EA Forums - Banner

Life Imitates Art?

Oatmeal832 wrote:
I let my dogs out around 5AM and the youngest started to bark at something.

I went to get her inside and saw the target of her yapping: a possum sitting on my fence!

At least that's what I think it was. Maybe I'm tapping so much I'm seeing possums everywhere... :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Replies

• wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    We see possums all the time. We 'uns is country folk.

Nasty little creatures that will hiss at you when you try to save them from the dogs.
  • Oatmeal832
    560 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    We see possums all the time. We 'uns is country folk.

Nasty little creatures that will hiss at you when you try to save them from the dogs.

I live in the DC suburbs, so they're rarer here. I've seen them occasionally but not often.

It'd been a few years since I last saw one, so I thought the timing of this one's arrival was... interesting! :mrgreen:
  • blizzardfri
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    One of my cats once brought a very young possum into the house. It hid out for a couple of hours and I was finally able to coax it into a box and bring it back outside. I didn't leave the door open for the cat after that...
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    457 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I used to find the occasional carcass or skeleton in my yard when I lived in Florida. I had a very stealthy dog.
  • edited September 2015
    Semi-related:

The possums in the game have often seemed more like rats or mice to me. Especially when they're in groups.

About an hour ago I saw a small grey mouse in my apartment. Been here for 7 years, and this is the first time. Don't recall seeing one in any other apartment in my adult life either.
  • Surfcitygal
    1159 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    We have a local joke: Why did the chicken cross the road? To show the possum it could be done!

Sadly, Lurleen would be vey busy here with her BBQ
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!