EA Forums - Banner

Buildings auto clearing? turn on your X-MAS lights to let your neighbors know...

Replies

• kimmah003
    82 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Some of my brown houses are auto-clearing...some, not all... All other buildings seem to be okay.
    I thought the only problem with the update was that towns were rolled back a level, I had no idea there were other issues. I should not have updated.
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited September 2015
    I haven't yet updated, so I'm not sure about the auto clearing, but I have found a familiar sight left by friends who have updated. Not sure if it will work with squidport tiles though. Have seen it on 2 separate buildings so far.

Gz4CWOcl.png
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I also am finding buildings that clearing or just the time is getting reset without giving up the cash.
    Good to know I'm not the only one.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    My buildings have all reset twice today, and no, I did not get the cash and XP.
  • BlakeC02309
    96 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    This problem is also happening in my Springfield.. It does seem like I do receive money but not totally sure.. Sorry to my neighbors if there is nothing to tap in my Springfield! Please forgive me! :lol::lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • TwigletStyx
    1028 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I updated earlier today, and all buildings auto-cleared on first sync (KL/Neighbor visits) while others seem to clear with every sync...

I haven't paid attention to which buildings are affected, but I'll post when (and/or if) I do.
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • stevedilge752
    198 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ..UPDATE... I downloaded the most recent update (android) ver 4.16.9 . It has been a few hours and all seems to be working again. My buildings have not reset since update. Unfortunately they LZ has been changed to the S.H tunnel. I was just starting a much needed redesign and was going to use S.H as a junk area for my house farm etc. To keep it out of my Springfield but i don't want that to be the frist thing my neighbors see in my town :(

• stellableu222
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    dunno what triggers it but it's a sideeffect of the irs not activating. :(

Okay, I found a wrinkle --

Went to my town and all was well.
    If a building was ready, money floated there.
    If a building wasn't ready, no money floated.
    Went to the friend screen, did some visits.
    Returned to town.
    All floating money gone. From EVERYWHERE.

BUT here's a wrinkle:

Buildings that were "dumpable" during the event (but not yet ready for collection when I first went into my town) all had their timers set back to the beginning.
    For instance, Hermans. It WOULD HAVE BEEN ready for collection an hour from now. But the countdown clock says I need to wait another 12 hours. It "reset" an in-progress countdown back to the start.

In CONTRAST
    Buildings that were NOT "dumpable" during the event (and not yet ready for collection) did not have their timers set back to the beginning.
    For instance, my blue house. The countdown clock says I only need to wait 3 more hours. Which is as it should be.

Anyone else seeing that? Can anyone see any inconsistencies in their towns that would contradict my theory that there's a relationship between 'dumpable buildings' and 'reset timers'?

:shock:

I had the same thing happen, except all buildings didn't reset at the same time, maybe they reset as they would have been able to be collected. Now that the dumpable buildings have been "cleared" after reset, everything seems to be working fine. Only noticed on 3-4 hr buildings, as those are ones I notice most often.
  • Abock64
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Same problem here but after the last update and login to the game everything cleared again
    Will see if all the 8 and 12 hour buildings will produce and keep the signs
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I wish this would get fixed. Seems to be getting worse.
  • TwigletStyx
    1028 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    This issue is beyond me, and paying closer attention has brought about even more confusion. :shock:

Neighbor visits cause most (if not all) Buildings to auto-clear, while KL visits only cause some (not always the same) Buildings to auto-clear.

Additionally, I have great Neighbors who are active, clear handshakes regularly, and nearly always have Buildings to tap... but now their SF's look just as empty as mine. :?

Edit:

Forgot to mention that exiting the game auto-clears ALL Buildings.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Lost my entire blue house farm again. The game forced me to redownload and all my buildings were reset.

This is getting beyond frustrating.
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Well this is pretty darn marvellous :evil:

Lost lvl 57, along with all the stuff I bought
    Figured what the heck, grind back through.

And now I can't even do that, at any speed, as my stuff isn't generating xp :evil: :evil:
  • dubhe1313
    317 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Finally updated...everything seems ok, had cash and handshakes on all of my buildings. Cleared the handshakes and completed quests, which now also clears cash if the task was inside. Still had a ton of buildings with stuff for neighbors to tap...went to Krustyland, came back cash was cleared from almost everything but cash total didn't go up....so what? Chickenbutt.
  • SplFrcsCWO
    33 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm also finding the Drive-in, Nightmare Pile and Moon Bounce are also auto-clearing.
  • suetopia
    4227 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Everything appears to be auto-clearing in my town too - for me it happens with syncing by going to KL/neighbours. Just did the update a few hours ago. So far this is the only issue I'm having with the update. Apologies to neighbours.
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Me too... fine when I go in the game, but the minute I visit neighbors or go to krustyland all my buildings are wiped.

Sorry neighbors.. :(
  • jeni16
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Same problems here. At this rate, it will be a long time before I can reach Level 58.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    Everything appears to be auto-clearing in my town too - for me it happens with syncing by going to KL/neighbours. Just did the update a few hours ago. So far this is the only issue I'm having with the update. Apologies to neighbours.
    This exact description is happening to me too. I'm on iOS 8.1.4. Auto-clearing when syncing. Many of my neighboreeno's towns are wastelands with nothing to tap. Pretty rough going, especially with the new FP prizes. Sorry, neighboreeno's!
  • Saskcon
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I can log in with dollar signs floating over buildings. I visit Krustyville or neighbors and those have all been cleared with maybe some new ones showing collectible status. This has been happening since the end of the monorail event on both IOS 8.4 and 9. I tried the live chat but after the welcome to it I got no further response. It's impossible to collect if you're hoping to leave something for neighbors. It seems to happen to every building I have.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!