EA Forums - Banner

Experiencing very bad lag. Any suggestions to help?

When you say "plenty of space", be sure that is RAM. I think that device has 1GB of RAM, but if it is anything like my Samsung tablet, also 1GB RAM, it comes with a lot of bloatware. Clean that out best you can. After doing that if it is still lagging too bad, start looking at everything in your town that is animated. Put NPCs in inventory. For some reason putting all the track in inventory helped me. I realize disconnecting should have been enough, but it was not. Know those hammer/saw icons over the SH buildings? They have to be animated also. So spend down SH resources to get rid of them. Put characters on inside tasks if convenient. Hope that helps.

I'm thinking myself that I want a new device with 2-4 GB RAM, and a faster processor. Maybe Xmas. :)

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Have you tried to nuke your town?
  • M4rkEv4ns
    188 posts
    edited September 2015
    MaxxSpider are you trying to be Funny or am I missing something?
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Try sending most of your characters on indoor/ no animation tasks, and collect all the money and handshakes off buildings. If that doesn't work, also try storing some NPCs. Then try taking down extra decos that won't mess up your design too much. You can always slowly re add everything back to the game. These usually work for me. Had a lag a few days ago, tried first option and worked for me.
  • Surfcitygal
    1242 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Yesterday iOS9 came out. Have you tried this upgrade?
  • 0_yommmi
    34 posts
    edited September 2015
    I have bad lag too since those hammer signs hover over many SH buildings. Apparently there should be a new feature with a blue icon letting us turn those off in this update. Was it implemented? I cant seem to find it
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    0_yommmi wrote:
    I have bad lag too since those hammer signs hover over many SH buildings. Apparently there should be a new feature with a blue icon letting us turn those off in this update. Was it implemented? I cant seem to find it

I know what you are talking about and I have not seen it in the game. It is unreleased content in the files per LPN.

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Or just wait until later in the day and into the hot night, because my intense lag turned into smooth sailing today simply by letting 14 hours go by. There may be peak times of day or some such crap.
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I had similar on my iPad Air, but not on my iPhone 5s

Noticed that I had about 20 apps running in background (Closed not shut down)
    Force closed them, and my Air was back to butter :)
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm getting a horrible lag on my Android game every time I tap out a handshake. There's a visible pause every time the FP collects.

It's happening on my iPad game as well, but not nearly as bad. Just a microsecond hiccup.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    I'm getting a horrible lag on my Android game every time I tap out a handshake. There's a visible pause every time the FP collects.

It's happening on my iPad game as well, but not nearly as bad. Just a microsecond hiccup.

Happens to me also. Sometimes it gets better without me doing anything.

This game has always required a very solid server connection. Hence I suspect packets flying to the server often. With other issues we are seeing for which we suspect the server, perhaps this is just another indication of server problems.

What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.