EA Forums - Banner

Buildings auto clearing? turn on your X-MAS lights to let your neighbors know...

Prev134567
I'm having the same problem (iOS) your not the only one :(

Replies

• meezosoop
    141 posts
    edited September 2015
    Same here
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Sorry to hear that's happening to you. :( :(

Mine did the opposite yesterday. One-time only.

1. Successfully collected all rents first thing in the morning. (E.g., money & XP added to my 'bank')
    2. Re-entered later that morning.
    3. Every building was ready for collection again ... even Krabappel Apartments, which has a two-day timer)
    4. Collected all those rents successfully. (Again, money & XP added to my 'bank')

It only happened that one time. Since then, when I log in, everything works as it always did in the past. The timers reflect the appropriate remaining countdown times.

Ironically, this only happened in my main town, aka "The Town Where I Already Have More Money Than God."

• stevedilge752
    195 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Ok at least its not just me. Looks like time to wait for a patch. Its funny my building timers all reset once i log into my town.
  • Castiel19x
    3889 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Its probably most likely something to do with the IRS building that we were supposed to get yesterday. It collects all taxes from the buildings But due till the bug from yesterday update its mess everything up.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Some of my buildings are clearing themselves. I've noticed it around the landing zone. I wonder if has to do with neighbor visits and the game is auto-clearing the handshakes.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    my whole town was cleared. do we get the money and xp when this happens or is it gone?
  • niahunt
    226 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Same happening in my Town.

Went to tap some neighbour towns,I had not cleared any in mine, but when I returned all my buildings had been cleared (no handshakes).
  • truenykitty
    72 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Same problem here. I too am sorry there's not much to tap neighbors. I'm hoping there will be a fix soon.
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I have the same issue. When I start my game, all the money above the buildings disappears. (My cash does not increase.) I apologize to my neighbors if there's nothing to tap, as I usually leave all my buildings available. I took some Kwik-E-Marts and brown houses out of storage and scattered them around, so I hope that helps.
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited September 2015
    Same here :cry:
  • LPNintendoITA
    11321 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    dunno what triggers it but it's a sideeffect of the irs not activating. :(
  • seanharry
    143 posts
    edited September 2015
    It was mentioned in a diff. post. It was said to have been fixed by syncing.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    dunno what triggers it but it's a sideeffect of the irs not activating. :(

Okay, I found a wrinkle --

Went to my town and all was well.
    If a building was ready, money floated there.
    If a building wasn't ready, no money floated.
    Went to the friend screen, did some visits.
    Returned to town.
    All floating money gone. From EVERYWHERE.

BUT here's a wrinkle:

Buildings that were "dumpable" during the event (but not yet ready for collection when I first went into my town) all had their timers set back to the beginning.
    For instance, Hermans. It WOULD HAVE BEEN ready for collection an hour from now. But the countdown clock says I need to wait another 12 hours. It "reset" an in-progress countdown back to the start.

In CONTRAST
    Buildings that were NOT "dumpable" during the event (and not yet ready for collection) did not have their timers set back to the beginning.
    For instance, my blue house. The countdown clock says I only need to wait 3 more hours. Which is as it should be.

Anyone else seeing that? Can anyone see any inconsistencies in their towns that would contradict my theory that there's a relationship between 'dumpable buildings' and 'reset timers'?

:shock:
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    seanharry wrote:
    It was mentioned in a diff. post. It was said to have been fixed by syncing.

Nope. Not for me. I did that. In fact, it was "syncing" that created the problem in the first place for me. :cry:

My town was fine. Money everywhere. Then I went to neighbor screen and came back. All the money was gone. Poof.

BTW, I've tried going back and forth to my neighbor screen again, to see if I could get it to revert. But it did not. The only money I see floating is over buildings now are those that have 'ripened' since that first loss. (That were not "dumpable" ... see my post above.)
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I guess I'm weird because everything is working fine in my towns.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • barryriddl474
    4814 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Dianne, my town auto cleared everything yesterday after doing the update, but money started accumulating like normal after the initial clearing. I hope yours fixes itself too.
  • jettsmom98
    45 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Mine is messed up too. No buildings to tap. Sorry friends. I also updated too soon.
  • 4tee3
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I've had the problem a few times. Since I've a large house farm I can confirm we are not getting credit for the money/XP we should be gaining.
  • tdmdksk389
    354 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Dianne, my town auto cleared everything yesterday after doing the update, but money started accumulating like normal after the initial clearing. I hope yours fixes itself too.

Hi Barry,

It started last night and is still doing it. I just feel bad for the new neighbors that I just added. Many thanks for the info though. :)
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I noticed the apartment buildings from the super hero event are auto clearing in my town but no other problems as of yet
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!