EA Forums - Banner

Is there anyway that these false threads be avoided from posting on here

ACE19711
1110 posts Member
Unfortunately, you can't ban the idiots before they've proven themselves to be just that...

Replies

• LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited October 2015
    Sadly, the only way to avoid people acting like goofy children would be to make all posts be approved by a moderator before it displays publicly. That's a little extreme for two (one?) goofballs acting out. That's a bit excessive. Just sit back and have fun calling the people out with the rest of us!
  • nick012345678900
    2272 posts
    edited October 2015
    There is no way to stop it. You can't even do what was suggested by getting the mods to approve the posts cos that would take too much time. These only a hand full of mods and x amount of members will new ones popping up all the time so it's impossible to do plus these mods do have day jobs and lives too.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11452 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    just wait for me or spAnser to post the thread then you'll know it's real. also it'll usually be afternoon GMT/BST to get the update ready... there and then evening GMT/BST for the update to be live on appstores

just remember we know it's coming hours be4 it goes on appstores so if you don't see our post just ignore them
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    People who troll usually do it to get a reaction - best way to deal with them is to just ignore them. Also some people are just excited and it may be a genuine mistake - it's important to keep that in mind.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited October 2015
    All kinds of people...some genuinely excited and jumping the gun, some genuinely stupid :roll:

Just wait u til you see a thread from someone you can trust..like a forum regular or moderator
  • 4junk3000
    5272 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I totally appreciate John C. being quick with the lock.

And i definitely appreciate LPNItalia's informative posts. You guys are pillars of the forum!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I totally appreciate John C. being quick with the lock.

And i definitely appreciate LPNItalia's informative posts. You guys are pillars of the forum!

wp5fa55e46_06.png
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2015
    Could the moderators delete the threads instead of simply locking them? They add no value to the forum.
  • johncolombo
    11237 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Could the moderators delete the threads instead of simply locking them? They add no value to the forum.

Yes we could delete them but we prefer to be more transparent in our actions. And we do delete threads/posts you just don't see them.
    :wink:
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Relax, there's an update in the ap store - forumhumour 2.0.1.4 - I think you will find it helpful.
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited October 2015
    Wait! Halloween's coming up? Can't wait to troll this event!
  • GeorgePatton5
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Boo hoo op
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Boo hoo op
    so says the scientology geek looking to get laid.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2015
    Yes we could delete them but we prefer to be more transparent in our actions. And we do delete threads/posts you just don't see them.
    No, I know you guys could delete them.

What I'm saying is that locking the misleading threads isn't enough. Many forum users like myself do not recognize/notice the padlock symbol and end up clicking on the thread and being annoyed even after its locked.

My suggestion is to delete the thread completely. The alternative would be to lock the thread and edit the title with [MISLEADING] tags.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited October 2015

What I'm saying is that locking the misleading threads isn't enough. Many forum users like myself do not recognize/notice the padlock symbol and end up clicking on the thread and being annoyed even after its locked.

My suggestion is to delete the thread completely. The alternative would be to lock the thread and edit the title with [MISLEADING] tags.

Happy tapping! Just focus on that
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited October 2015

That's a good idea, but without going into, we can't edit titles like we can edit vulgarities in post.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    When I'm visiting the forum, I first look to see who's posted. Then I look at the title. If it's a moderator, or SpAnser, or Nintendo, then I know it will either be important news or genuine fun. And I want to add my voice to the appreciation we have for the above individuals. Thank you guys!
  • mathumster385
    2436 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    One of the things I love about this forum is that we are allowed to post without having the comments screened first. I was so excited when I discovered that fact and even a little intimidated because I didn't want to abuse the privilege of speaking my mind directly to the TSTO community. We have a great set of moderators who do a wonderful job; thank you mods! I've learned to ignore misleading threads or use them as a lesson of what not to do. I focus on the names I trust while appreciating the speed with which information can appear when it doesn't have to be preapproved.
  • GeorgePatton5
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Go back to me Reddit and stop trying to force your Reddit memes here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!