EA Forums - Banner

Do You Buy Gil's Deals?

I'm a freemium player so the only I ever bought (as far as I remember) was the Otto deal this time last year.

Replies

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    They're usually overpriced and not worth it, so I usually skip them. However, I did go for the reasonably priced Steel Mill and splurged a bit on the Homer when they re-released it.

I'm probably gonna skip Shapes... Already have a premium Marge skin, and I really don't need yet another gym.
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited August 2015
    As a freemium player, i'm always to low on donuts when gill shows up.
    I do hope this game sticks around for many years, that way then maybe i will be at a point in life where i can allow myself to spend some of my hard earned money on the game. For now i just can't do that ...

Edit: typos
  • roperlego859
    488 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I only bought the Christmas donuts (not really an item though), and the Ice Cream Truck from him, because I almost never have enough donuts for the other Gil items :lol:
  • perkilusen
    376 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Sometimes, depends on if I got the donuts and if I like it. I don't buy everything that they release...
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited August 2015
    If I don't have it.. YES! I'm a tsto hoarder :oops:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Yes! :mrgreen:
  • bluyoshi88810
    1453 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I only do Gil Deals if it involves a character/building combo or if they're from iconic moments of the show, such as The Homer, Nixon, and Roscoe. Other purchases, such as Castle Equalia were impulse buys. I usually pass on junk (like the Easter Island head or Blarney Castle) that only appeared in the background of several episodes for a few seconds.

I'm passing this time because Shapes is a pointless one-off building, and I hated the episode where Marge became a bodybuilder (Season 14 was probably one of the worst seasons ever). 175 donuts is way too expensive.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Simples. If Gil's offering donut sales (I know, not really what you were asking :P) then "yes".

If not:
    *if it's a new item/building/skin, usually "no". He rarely offers 'em at decent prices, and if they were "must haves" EA usually has them on sale for longer or permanently (eg. with a level release).
    *if it's a combo deal/discount, then will depend on what he's selling & the size of the discount.
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Depends for me. He's shown up 3 times since I started playing and I bought 2 of them.
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited August 2015
    No. Most are ridiculously overpriced. 250 for the Gold Mansion is scandalous and now the latest one for 175 for a tiny building with another pointless skin is crazy. Charging that much for donuts should involve a building and a NEW character. But most of all they're supposed to represent a 'deal' in other words a bargain. Nothing but a ripoff.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6143 posts Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Yes

Only if it's unique items like Muscular Marge with Shapes, Roscoe with Steel Mill, Ice Cream Homer with Truck, Truckasaurus, Richard Nixon with Hotel, etc....

I also take advantage of the donut sales.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Yes

Only if it's unique items like Muscular Marge with Shapes, Roscoe with Steel Mill, Ice Cream Homer with Truck, Truckasaurus, Richard Nixon with Hotel, etc....
    So apart from bundle deals/sales, eg. Otto "back to school" deal, (which you probably have the item(s) for already :P), how many times has he offered non-unique items? :P
  • wiedmannaj
    1121 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I'd get this Marge deal if it was like 120 donuts, but not for 175. I would like a premium skin, but it's not worth it to me.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Oatmeal832
    547 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    "Sometimes - Depends on if I like it"

Limited-time character involved? Buy
    Limited-time skin involved? Buy
    Bargain price for skin or character I don't have? Buy - usually
    Bargain donuts? Buy

Anything else? Pass
  • AARONRTD
    1803 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    No I don't .
    Like this one for something new is not really a Gil deal (lower prices, bundles, returned items). There's nothing different with this release than any other release of items. G how do we release this building and skin out of nowhere and make any kind of sense, ah make it a Gil deal.
    So whil I did buy this under a Gil deal I would have got under any banner.
  • Samaranth01
    2180 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    It depends on what it is and how many doughnuts I have to spend. This one would use about half my doughnuts and I already have 4 or 5 skins for Marge, including at least one premium, so I'm going to pass and save them for Halloween.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6143 posts Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Linkwick wrote:
    Yes

So apart from bundle deals/sales, eg. Otto "back to school" deal, (which you probably have the item(s) for already :P), how many times has he offered non-unique items? :P

Before he started offered unique items, all he would do was offer bundles & donut sales. Other than the donut sales, us veterans would never see Gil.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!