EA Forums - Banner

A question about the Forum

Zozobras wrote:
Why is it, that we can't give a :thumbup: or a :thumbdown: to a post. Sometimes I really like a comment or it makes me laugh and to write an answer is not necessary.
May be not thumbs down, to avoid negativity, but a friendly thank you would be nice.

I once frequented a forum and they actually had a "like" and a "thank you" tab to click, and it would also show the names of those who liked or thanked. Very cool feature for any forum.

Oh, and :thumbup:

:roll: :lol:

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
tstoforum

Replies

• Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    seems like a simpele feature But with THE amount of users here, iT would probably put lost of extra stress on THE forum servers. But iT is a good feature
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I like this idea.
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    I like this idea.

vdg1o5.jpg

• rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I like it too :thumbup:
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited October 2015
    Great idea! :-)
  • skirata1138
    81 posts
    edited October 2015
    Zozobras wrote:
    Why is it, that we can't give a :thumbup: or a :thumbdown: to a post. Sometimes I really like a comment or it makes me laugh and to write an answer is not necessary.
    May be not thumbs down, to avoid negativity, but a friendly thank you would be nice.

I once frequented a forum and they actually had a "like" and a "thank you" tab to click, and it would also show the names of those who liked or thanked. Very cool feature for any forum.

I thought you were talking about a magical place, until I realized you were talking about RS lol. I forgot about the thank you feature though, it may be unique to RS.
  • nick012345678900
    2272 posts
    edited October 2015
    Where's David mills when you need him.

As he would say in a few threads "where's that damn like button" :lol:
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    :thumbup:
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Zozobras wrote:

I thought you were talking about a magical place, until I realized you were talking about RS lol. I forgot about the thank you feature though, it may be unique to RS.

Rebelscum certainly upgraded for the better with those features.

EDIT: RS (Rebelscum) is a Star Wars collecting si..... I mean manly place where men gather to speak of manly issues.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Zozobras wrote:

Rebelscum certainly upgraded for the better with those features.

EDIT: RS (Rebelscum) is a Star Wars collecting si..... I mean manly place where men gather to speak of manly issues.

Zzzrrrrr?
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Good idea! :thumbup:

A bit like Facebook where you can like comments and posts? :-)
  • ccnqsj985
    195 posts
    edited October 2015
    If you like the idea of a thumbs up give me a Hell yeah!!!
  • iain51269522
    756 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Good idea! :thumbup:

A bit like Facebook where you can like comments and posts? :-)

:thumbdown: could not be more :thumbdown:
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I for one dont like this idea.
    It can easily be abused and lends itself to nothing but a popularity contest.
    If something is important, it will be posted with a sticky note :-)
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Mobile nations is a huge forum with divisions for every major OS. It's attendance is huge. They have a like and a thank you for each post. It adds positivity to the social vibe, and allows you to sort by popularity, which is helpful when searching for the most useful comments. Some sites let you sort by popularity as well, so you read relevant comments instead of just the most recent. This helps let nonsense settle to the bottom rather than cause conflict.

But it's based on the foundation platform the host uses for chat. Whoever hosts this, EA or a origin company, they chose a turd platform probably in house designed which is why we have to wait for avatars to appear.

There's nothing to abuse. If you like a comment you can just +1 it rather than typing a whole post and extending the thread which buries the useful comment. If someone posts a helpful tip, it should be thanked a lot and deserves the popularity it gets.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I think a thumbs up system to encourage productive and informative posts could be a good thing! This would also help to recognize those members who contribute a great deal to this board.
  • boldbhoy
    268 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I like it. Sometimes a quick thumbs up is all you need to say about a post without adding a post yourself.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    seems like a simpele feature But with THE amount of users here, iT would probably put lost of extra stress on THE forum servers. But iT is a good feature
    There are bigger forums that use this system. I doubt their servers would have issues with that. They are EA after all and probably have a stronger server end backbone. At least we'd hope so.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!