EA Forums - Banner

My Cecil has no animated tasks

I have the same issue regarding his 24 hour task and posted in the bug forum but nothing was done.

Replies

• ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    MamaLuck wrote:
    My Cecil is missing a lot of his animated tasks. He will sing at the opera but that's about it. The rest of his animated tasks, all he does is walk around the town, doing absolutely nothing. I've tried to store him and put him back out but it doesn't help. Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't know if anyone else has the same issue, but I think his 24-hour one (?) is something about running for office or campaigning or something like that ... and all he ever does in my town is wander around during it. In fact, I don't even know if I end up collecting money from him. I don't pay much attention.

I do see him singing at the opera, and doing his comic act in front of the opera stage (not sure what task duration that one is). And his 8-hour task, he does have his surveying equipment and surveys the town. But that 24-hour one is definitely just wandering around town. I don't know if he has any other visible tasks ...
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    MamaLuck wrote:
    My Cecil is missing a lot of his animated tasks. He will sing at the opera but that's about it. The rest of his animated tasks, all he does is walk around the town, doing absolutely nothing. I've tried to store him and put him back out but it doesn't help. Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't know if anyone else has the same issue, but I think his 24-hour one (?) is something about running for office or campaigning or something like that ... and all he ever does in my town is wander around during it. In fact, I don't even know if I end up collecting money from him. I don't pay much attention.

I do see him singing at the opera, and doing his comic act in front of the opera stage (not sure what task duration that one is). And his 8-hour task, he does have his surveying equipment and surveys the town. But that 24-hour one is definitely just wandering around town. I don't know if he has any other visible tasks ...

Run for mayor

And yeah all he ever does is walk around town and go from house to house. Didn't even realize it was a glitch
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Well the main reason I think something is off with him is because I see him in my neighbors' towns and he walks around carrying a sign with a heart on it but he doesn't do that on any of my tasks. For his 24 hour task and his other visual task, he simply walks around the town doing nothing. It's the same thing he does when he's not doing ANY task. Something's definitely wrong with him. Storing him doesn't help. :(
  • devilhunt1449
    3726 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Not 100% sure but if I remember correctly the job with the heart sign was one of the original jobs you had to do during the quest, maybe they never finished the quest line so that they can continue to do the job.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    The one with him carrying the sign was for his original task "Make Amends." I thought that afterward they would assign this task a new name for his permanent task list, but they never used it for anything. It seems like it would fit his "Run for Mayor" task, so maybe it was meant for that. However, EA has completely forgotten about Cecil.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Ahh, ok. So, basically Cecil just does..........nothing. :lol:
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Has anyone noticed whether he actually pays out money, then? I mean, when that 24-hour task ends, does he show a thumbs up that needs clearing and earns money? I never paid attention before .. He would, right?
  • johncolombo
    11570 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Maybe it would be easier just to make the tasks name
    "Walk for mayor"
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • devilhunt1449
    3726 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Maybe it would be easier just to make the tasks name
    "Walk for mayor"

I think it would be better named 'Walk aimlessly around town'
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.