EA Forums - Banner

Questions? Click here! - TSTO User-Compiled Forum Index

Replies

• Hi,
    Is it possible to get all characters with quests only or do you have to pay actual donuts to get some ?
  • Hi,
    Is it possible to get all characters with quests only or do you have to pay actual donuts to get some ?
    Some characters can only be purchased with donuts. Here is a list of characters currently in the game:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/95158/chart-of-playable-characters-thoh-2017/p1?new=1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Loanet
    357 posts Member
    When I use my Unemployment Office to get everybody working, most characters head out on the task, but oddly, not all of them. At first one might assume that characters not sent out on a 1-hour task are those without one unlocked, but this isn't always true.

After some thought, it seems that these ones are those with potential Yellow tasks. A yellow task like 'attend the Duff Gardens' which never ends.
  • Loanet wrote: »
    When I use my Unemployment Office to get everybody working, most characters head out on the task, but oddly, not all of them. At first one might assume that characters not sent out on a 1-hour task are those without one unlocked, but this isn't always true.

After some thought, it seems that these ones are those with potential Yellow tasks. A yellow task like 'attend the Duff Gardens' which never ends.

This game behavior is by design.
  • Hi, fellow D'oh heads! lol! I have a few inquiries and maybe you can help me (I mean if you want) out. Ahh crap...I forgot what they were! Be right back (12: 24 PM...12:29 PM) BACK!...whew! Ok, here goes:

1. Has Donny's Discount Gas ever been offered? The reason I ask is that it's right across the street from the zoo.
    2. Is there still a point to using the experience accelerator? (I'm under the current impression levels don't mean anything anymore...but have not been able to clarify this.)

3. Does anyone else concur that having just side-walks/walkways or narrower paths (bike, forest, off-road) would be a welcomed game tool?

4. Is it worth my time to contact the EA people with suggestions or ideas?

5. The amount of neighbours you are allowed. Even after looking into this, I still am not sure. Sticking to this, why do I come across players who I got from the official "add me" threads that come up on my friends list, down at the bottom, as "this Origin member has never played the game ever" or something like that?
    Well, thanks for your help or even your for time readin' all this junk! I enjoy this game immensely!

The chaosociety would like to say THANKS! to all our great neighbours'!

Have a Swell Day! :)

ps - I only started playing at the end of July, so if any of this has already been covered. I apologize.
  • @chaosociety Hello :) I’ll have a go at answering your queries.
    1. Fairly sure that it hasn’t.
    2. Max level is 939, although you can still level up your XP bar once you reach that level. More XP > more bonus boxes > more donuts. Two threads that may help:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-players/p1
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149536/kwik-e-mart-also-known-as-kem-farming-guide/p1
    3 & 4. Yes, I would like to see narrower paving etc, although it has been mentioned a few times in the past on the forum. You can certainly contact EA if you want to - we never know how EA decide what to add to the game, or if they take suggestions from players. Unfortunately we get almost no feedback from them.
    5. 100 neighbours max with Origin. I do not have Facebook, but I think you may be able to add more via this option.
    No apologies necessary, happy tapping! :)
  • Thank-You very much!!
  • Quick question: When picking a task for a character, some of them have a little white running person below the task name, but in front of the time of the task. What does this mean?
  • Quick question: When picking a task for a character, some of them have a little white running person below the task name, but in front of the time of the task. What does this mean?
    It is a visual task.

• Ahh! I hadda think about that for a second! lol! But it "clicked"! Thank you very much, sir!
  • Maxed out item limit again. So decided to store stuff. And I've done it before but it just hit me when it said "items" when I was storing or getting rid of roads.....
    tsto-pavement-dirt-ITEMLIMIT.jpg
    Roads, pavement and dirt count towards the item limit???? Is this true??? If it is....why are we using them? lol....Maybe I am mistaken maybe it's just what that new storage feature says no matter what you put into it? I don't know. I just never noticed it before when I was getting rid of roads etc....can anyone confirm?
    ~Always be Designing~
  • @1pillform Roads do not count toward the item limit unless you make a bridge with it.
    bhck823s8u44.png
  • I thought so. Thanks. Just wanted to double check.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Hello!
    My resource buildings in Springfield Heights are full. There is a message saying I can increase my storage capacity or build things.
    I really don't want 10 resorts, I've built 3. I have noticed other Springfields have Condo estates, but the resort is the only new thing I can build (other than decorations).
    I have Springfield Lake in the Real Estate rewards, but the cash goal counter seems to have stopped as a continuing task.
    How can I increase my storage of Coffee/furniture... etc, or how do I unlock more Springfield Heights buildings?
    Cheers,
    Jenifer
  • Hello!
    My resource buildings in Springfield Heights are full. There is a message saying I can increase my storage capacity or build things.
    I really don't want 10 resorts, I've built 3. I have noticed other Springfields have Condo estates, but the resort is the only new thing I can build (other than decorations).
    I have Springfield Lake in the Real Estate rewards, but the cash goal counter seems to have stopped as a continuing task.
    How can I increase my storage of Coffee/furniture... etc, or how do I unlock more Springfield Heights buildings?
    Cheers,
    Jenifer
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/81718/sh-tables/p1?new=1
  • daved7637397
    7228 posts Member
    edited February 22
    Hello!
    Cheers,
    Jenifer

You may want to consider building at least some of the additional SH buildings, as some of them have a decent multiplier attached to them. The 5 main buildings (modern mansion, classic mansion, business center, deluxe condo and parking garage) have a combined multiplier of 150%, which is outstanding considering it wont cost you a single donut.

I would suggest that you check out the tables @Muhsterino provided you a link to and make a decision from there what you want to do.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Forcryingoutloud
    15 posts Member
    edited February 23
    I have built the modern and classic mansions, business centre, deluxe condo and parking garage. All I can build now are the resorts.
    Do I have to wait for another quest for other buildings to unlock?
    The table shows that I can build 10 condos, but they are not in my construction list.
    Do I have to build 10 resorts before other buildings unlock?
    How do I increase my resource buildings' storage?
    Cheers,
    Jenifer

Edit:
    So I logged on this morning and found 5 new business centres!
    Is that normal or did I huff too much paint yesterday?

Post edited by Forcryingoutloud on
  • That is not normal but shhhhh.
    Here is the tip thread for SH. Please read through it it has a lot of great info.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/81718/sh-tables/p1
  • Read it all, thanks.
    I don't have the minigames, but I'll look at my Googolplex theatre.
    Cheers