EA Forums - Banner

EA I dont' understand your business model

Prev1
I have to agree with statement but I will offer I don't know to what extent the coding has become a day or two kind of fix. Now they had their issues way back when no one ever thought that this game would go past Lvl 20 and die off like a lot of games do. It doesn't help this happened over a weekend and usually tapped out works fine but when my most commonly used attribute of tapped out being neighbors comes to a grinding halt I get literally pissed. Well it worked yesterday is what I say but reality says some people took the weekend off and are with family. So I don't throw and destroy any of my equipment, I just take a pause and play something that does work. This all started with 10-15 characters now with over a hundred. It's beyond my scope of engineering to replicate and report bugs consistently.

Edit.. Fixed spelling

Replies

• Deadshot_DCU
    6139 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I've gotten quite a few game crashes myself. But I'm sure everything will get resolved and patched up in the upcoming days.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited September 2015
    This game has always been buggy from the start when I started playing. Logging in to someone else town was a bad glitch. Network errors is another. But the past couple months has been nightmarish at best. Losing some donuts at the start SH was the worse but Fight Club was fun!
  • denisewalks
    178 posts
    edited September 2015
    Agree. I've played pretty much from the start, but this rash of buggies seems worse than it has ever been.

I love visiting my neighbors and can barely do that with all the crashes. Today EA logged me out of the game and since logging back in, I haven't been able to open the game.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Actually, I've only experienced minor issues. Nothing as extreme as loosing a whole level! If that had happened to me, I think my head would have exploded!

I'm just perplexed at a company who rolls out a lot of bells and whistles when it should really concentrate on the fundamentals. THEN give us all those bells and whistles!

Hopefully they will do just that, BEFORE Halloween.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    65Malibu wrote:
    This game has always been buggy from the start when I started playing. Logging in to someone else town was a bad glitch. Network errors is another. But the past couple months has been nightmarish at best. Losing some donuts at the start SH was the worse but Fight Club was fun!

Fight Clubs were great! And now we have the SW19 Club, or as I like to call it "Tennis, anyone?" :)

• vibra5
    337 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I lost 26 characters then have restored going back to when there was not the problem, it seemed to have worked, but after 12 hours the same problem has come back so two week ago they sent the case to the experts and asked not to return until contact me,
    I lost almost the whole mission of the monorail and although maybe I give the characters lost I wanted to play and I want to return soon but I fear it will don't :( :(
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Agree. I've played pretty much from the start, but this rash of buggies seems worse than it has ever been.

I love visiting my neighbors and can barely do that with all the crashes. Today EA logged me out of the game and since logging back in, I haven't been able to open the game.

I have to disagree, while the game has been quite buggy lately, having your entire town vanish, being sent back several levels or being sent back to level 1 and Harpies, which locked some out for over a month or more, I think are still some of the worse glitches over all.

I think we should just relax a bit, these things happen all the time. It just seem to be happening more frequently because, they are releasing more updates, events and items than ever before. Glitches aside, I think this has been the best year for the game, as far as releasing content, plenty of fun updates and events, there's barely been any lag between levels. Which I am greatly enjoying.
  • devilhunt1449
    3243 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Why did someone have to mention the harp of death, I'm going to have nightmares again now.
    Welcome to the forum, there's some fantastic information available on here.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Why did someone have to mention the harp of death, I'm going to have nightmares again now.

I'm Sorry! :cry:
  • TwigletStyx
    980 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Igcognita wrote:

I have to disagree, while the game has been quite buggy lately, having your entire town vanish, being sent back several levels or being sent back to level 1 and Harpies, which locked some out for over a month or more, I think are still some of the worse glitches over all.

I think we should just relax a bit, these things happen all the time. It just seem to be happening more frequently because, they are releasing more updates, events and items than ever before. Glitches aside, I think this has been the best year for the game, as far as releasing content, plenty of fun updates and events, there's barely been any lag between levels. Which I am greatly enjoying.

This. ^^
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    My first thought is to wonder where you work, and if you've ever worked for a really large software company that releases new product so frequently, to such a large audience.

Just like any business type, there will be some that are very efficient, and some that are not, but because they are so big, they still make money and dominate the market.

Besides the huge, slow motion like actions typically of a big company, there's the complexity of serving so many different customers. BUGS are not consistent. They can be intermittent and variable. We use a lot of different devices, connection types, and variations of OS. That's hard to do thorough testing while still trying to meet the demand for more new content.

They don't just thoroughly test a new product, release it, and put their feet up. They are continually tracking BUGS to resolve. Going over code is abeeyotch. Testing changes is time consuming. And multiple people working on the same product is subject to integration stress as well.

I'm just saying that my experience working with hi tech companies like D.ell, E.surance, and E.arthLink, which all have in house product development, all have huge processes to follow. They can be slow. But the people spending 10 hours a day at work, actually solving the problems, are most likely BUSTING THEIR * DAILY.

it's not like a bunch of EA execs are sitting around with feet up, lighting cigars with money YOU spent on donuts.

