EA Forums - Banner

This season Smithers

It is true. I read about it also.

They are beginning to get desperate for ratings. This might be the final season.

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    2200 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bluejays20091
    403 posts
    edited September 2015
    Yeah I heard this too but I don't think it'll be the last season Lynn still think there's more to come.

(This thread should be in off topic though)
    it should be off topic opps my mistake :lol:
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    In before the move to OT
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    If there is an episode tie-in we might see the return of the Pride trees and the Steel Mill. A new skin for Smithers would be welcome. I have nothing specific in mind but I'd like him to have some new animated tasks.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6358 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    If there is an episode tie-in we might see the return of the Pride trees and the Steel Mill. A new skin for Smithers would be welcome. I have nothing specific in mind but I'd like him to have some new animated tasks.

A good time to also release John with the Cockamanie's store & Shaboom Kaboom Cafe. As well as John's Cadillac as a decoration.
  • shanemadrid
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2015

A good time to also release John with the Cockamanie's store & Shaboom Kaboom Cafe. As well as John's Cadillac as a decoration.

This. ZAP!!!! :D
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    It's going to be a two part episode actually involving him coming out to Mr. Burns. Al Jean said that this entire season is more Smithers focused than usual. I don't think they're desperate for ratings. Regardless of what we think of the shows quality at this point they've been renewed for a couple of more seasons and Fox isn't going to let go just yet.

and YES John Waters is a must have for my Springfield.
  • ItalianoRacer
    145 posts
    edited September 2015
    I hope he comes out as gay because Roscoe is literally the ONLY character I am missing. It is killing me.
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Wonder if we could get a new quest line for Smithers and Julio introduced into the game?
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I also read a certain couple will separate
  • skirata1138
    81 posts
    edited September 2015
    I hope for at least a new task for smithers and/or burns.
  • kahim41659
    250 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I hope for at least a new task for smithers and/or burns.

cant wait to hear "... a whole rainbow of gay feelings!!" during the new task/quest lol
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I also read a certain couple will separate

I read that but apparently the Internet raged and it was all a dream.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    This has nothing to do with ratings. The Simpsons has always tackled current social topics and this is no different. The shows ratings have been steady for many many years.
  • ItalianoRacer
    145 posts
    edited September 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    This has nothing to do with ratings. The Simpsons has always tackled current social topics and this is no different. The shows ratings have been steady for many many years.

Actually they have fallen to all-time lows.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    cdepast wrote:

Yes, but...it is still one of FOX's top rated shows. Just because the ratings are historically lower, it still pulls in enough viewers to make it one of networks top properties - which is why it has already been renewed for this year and next (season 28).

This is from May, 2015 (last season):
    "This season, THE SIMPSONS is averaging a 2.7/8 among Adults 18-49 – steady year-over-year in the core demo and Total Viewers (6.0 Mil). Over 30 days, THE SIMPSONS delivers an average audience of 7.7 million across platforms, +45% higher than its Live + Same Day total audience (7.7 vs. 5.3 Mil). In fact, even in its 26th season, the series ranks as one of the Top 10 shows overall on broadcast television among Men 18-34 and Male Teens and ranks among the Top 20 in Adults 18-34, Men 18-49 and Men 25-54."

And while this seasons premiere was down from last season, you can see below that it still gets more viewers than anything on FOX Sunday's.

ratings.jpg
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    cdepast wrote:

Yes, but...it is still one of FOX's top rated shows. Just because the ratings are historically lower, it still pulls in enough viewers to make it one of networks top properties - which is why it has already been renewed for this year and next (season 28).

This is from May, 2015 (last season):
    "This season, THE SIMPSONS is averaging a 2.7/8 among Adults 18-49 – steady year-over-year in the core demo and Total Viewers (6.0 Mil). Over 30 days, THE SIMPSONS delivers an average audience of 7.7 million across platforms, +45% higher than its Live + Same Day total audience (7.7 vs. 5.3 Mil). In fact, even in its 26th season, the series ranks as one of the Top 10 shows overall on broadcast television among Men 18-34 and Male Teens and ranks among the Top 20 in Adults 18-34, Men 18-49 and Men 25-54."

And while this seasons premiere was down from last season, you can see below that it still gets more viewers than anything on FOX Sunday's.

ratings.jpg

Indeed. Network television/tv in general is struggling for ratings so historical lows also happen to be this years highest ratings at the same time.

The Simpsons - Saving FOX once again.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    zzzzzzzzzzzZAP!
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    zzzzzzzzzzzZAP!

Henpot! Its about time you graced us with your wit.

hen-o.gif
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    henpot7514 wrote:
    zzzzzzzzzzzZAP!

Henpot! Its about time you graced us with your wit.

hen-o.gif

giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.