EA Forums - Banner

Living on borrowed time...

peruhomer wrote:
Yesterday I decided that I had had enough after crash number 10,000. Having only recently paid out around $75 for donuts, I also decided that I wanted my money back and got in touch with Apple who have given me a full refund. Thus far nothing in my town has changed but when it does I am wondering exactly what EA will do? I do have the Aztec theatre, SVT and Hans Moleman who I did earn through the collection of free donuts. I am guessing I will probably lose these also. The worst case scenario is a Level 1 reset and if this happens that is me done. Does anyone know?

Did they refund everything you've spent or only your most recent purchase?

Some people get their towns wiped out but I've seen others on here saying they got their money back and kept their towns. I hope your problem gets resolved because I would hate to see you go.

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts
    edited January 2013
    They probably won't do anything. That is between them and Apple.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Didn't expect that from you, Peru. Hmmmm...
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    Yesterday I decided that I had had enough after crash number 10,000. Having only recently paid out around $75 for donuts, I also decided that I wanted my money back and got in touch with Apple who have given me a full refund. Thus far nothing in my town has changed but when it does I am wondering exactly what EA will do? I do have the Aztec theatre, SVT and Hans Moleman who I did earn through the collection of free donuts. I am guessing I will probably lose these also. The worst case scenario is a Level 1 reset and if this happens that is me done. Does anyone know?

Did they refund everything you've spent or only your most recent purchase?

Some people get their towns wiped out but I've seen others on here saying they got their money back and kept their towns. I hope your problem gets resolved because I would hate to see you go.

I bought both batches of doughnuts during Gil's offer and so received a full refund for both. I would rather be playing the game but I'm not paying out for a game that doesn't actually work.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I've been thinking about doing this also. Bought doughnuts from Gil and ever since my game crashes like crazy and now it always asks for my Apple ID every minute or two while playing after initionally locking me out after the doughnut purchase. Not the game quality I would expect after spending a pretty big chunk on the game. Let us know how it turns out
  • GldnMan
    252 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am hopeful that everything remains - we would hate to lose you. On the topic of crashing, I have a question for you...

Not to brag, but I tend not to crash on this game (exception: Christmas update). I tend to believe that a majority of the issues seem to come from the number of friends a person has. I tend to keep my friends to a minimum. Thus far, I have not experienced the same issues as other issues. Have you tried removing friends to see if it stabilizes?

While we are friends, I would rather you keep on tapping, then completely leaving.

Good luck --- I'll keep visiting your SF to see what happens!
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    I' waiting for next update.. If game still crashes, ill gonna ask for refunds too... Spent to much money, to do not play...
  • Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    It's the Christmas decorations and along with the friends.And it seems to affect almost all the players. I don't have any friends and never had any issues with crashes until a couple of weeks ago right after Gil showed up. Going to continue to try and play through this issue and hope that the update will rectify this.
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    You can't go before you add Machu Picchu to the map :thumbup:
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    My game is more or less broken. To huge and ornate. Just a giant crash fest. Can't even touch homer or Lisa for the last few days without a crash. They are now wondering about doing nothing.

It's a real head scratcher. This game is often number one in the ap store on the top grossing games list.

In other words. This freemium game makes more money than any other game in the apple ap store. And it's a broken mess. I can't imagine how many people have gotten refunds. Wouldn't be surprised to see the game pulled outright if EA doesn't improve things in the near future.

Myself, I'm waiting until the next update. If things don't improve I suppose I'll seek a refund of my 50 ish $ I have spent.

Such a shame as I love this game.... When it works

• kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:
    My game is more or less broken. To huge and ornate. Just a giant crash fest. Can't even touch homer or Lisa for the last few days without a crash. They are now wondering about doing nothing.

It's a real head scratcher. This game is often number one in the ap store on the top grossing games list.

In other words. This freemium game makes more money than any other game in the apple ap store. And it's a broken mess. I can't imagine how many people have gotten refunds. Wouldn't be surprised to see the game pulled outright if EA doesn't improve things in the near future.

Myself, I'm waiting until the next update. If things don't improve I suppose I'll seek a refund of my 50 ish $ I have spent.

Such a shame as I love this game.... When it works

Yeah, we were friends and I had to delete you because you crashed my game every time I visited you. If it straightens out post and I will add you again if you want.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    @kgirl

No worries. I have had several friends tell me the same thing this last week or so.

If after an update things improve ill re add ya.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    It'd be a shame to lose you Peru. Your Springfield is one of my favourites to visit.

Here's hoping that things break your way.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:
    @kgirl

No worries. I have had several friends tell me the same thing this last week or so.

If after an update things improve ill re add ya.

Cool. Good luck!
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    You shouldn't lose anything. I remember someone who requested a refund when the premium % bonus wasn't working - and they kept every item they'd bought and got their money.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the nice messages guys! The axe has yet to drop so I live in hope. In regards to reducing friends or decorations, I would be prepared to do that but not as a premium player. Equally, I am happy to be a premium player if I have game stability.

It's all a bit like waiting to see if a family member pulls through surgery (well, obviously not that close a family member)
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I received a refund back in October when things were glitchy. I did not lose any items previously purchased with donuts (won or paid for). And at times I still question my logic of playing. One refund, shame on them. Two refunds, shame on me. Honestly, I wouldnt recognize the game if it did not crash daily.

I hope you continue. Slow tapping is one thing. No tapping, is quite another.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    I received a refund back in October when things were glitchy. I did not lose any items previously purchased with donuts (won or paid for). And at times I still question my logic of playing. One refund, shame on them. Two refunds, shame on me. Honestly, I wouldnt recognize the game if it did not crash daily.

I hope you continue. Slow tapping is one thing. No tapping, is quite another.

Oh don't get me wrong unless I enter the worst case scenario I'm going to continue playing. I may even purchase more donuts if EA resolves its problems. In fact, I have just finished training my new assisstant...

image_zps9281ebc1.jpg
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I need me one of them! Lol
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    Better for you, peruhomer! Don't you dare leaving us, grrrrr. Don't you know we're like the mafia? You'll never get out. The gift for trying are some custom-made, beautiful cemented shoes, thehehehehe!!! :twisted:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!