EA Forums - Banner

Corn?

Prev1
Guess that depends on what you expect to receive?

May be helpful to google "Simpsons Tapped Out plant corn". :wink:

Replies

• ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited September 2015
    You can always store the farm in order to cancel the growth of corn. Note that Cletus will be stored as well so if you have him on a task that will be cancelled as well and needs to be started again once you place it again from inventory.

Is it worth it?
    YES, if you want to grow something but don't want the (multiple) daily hassle of planting.

NO, if you are in need of cash. The longer the task, the worse the payout gets in relation to the length of the task.
  • butteredtoast13
    15 posts
    edited September 2015
    I guess a better question would have been if there are any tasks that require you to grow a crop. Maybe too broad of a question. I will try googling it though- I guess I didn't think of that when I posted this. I suppose it's all personal preference with no definite answer. Thanks. :)
  • butteredtoast13
    15 posts
    edited September 2015
    ndeeka wrote:
    You can always store the farm in order to cancel the growth of corn. Note that Cletus will be stored as well so if you have him on a task that will be cancelled as well and needs to be started again once you place it again from inventory.

Is it worth it?
    YES, if you want to grow something but don't want the (multiple) daily hassle of planting.

NO, if you are in need of cash. The longer the task, the worse the payout gets in relation to the length of the task.

Good to know that you can store and cancel if needed. Thanks!
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I perminately grow 90 day corn, and I've never had a task for growing something else come up. :D
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    If you have Marge the Witch you can accelerate the corn growth to make it a better payout. Even if you only use her when you're not using regular Marge for a crafting task. I've got my fingers crossed that the skin will be available again in this year's Treehouse of Horror event so I can get her in my secondary town.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    A while back there was a spate of grow tomacco/silvertounge/moonshine as random tasks but that doesn't seemed to have happened for a while. Unless it's an event where you can plant event currentcy you can just leave it in your book until the corn is done.
  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It's almost time to plant corn if you want to harvest it on Christmas Day. I did that last year for my first corn crop :mrgreen:
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I did it once a few years ago. Towns were still kind of small back then though so the pay out seemed like a big deal.
  • seanharry
    143 posts
    edited September 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    If you have Marge the Witch you can accelerate the corn growth to make it a better payout. Even if you only use her when you're not using regular Marge for a crafting task. I've got my fingers crossed that the skin will be available again in this year's Treehouse of Horror event so I can get her in my secondary town.

This is prob.not true.
    I heard before that she doesn't work for the corn task. I'll try it out tho
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I have 7days left before my Corn is ready :) Be interesting to see how much it earns me once it done, being my %bonus is a lot higher since last time
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • ness382
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    seanharry wrote:
    wadebear wrote:

This is prob.not true.

She certainly does accelerate the corn! :)
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I guess a better question would have been if there are any tasks that require you to grow a crop. Maybe too broad of a question. I will try googling it though- I guess I didn't think of that when I posted this. I suppose it's all personal preference with no definite answer. Thanks. :)

There are a few cases:

"Any tasks" as in part of a character questline - If you want to progress, you might need to plant something on the farm. I don't recall which quests need it (some may be premium). If you've reached a high-ish level, I don't believe there's any farming quests. What level are you on and what is the latest character you've unlocked? Other players on here might be able to say if you need the farm in the future quests.

"Any tasks" in general - the random ones that appear on the taskbook. E.g. Grow Perfection. They offer measly amounts of money and XP upon completing the task. And they are a frequent occurrence. It's not like if you threw away your corn and planted Perfection it would go away. Most likely the next time you plant corn again, you'll get Perfection or Triffids as a quest. I've been ignoring my Perfection quest for a good 6 months already.

"Any tasks" for events - E.g. Grow Roses as Valentines currency/quest. It has happened once and I believe everyone's crop was auto-completed for free. Those who planted corn the day before were extra lucky. Then you focus on growing roses till the event ends.

