manpower to deliver it to us. And I love laughing at the drama that unfolds and sly jokes, and not-so-subtle jokes that come up. Thanks Simpsons crew for your hard work in resolving the only mar on this fun event.
  • martiennemc
    1 posts
    edited August 2015
    I am having the same problem ever since the most recent update. It freezes every few seconds. I've been playing this game for years and have never had any problems until now.
  • hcarlson273
    3 posts
    edited August 2015
    Me too! My game has been freezing up everyday for about a week. It doesnt matter what time of day or wifi strength. Please fix!
  • tacoshack7807
    56 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Mine was freezing up and crashing since yesterday. I stored the tetanus terminal (it took forever since it would almost always crash right away) but that didn't help. I finally was able to disconnect a small piece of track I had at the back of the original terminal. The train had been moving a tiny bit back and forth before that. Now I can play again. Not very fast but better than nothing.
  • krollings57
    2 posts
    edited August 2015
    My iPad version has started to freeze this morning. Added nothing to town yesterday but can't get in to it today. Hope you can help. Thanks.
  • melodyleonie
    3 posts
    edited August 2015
    I've got the same problem. I tried to make my game play more smooth by putting lots of buildings in the inventory but when I then did connect both monorail stations to some rails, the game froze completely. Now I cannot do anything: it just freezes on the opening screen. I hope there will be a patch for this issue soon!
  • conniewraz
    2 posts
    edited August 2015
    My game is suffering from game freeze. Not only am I not completeing my daliy tasks, but my neighbors suffer as well. I have logged off restarted updated. And still nothing. So I'll log off for the 24 hours and hopefully that works.

• whttiger1979
    2 posts
    edited August 2015
    Very annoying! My game keeps freezing and anything I try it won't work. Can't do much of anything or if I do it won't save if it freezes.
  • tbol197
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    My game freezes all the time. I don't even have a chance to spend doughnuts now. it has been days now and I am not able to keep up with daily tasks to increase the monorail. Bummer! I hope there is a fix soon.
  • mathmosman
    3 posts
    edited August 2015
    Like everyone above, my game froze after the update. I go in, the screen is literally frozen on the exact same scene. I have deleted and re installed twice, nothing. Always drops me in on the exact same scene. Think it's been over 24hours now?!
  • flyreels1
    26 posts
    edited August 2015
    I am sick of this the game it freezes several time in 5 minutes I have tried to reload it and done everything I can, I Am sick of this it's happening on other players I know as well, FIX IT PLEASE!
  • clechkun
    2 posts
    edited August 2015
    My game was loading frozen, just like others have reported. The last update seemed to fix that issue (although I may have fixed it myself by taking advice from people on this forum and storing Tetanus station, then connecting all its track to the Main station). But my game freezes intermittently now. I seldom get more that 5 minutes of game play before freezing. Closing and restarting every few minutes is making this game very frustrating to play. When can we expect a complete fix?
  • robynou
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    My game was freezing all weekend. I was able to close and play again. It didn't hinder my progress, as with some other players :(, but when I am sneak playing at work, I need it to run smoothly. :lol:
  • spritzermarty
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    I'm having the same issues, though I haven't gone through the steps you have. This is really starting to suck. I've played this game regularly for 3 years, and now I can't get on and play for more than a few minutes, if I am lucky. I'm going to try to try to clear cache and reinstall, but I'm getting sick of this.
  • minaliciou626
    19 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm getting the same error message (Force stop). I can't even load in the game without having to empty cache EVERYTIME I play. Maybe it's time to put my money into some other game. :-(
  • Duffmania3
    12 posts
    edited September 2015
    This happen to me too, but I removed the monorail tracks connecting to both stations and I have not have the game freeze. however my game lags when I visit neighbors
  • tritrans
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi,

I'm having the same issue on my Android phone lately. Often it seems to happen when I collect money after finished jobs too fast.

I'm on level 57 and may be the town is just too big now to handle everything that is going on?

• Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    If you disconnect from your stations, your town will play better, but, most on my friends list, don't have their tracks disconnected, so, there will be a lot of lag, and an occasional shut down or freeze. If everyone took the hint and disconnected, a lot of these problems might be solved.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!