Now, how many people do they hire to build and troubleshoot their product? Well now that gets expensive, and i think they seem profitable enough to demonstrate they know what they're doing in that department. They see things from a much higher elevation in perspective. It's hard to notice individual complaints at the bottom of the mountain, when it's just a collective roar at the top. Not dismissing the complaints, just explaining the way it often is.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    This is a game we hate to love, do we not? :wink:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • edited September 2015
    Generally I'm pretty patient with glitches or bugs because I get that this stuff can be pretty complicated and takes time. I've also been pretty lucky compared to most in the glitch department.

That said, given how much worse it's been lately, I'm a bit surprised they haven't just slowed down the new content rollouts before fixing the old ones. Adding even more complexity onto an already existing software problem just makes it harder to root out and fix.

We've just had a huge expansion, a major event, and a new level during the event. Would anybody really have been bothered if it took them a bit longer to release Level 58?

That's the only part of the "business model" I'm not getting in this situation.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Generally I'm pretty patient with glitches or bugs because I get that this stuff can be pretty complicated and takes time. I've also been pretty lucky compared to most in the glitch department.

That said, given how much worse it's been lately, I'm a bit surprised they haven't just slowed down the new content rollouts before fixing the old ones. Adding even more complexity onto an already existing software problem just makes it harder to root out and fix.

We've just had a huge expansion, a major event, and a new level during the event. Would anybody really have been bothered if it took them a bit longer to release Level 58?

I think it might be because not everyone is experiencing the same glitches, and not everyone has had a glitch problem. Which means there are several factors that maybe the cause for the glitches.
    I don't think you can just put a pause on the game, when there are plenty of people who are not having issues at all. The worse glitch for me is one that locks you out of the game or makes the game unplayable. Other than that, these other issues, to me are minor annoyances, that will eventually be worked out. I lost characters, they're back now, I experienced lag, now it's normal, had problems with level 57, now everything is back to normal, mostly.
    The latest update had some issue, which I'm sure they are actively working on. How about we give them a chance to fix it and continue to give us a good year of gameplay.
  • TwigletStyx
    980 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Igcognita wrote:

I think it might be because not everyone is experiencing the same glitches, and not everyone has had a glitch problem. Which means there are several factors that maybe the cause for the glitches.
    I don't think you can just put a pause on the game, when there are plenty of people who are not having issues at all. The worse glitch for me is one that locks you out of the game or makes the game unplayable. Other than that, these other issues, to me are minor annoyances, that will eventually be worked out. I lost characters, they're back now, I experienced lag, now it's normal, had problems with level 57, now everything is back to normal, mostly.
    The latest update had some issue, which I'm sure they are actively working on. How about we give them a chance to fix it and continue to give us a good year of gameplay.

I totally agree. Additionally, content updates are planned & set in motion weeks/months in advance.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
  • FrankyK47
    266 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Igcognita wrote:

I partially agree with you, but EA did not make an official announcement in this forum, mentioning that there are bugs with the loss of a complete level, offer a solution and explain the consequences of the "Level 57 reset" option. They just wanted to sit it out, leaving players alone. I had to contact the EA support six times, until I got real help.
    Level 939. Daily Tapped Out Player since 2012.
  • 4tee3
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Having read through this thread I think the biggest problem is "support". I understand that you have to filter out players who can't follow simple reset procedures but if you explain to support you have done this an still have a problem they insist on reading thier script rather than pass you on to someone who has some knowledge of the game. I also find it frustrating when support quite clearly are ignorant of current widespread issues.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    FrankyK47 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:

I partially agree with you, but EA did not make an official announcement in this forum, mentioning that there are bugs with the loss of a complete level, offer a solution and explain the consequences of the "Level 57 reset" option. They just wanted to sit it out, leaving players alone. I had to contact the EA support six times, until I got real help.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for EA to make an official Statement here, they have never done that in the past and I doubt they ever will.

I agree their support is a problem, that's why i don't even bother with them.

When I have a problem I usually just check the forums to see if it's a common problem. The community is great here, people post their problems, solutions they might have found and experiences with EA support. And then usually I just wait it out.
    I remember the first time my town reset to 0, I came to the forum, and the advice from people who had already experienced the problem, was stay calm and wait it out. And that's how I've handled every problem I've had so far.

I don't have a problem with complaints, they are actually necessary, but after awhile they just become redundant when constant new threads are made about the same issues. Kind of sucks the fun out of the place. Reminds me of Easter, when the same people kept complaining about the same thing over and over and over... Sucked all the life out of the place.
    I think there's enough threads about what's going on now, we don't need a whole bunch of new ones just to trash EA again.
  • GeorgePatton5
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Last week we heard from multiple tsto platforms to NOT UPDATE OR EVEN PLAY the game until things get fixed. That pretty much sounds like some form of consumer strike to me. Imagine how much money EA must have lost! Yet even after the updates there are still reports of some serious issues among players.

If I were EA, last week would have been a wake up call. But no, I still have problems collecting rent on my buildings, still crashes frequently. And if you would just take a little peek on this forum alone, you will see tons of problems.

I love this game. I even signed on to be a RTTF player. I'm not going on a rampage and claiming not to play anymore. But I want to see solid fixes. I want this game to be reliable. I don't want any more updates, events or what not. I just want my game back!

sounds like a problem with your device. The warnings were creating mass hysteria for a problem that didnt exist. I had no problem with the update.
  • edited September 2015
    GeorgePatton5, you should add this to your signature. 8)

BROREVERSE_original.gif?1377801825
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!