"Any tasks" for events - this time without auto-completion. I can't recall the exact details, but there was one event where you needed the farm. I think players either had to store the farm and waste the time and money spent on corn, or they could rush it. I don't remember if it was a quest needing the farm to plant a crop or a quest just needing the farm where the in-progress crop can be left untouched. If it's the latter, you can just let your corn grow as normal. Can anyone remember more about this scenario?

Halloween's coming up, so I'm not sure if they will need the farm to grow Halloween crops. *shrugs*
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    seanharry wrote:
    wadebear wrote:

This is prob.not true.
    I don't know where you came up with that idea. I've speeded through 2 corn crops with Marge the Witch - and that's a Premium payout job for her by the way - and am still doing it at least once a day even with the crafting tasks going.
  • zackscity
    32 posts
    edited September 2015
    I currently have a quest line requiring me to grow Tomatoes twice.

Still have 40 days left on corn :(

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    zackscity wrote:

Is that a random task that pops up? As that quest is only 30mins long so i wouldnt worry to much as the corn is far more important and far bigger payout ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    zackscity wrote:

Is that a random task that pops up? As that quest is only 30mins long so i wouldnt worry to much as the corn is far more important and far bigger payout ;)
    If I remember correctly that's a part of Brandine's quest line.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    seanharry wrote:
    wadebear wrote:

This is prob.not true.
    I don't know where you came up with that idea. I've speeded through 2 corn crops with Marge the Witch - and that's a Premium payout job for her by the way - and am still doing it at least once a day even with the crafting tasks going.

I believe at an early point in the game, Witch Marge was glitched in that you could only use her 'speed up' task once per crop cycle. So essentially, she would only take 4 hrs off the Corn crop and that's it. I could be confusing this with an event crop though.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I think I have only grown corn once in over 1 1/2 years even though I have Witch Marge. I always grow the 24 hour moonshine to synchronize with the 24 hour tasks at Channel 6 and KBBL. I always seem to forget to reset those and the moonshine crop helps me remember. :roll: If only the drive-in had a 24 hour movie...
  • butteredtoast13
    15 posts
    edited September 2015

There are a few cases:

"Any tasks" as in part of a character questline - If you want to progress, you might need to plant something on the farm. I don't recall which quests need it (some may be premium). If you've reached a high-ish level, I don't believe there's any farming quests. What level are you on and what is the latest character you've unlocked? Other players on here might be able to say if you need the farm in the future quests.

"Any tasks" in general - the random ones that appear on the taskbook. E.g. Grow Perfection. They offer measly amounts of money and XP upon completing the task. And they are a frequent occurrence. It's not like if you threw away your corn and planted Perfection it would go away. Most likely the next time you plant corn again, you'll get Perfection or Triffids as a quest. I've been ignoring my Perfection quest for a good 6 months already.

"Any tasks" for events - E.g. Grow Roses as Valentines currency/quest. It has happened once and I believe everyone's crop was auto-completed for free. Those who planted corn the day before were extra lucky. Then you focus on growing roses till the event ends.

"Any tasks" for events - this time without auto-completion. I can't recall the exact details, but there was one event where you needed the farm. I think players either had to store the farm and waste the time and money spent on corn, or they could rush it. I don't remember if it was a quest needing the farm to plant a crop or a quest just needing the farm where the in-progress crop can be left untouched. If it's the latter, you can just let your corn grow as normal. Can anyone remember more about this scenario?

Halloween's coming up, so I'm not sure if they will need the farm to grow Halloween crops. *shrugs*

I'm on level 21 and just unlocked Grampa. About to unlock Mayor Quimby once I get a few thousand more dollars to build the town hall. I guess I can start the corn and if there happens to be a Halloween task requiring I grow something I can always cancel it. I am okay with ignoring the smaller tasks until it can be harvested. I just didn't want to take the chance of screwing up an event but now that I know you can store the farm if need be- that's good enough for me.

Thank you all for the help. This board has done wonders for a newbie. :lol:
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Tapper - I have had a tomacco task for about 68 days. My corn is ready to harvest. The hour is getting near.

24edqbq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.