EA Forums - Banner

Panorama of my SF: Want Feedback / Ideas

Prev1
Your monorail circuit is amazing. Your town is really good, I would be proud if my town was half as good as yours. Good job. :D

Replies

• organizmx66
    512 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Wow! That was a whole lot of work! Everything looks great...and I agree that your monorail circuit is amazing :)
    D'oh!!
  • ohmeohmyso420
    31 posts
    edited September 2015
    Awesome job. That's a lot of track there.
    How close are you to the decoration limit?
  • shannontj
    92 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Love it! Poor captive whale :)

(also, jealous that you got to take advantage of the track glitch... it will be a year before my monorail is half as awesome as yours!)
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    shannontj wrote:
    Love it! Poor captive whale :)

(also, jealous that you got to take advantage of the track glitch... it will be a year before my monorail is half as awesome as yours!)

yeah the track glitch was nice and really helped me get complete monorail that circled my town

Oh, and I am at 7400 items. I have hit the hard cap 4-5 times over the last month and have had to add a lot of water/rivers as decoration and add spacing between trees to get under the cap. I am not really sure what I will do once Halloween hits

thanks for all the compliments all
  • 85StiG
    60 posts
    edited September 2015
    looks very good m8. I would like to do a panoramic too, but I just don't know how to do it...

Like you seatank with the whale in it. I like your Squidport as a whole very much
  • rexbanner888
    102 posts
    edited September 2015
    really need to know how many trackpieces u used for this circuit to know how far i have to collect :)
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Looks great! Too many highlights to discuss them all, but I love the adventurous structure of Squidport, the five corners as an isolated island, etc. I'm curious about what you've done with those spooky walls in the mall area--just can't quite zoom in enough.

That was fun! Thanks for sharing!
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    Looks great! Too many highlights to discuss them all, but I love the adventurous structure of Squidport, the five corners as an isolated island, etc. I'm curious about what you've done with those spooky walls in the mall area--just can't quite zoom in enough.

That was fun! Thanks for sharing!

sorry of the zooming issue,

The spooky walks are "parquet" with cobblestone walls to make a "roof" to the rest of the mall. The idea of it is to create a 3D budding behind the stores making it look like a bigger mall.

5ia4lCGl.png
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks, Brett. I assumed you were up to something like that, and zoomed in a bit, I find it persuasive and very cool. Also, that hint of river is a nice touch--perhaps continue it under the road in front of the mall so the bridge rails are consistent?--and I can imagine it continuing behind the structure.

Thanks again.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Im Jealous! I've been trying to make a perfect town that I like. What ever I do... I always store the things to redo the town.
  • 4junk3000
    5315 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    Really nice work here!

That is a big rail. I didn't know there was a track glitch that awarded extra track. Gee if only there was a place to find about about cool tricks like that...

I tried looking for something to suggest like constructive criticism, but as a pretty detailed designer myself, i think this is a well built SF with fantastic and creative features! So well done!

I guess the only thing i could pick on is there's a couple buildings isolated by road. I don't like buildings with road on four sides.

How about this: Do you feel the town represents a realistic growth pattern? Like once it was just a main street, then a town square-centric neighborhood, then a distinction formed between in-town and its surrounding suburbs? That was one of the key foundations i tried to maintain as i expanded. I tried to establish main streets, then side streets, rather than just another rectangle of road around each new building. I brought in a two-lane section last, like the end of a highway coming into town often does.

Obviously this is minutia, and relative to how much you care about realism or historical representation of civil design. Like I'm obsessive about putting the oldest looking buildings on corners, which is where the earliest buildings are often still in place after time passed. Especially those with corner entry ways, like the bank and pharmacy.

But hey I'll say again, excellent town to be proud of. I wish i had the funds to achieve so many of these very well designed features! Kudos!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Really nice work here!

That is a big rail. I didn't know there was a track glitch that awarded extra track. Gee if only there was a place to find about about cool tricks like that...

I tried looking for something to suggest like constructive criticism, but as a pretty detailed designer myself, i think this is a well built SF with fantastic and creative features! So well done!

I guess the only thing i could pick on is there's a couple buildings isolated by road. I don't like buildings with road on four sides.

How about this: Do you feel the town represents a realistic growth pattern? Like once it was just a main street, then a town square-centric neighborhood, then a distinction formed between in-town and its surrounding suburbs? That was one of the key foundations i tried to maintain as i expanded. I tried to establish main streets, then side streets, rather than just another rectangle of road around each new building. I brought in a two-lane section last, like the end of a highway coming into town often does.

Obviously this is minutia, and relative to how much you care about realism or historical representation of civil design. Like I'm obsessive about putting the oldest looking buildings on corners, which is where the earliest buildings are often still in place after time passed. Especially those with corner entry ways, like the bank and pharmacy.

But hey I'll say again, excellent town to be proud of. I wish i had the funds to achieve so many of these very well designed features! Kudos!

that is good advice, and I do like realistic, but after 4 years I do not have it in me for a complete redesign so I settle for having sections of town with groupings of like buildings the compliment each other in one way or another
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited October 2015
    I love your town, it is amazing!!

So many nice designs and features!!

I was wondering about the island up in the top near Springfield Heights. Not the Xmas island, with Santa, but the other green island with grass and a tree. Did I miss when this was released? Or is that some kind of a design trick I was not aware of?
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    bradyc79 wrote:
    I love your town, it is amazing!!

So many nice designs and features!!

I was wondering about the island up in the top near Springfield Heights. Not the Xmas island, with Santa, but the other green island with grass and a tree. Did I miss when this was released? Or is that some kind of a design trick I was not aware of?

that is "mulberry?" island. It is a current Friendship Prize
  • carmen_tgf287
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Absolutely love your town!! you have sooo many things I'd love to have. I started playing last Christmas, first as freemium daily player, but became premium when the new mystery boxes arrived (I got so addicted to donuts that I've already bought 4 o 5 boats... :oops: ), and now I'm a collectionist.

By the way, I'm new to the forum and this is my first message :). I also have some panoramics of my town so I'll try to upload one or two (hope I can sort it out...)

• 4junk3000
    5315 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Completely understandable. I'll never nuke. In fact the day i lose my town I'll stop playing. The frustration from this game some days...

Right now I'm dealing with a bug that instead of getting the "Bart Screen" it's running the introductory video and tutorial. I have to reinstall daily to play. EA support is apparently manned by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" so trying to get help his like pulling one's own teeth.

• lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Very nice!!

Love that Squidport
  • 4junk3000
    5315 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    My favorite part is the sunken courtyard in front of the tall corporate offices, but the new version with the fountains! What a great improvement! Nice work, Brett, that was a good choice. It is irritating though that our panorama pictures don't automatically update with changes like that, isn't it!
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    My favorite part is the sunken courtyard in front of the tall corporate offices, but the new version with the fountains! What a great improvement! Nice work, Brett, that was a good choice. It is irritating though that our panorama pictures don't automatically update with changes like that, isn't it!

I tend to change out my Rockefeller center based on the season and/or event which is why I had ufo. But I like the fountains
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • johnnyfamous
    20 posts
    edited October 2015
    WOW! Your town looks amazing, so many awesome designs. My SH is looking very dull and i haven't really put any time into it. But after seeing how great yours look, i will definitely be spending some time on mine.

Really good stuff :-D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!