EA Forums - Banner

How long to finish?

Really?

Correct me if I'm wrong. The game rebooted in late August. So the game has been around about 4-1/2 months. Most everybody playing regularly since then has everything. Therehavebeen gaps in updates, but most 2+ level updates take a week plus to finish.

So my guess is if you started a new Springfield today and played a few times a day every day it would take around three months to catch up.

Of course you can level up fast with 'house farms' but they won't help much with tasks associated with new buildings. But if you want to send donuts you could theoretically get everything by tomorrow for about 300.

Replies

• HeyMumandDad
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    That would take a lot of donuts. Especially if you we're continuously speeding up brown houses for xp.
  • Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    danscoelho

How many months did it take you to finish all the buildings?

What's the average?

For the people who have finished, does it get boring having to wait for updates?

This game isn't about accumulating buildings or to finish quickly. It's about growing your Springfield. So even if you have purchased all the buildings for a current update, you can work on adding decorations or buying more land. But there is always "work" to be done on ones Springfield. Check out some of the screenshots posted on the forum and see what this game is all about.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Amazin2u wrote:

This game isn't about accumulating buildings or to finish quickly. It's about growing your Springfield.

Hmm. The beauty of the game is, it's whatever you want it to be. There are many ways to play, none correct.
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited January 2013
    I see,

I have just started building the jail, I'm a little compulsive, so I've been trying to catch up

As fast as I can. I got almost all the land, that's why I got curious about it getting boring

after everything is ready and decorated.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Most of the people here playing the game are self professed TSTO addicts with OCD. I agree there's no right way to play the game, but it certainly does reward patience.
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just have the postal office and general hospital to go. I had a few chances to buy it, but got land instead so I can even out my current town. :-)
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited January 2013
    danscoelho wrote:
    I see,

I have just started building the jail, I'm a little compulsive, so I've been trying to catch up

As fast as I can. I got almost all the land, that's why I got curious about it getting boring

after everything is ready and decorated.

Going for the jail with most of the land bought?

The map is 13x13, 169 expansions. My town is insane and I still have more than 40 expansions to go. If you're level 24 with almost all the land purchased and just on the jail mission you must have one seriously boring house farm.

Dude, play the game straight, it's fun.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited January 2013
    That would take a lot of donuts. Especially if you we're continuously speeding up brown houses for xp.

Wow.

Using donuts to speed up tasks isn't about speeding up brown houses.

8 donuts will speed up a 24 hour job or construction project. Most higher level buildings cost money (easy to get) plus 24 hours to complete. If someone had basically unlimited money I think they could pull off a full level 24 town in a few days for around 300 donuts. Just speed up required construction and tasks, not secondary unrelated jobs and building income.

Getting past the Krabappel apartment would be hella expensive, but skipping a day to build any high level building for 8 donuts rather than 24 hours can catch one up quickly.
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited January 2013
    I started shortly before the Halloween update. I was still gaining max level at ate set the beginning of the Halloween update. I think I maxed during the event. Do the math. That was level 22 at the time. Took me roughly a month give it take to level. Mind u I was **** it out doing 1 hour jobs while I wasn't working or sleeping.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    First building, october 15th. Last building december 3rd... ( 4 hours after christmas update )
  • Zombies8MyDingo
    209 posts
    edited January 2013

Speeding up brown houses with donuts...? :shock:
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013

Speeding up brown houses with donuts...? :shock:

Stupid person on max level...
  • vvinzent
    173 posts
    edited January 2013
    i'm playing this game since late november (around 23) 2012, and now i already at town hall quest with no house farming, i do visiting friends though

for all the people correcting how he say it, this is my conclusion, he asking about how long this game will take to finish all the quest presumably is because he didn't decorate the town yet, and if you decorate your town in the middle of all the quest building, you will take a lot of time to re-decorate because the new building keep popping, so the sane thing to do is finish all the building, buy some land, and then start to decorating.

of course if you have OCD it will be different to play it, but i think i'm playing this quite normally, and yes i conclude that because i know this forum exist in the middle of playing the game, i started having friend around level 15 in mid december (around 19-20) and everyday doing 1 hour task job around 7-8 times (have a lot of free times because of holiday :D) and 8 hour task before sleep.

so for people questioning how the hell people can finish this game because it's about decorating springfield not have all the buildings or buy all the lands, there's different view about the game...
  • MrchngAnt
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm on my second town... the first one crashed too much... I finally got to the hospital and it took me about 2 months. I am a daily player (sadly I have to play when I am not at work).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.