EA Forums - Banner

Powell motors or volcano lair?

Prev1
First, wait for Halloween. This event will probably have a bunch of really awesome limited time items you may enjoy.

For me it always comes down to the best character: who do you like best. For me it is an easy choice: Scorpio! He has a fun flamethrower task that I love to see. It'll depend on who you like better for your choice.

Replies

• JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I do not work for EA, but I suggest buy both. Again, buy both. And buy the benches with the towel.

Happy tapping.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Both comes with a building/character, volcano lair has a Christmas skin which will most likely come available again this year. I'd wait to see what comes out for Halloween update.
  • RichardJH11
    211 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I would wait for Black Friday...they may have another rebate type sale and you can get those things cheaper.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Volcano lair!

• nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I prefer Scorpio, love his 6 and 8 hours tasks and the animation on the volcano. However, I would also wait for Halloween. Your decision may be swayed to a character that helps earn event currency or new content.
  • vkvale135
    61 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    :) I attempted to maintain a no real money policy for this game for over a year, but finally caved about 2 months ago. So I made an arrangement with myself that I can buy limited time items and items that are on sale with donuts I bought, but not permanent regular priced items. Keeping track is kind of a pain, but it prevents going on a wild spending spree. I am so exited about Halloween, with the option of actually being able to buy some of the limited time things! So far with free donuts only I have bought the bowlarama, Brandine, and the motel and I am just trying to decide what my next target will be. I was thinking the volcano lair, as Scorpio has had some event tie in story lines I think, as well as some cool jobs it sounds like, but the lair itself is almost as bad as death mountain!
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    vkvale135 wrote:
    :) ... but the lair itself is almost as bad as death mountain!

I'd wait to see what Halloween has to offer.

The choice between Volcano Lair and Powell Motors is an easy one. Every town needs an evil lair! The Flame Thrower is a great outside visual task for Scorpio. The lair also has a great Christmas skin. You can't go wrong with an evil lair!
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Wait for Halloween.
  • johnnyfamous
    20 posts
    edited October 2015
    I agree, wait for Halloween. Last year it turned me from freemium to premium ( i went hard on that event with the donuts!! )

However, i must say the Volcano Lair is by far my favourite building in my town and hank is one of my all time favourite characters and from my favourite episode. Plus he has some great visuals! :thumbup:
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I would go for the volcano lair!
    It just has a coolness factor that powell motors lacks.
    It can be a mountain or it can have a laser pointing out of it depending on the quest you put hank on.
    I also like Hank running around springfield with his flame thrower quest.

I would wait though and see what Halloween brings.
    After halloween/thanksgiving, im sure there will be a black friday sale where you might be able to pick the second item if you so desire.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    A vote for Powell Motors. Fits better aesthetically into my Springfield and I like the look of the building too.
  • Grumpstown
    1362 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    powel motors is way nicer to design, so id go with that :)
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    If you aren't waiting for Halloween then I'd go with the Volcano Lair. Both choices are great, but I really like the Lair and Hank Scorpio - it was one of my first donut purchases when I started and I still love the look of the lair, and Hank's visual tasks, as much as I did when I first purchased.

EDIT: autocorrect. Got me good this time :lol:
  • Mrhockeyman7
    5 posts
    edited October 2015
    powell motors because the mountain is big and unsightly
  • ghallmark814
    2343 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Childhood living is easy to do.
    The things you wanted I bought them for you.
    Graceless lady you know who I am.
    You know I can't let you slide through my hands.

White Fences couldn't drag me away
    White, white fences couldn't drag me away

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain.
    Now you've decided to show me the same.
    No sweeping exit or offstage lines.
    Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind.

White fences couldn't drag me away.
    White, white fences couldn't drag me away

I know I've dreamed you a sin and a lie.
    I have my freedom but I don't have much time.
    Faith has been broken tears must be cried.
    Let's do some living after we die.

White fences couldn't drag me away
    White, white fences we'll ride them some day
    White fences couldn't drag me away
    White, white fences we'll ride them some day..
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Definitely wait until Halloween. But after that, I think the Volcano wins for sure. Hank has some excellent outdoor tasks and the volcano is such a unique design.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Another vote for wait until Halloween. These items will be in the store, but Halloween will have limited items you might want want.
  • 4junk3000
    5304 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't understand some of these people.

OP asks a straightforward question: A or B. Half the responses say C.

You're a big help.

OP, i recommend the lair because it has great animations and the character has great outdoor tasks. The flamethrower is a riot.

But the lair doesn't fit into a typical town very well. And SF doesn't have any other car dealerships. If you combine the P. motors with a couple level one SH parking garages, you can make a nice big dealership.

But if you like the idea of an evil lair, maybe hidden in a wooded corner with a moat around it, that could be fun and creative too. Do you have a preference of what type of scene you'd like to create for your SF?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I don't understand some of these people.

OP asks a straightforward question: A or B. Half the responses say C.

You're a big help.

This is a silly comment. It's a helpful tip for someone who may not be aware of all upcoming content. It's not like the suggestions are saying between Scorpio and Herb, I think you should pick Barney. It's a helpful tip that holding off until Halloween might be beneficial as there could be something even cooler around the corner, after all the OP's original ideas are not disappearing. It'd be foolish not to tell someone looking at spending real money for the game.

Besides most people are putting in their two cents after mentioning Halloween.
  • Simuks0803
    87 posts
    edited October 2015
    Powell Motors!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!