EA Forums - Banner

Game freezes

Replies

• vincelauer
    9 posts
    edited September 2015
    the game is freezing for me all the time, have been having problems since S H. for the first time ever i did not complete an event and it has been the first and second part of this event. If i do not complete the third part i will be done forever. i have stored stations have no track connected to stations, deleted and reinstalled. any help appreciated EA please fix
  • petal444
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    The most annoyingthing iis that nobody from EA is responding to our message! This keeps happening and we never hear from them or get any in-game compensation.
    Can someone from EA at least let us know we're being heard?
  • billythekid2355
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Add me to the frozen list as well. Username billythekid2355
  • DrWeim
    7 posts
    edited September 2015
    khangsi098 wrote:
    For those who still have a game freezing issues wait for 20 sec once your springfield appeared then place your mall-o-rail on your inventory, then restart your game worked for me.

khangsi098 - Thank You! Thank You! and Thank You! :thumbup: Your suggestion for a work-around worked great for me! I placed the Mall-O-Rail back (after being in storage) in the (almost) same place; however, I did not connect it to the tracks. I was concerned that the game would continue to freeze!
  • jensweezey269
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    10 times freezing just today alone barely got through my friends list , refreshed all day :cry:
  • Gijsje27
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    The game keeps freezing here also after a couple of minutes. Android phone and ipad 2. Not able to finish this event :(
  • denthdeath
    81 posts
    edited September 2015
    same problem for me ll the time
  • jenmoehle650
    7 posts
    edited September 2015
    khangsi098 wrote:
    For those who still have a game freezing issues wait for 20 sec once your springfield appeared then place your mall-o-rail on your inventory, then restart your game worked for me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D This worked for me as well!
  • C0rgano
    443 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    breshvic wrote:
    Apparently EA is telling people that the problem is on our end with our wifi. A few problems with this;
    1. Many, many people are having the same issue, if the numerous threads and comments are any indication.
    2. Myself and others have tried playing secondary Springfields (lower level, not utilizing this event), with no problem.
    3. I have tried using wifi only, and then 3G only; the problem persists.
    4. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game. I have tried installing my Springfield on another phone. I have tried deleting all my blue houses (which was pretty annoying, and now I wish I hadn't). Nothing helped.

Now I feel like I've wasted time, effort, money, and donuts on this event. I wish EA would fix it because what once promised to be the coolest event ever is now threatening to chase me away from ever playing again.

not that anyone here needs it to be said, but the "problem is on our end with our wifi" excuse is ****... once I placed the act 3 monorail station, the game would freeze after a max of 10 taps on anything (building/character/etc); and had to force-stop the game and relaunch to try again (with the same freezing result again).

I stuck the new station into inventory as suggested in this thread, and I haven't had a single instance of the game freezing since then (using the same wifi/network). So it's blatantly obvious it's a problem with the coding/etc on the new station/act 3 items, and not with my/our wifi connection.

• 72gs455912
    7 posts
    edited September 2015
    Ditto,
    I have tried many thing to no avail!
    Time for EA to fix it!

C0rgano wrote:
    breshvic wrote:
    Apparently EA is telling people that the problem is on our end with our wifi. A few problems with this;
    1. Many, many people are having the same issue, if the numerous threads and comments are any indication.
    2. Myself and others have tried playing secondary Springfields (lower level, not utilizing this event), with no problem.
    3. I have tried using wifi only, and then 3G only; the problem persists.
    4. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game. I have tried installing my Springfield on another phone. I have tried deleting all my blue houses (which was pretty annoying, and now I wish I hadn't). Nothing helped.

Now I feel like I've wasted time, effort, money, and donuts on this event. I wish EA would fix it because what once promised to be the coolest event ever is now threatening to chase me away from ever playing again.

not that anyone here needs it to be said, but the "problem is on our end with our wifi" excuse is ****... once I placed the act 3 monorail station, the game would freeze after a max of 10 taps on anything (building/character/etc); and had to force-stop the game and relaunch to try again (with the same freezing result again).

I stuck the new station into inventory as suggested in this thread, and I haven't had a single instance of the game freezing since then (using the same wifi/network). So it's blatantly obvious it's a problem with the coding/etc on the new station/act 3 items, and not with my/our wifi connection.

• edited September 2015
    I was finally able to get into the game on my tablet and put both the mall station and the Krusty station into storage. And now I don't get the immediate freeze on my phone anymore. Wifi?? No, that's the not issue. It's a bug in the code that EA has to fix.
  • mvogt0130419
    15 posts
    edited September 2015
    Freezes less than 5 seconds after starting, 15 times in a row.
  • 72gs455912
    7 posts
    edited September 2015
    I put away all 3 stations and all rails. Problem went away. Still not buying donuts... This ****!
  • natfnat
    9 posts
    edited September 2015
    Game has been freezing for 24 hours now. This is getting extremely annoying, so please fix this soon.
  • battlefieldID194
    154 posts
    edited September 2015
    Playing on iPad 2 or iPhone 4S. Game freezes every time, usually within a few minutes. Doesn't seem to happen any particular time, but clicking on dump or the monorail tasks often does make it freeze. Seems also to be worse if I have characters on Springfield Heights tasks.

It's getting worse as the monorail event continues. Please fix ASAP.
  • hydebaba
    1 posts
    edited September 2015
    Fix the game! Crash crash craaaash all the time :(
  • stardate06678
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Adding my "me too" to the reports of fame freezes. It didn't start happening as a result of updating or adding any software to my iPad, and Tapped Out is the only app that has been randomly freezing over the past two weeks. I've tested various theories to see if any specific actions trigger it, but nope. It appears totally random.
  • tiggertygr
    17 posts
    edited September 2015
    Game not freezing when collecting garbage left by friends now, thanks! However, it still freezes every time I go to friend cities and NOW it is freezing every 2-5 minutes no matter what I do. Kindle Fire HD.
  • 72gs455912
    7 posts
    edited September 2015
    So I put away all train stations and tracks, freeing stopped. Now I'm putting them back slowly to see when it starts again...
  • MuskiePlunge
    88 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Called yesterday after having the problem for quite a while. They examined the account and said they would like to try some utilities and patches they were working on. Sadly, they asked I not log on for 24hrs while they try things :( I've now logged in. Got all my resources started and city cleared. Even made it through my neighbors :)

They claimed during the conversation they will apply a fair adjustment to my bells and whistles for the lost time. Haven't seen this yet but that doesn't mean it may not happen.

I'm hoping this was a guinea pig situation to develop and have a patch distributed soon. Keeping hope for all you.

Get them on the phone.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    When there was The [Broken] Wheel. The horror... The Horror!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!