EA Forums - Banner

Should I remove my roads for the event?

meezosoop wrote:
If I remove my roads, except for a strip in front of the campfire, will that make it easier for me and my neighbours to find the zombies, snakes, etc, or will it just become overcrowded with Springfielders getting in the way of seeing the tappables? (Or will it do something else I haven't thought of?)

(Edited for typos an punctuation)

In my B-town I only have a few roads, and the zombies are all over the place; not just on the roads. Yet in most neighbors they usually stick to the roads.

Replies

• Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited October 2015
    it's not much easier for yourself.

Zombies etc will walk to the screen section you're currntly at.

For neighbours it might be a bit easier though.
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited October 2015

my 2 cents.... don't go too extreme with removing roads.... I have a few neighbors with just a tiny strip of road, and it's jam-packed with characters (along with zombies/snakes/etc).... makes it hard to tap the halloween stuff when the other characters keep getting in the way.

• Envoy360
    6 posts
    edited October 2015
    Its what ive done. Seems to make life a bit easier.
  • meezosoop
    141 posts
    edited October 2015
    Hmmmm - I probably will then
    Zombies are ok, but I'm finding it really difficult to spot the snakes in my neighbours' towns

Thanks for the replies :)
  • 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I just removed about 50% of my roads including all of SH. Not yet sure if it will help. I want to see if they stay on the east side now. I'll report back later.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    At times it seems pretty random. right now I have a circle of roads around my "forest" and campfire. Sometimes when I enter my town I have a bunch on monsters on the road ready to squash. Other times, they are all over the place.

It seems like there are 2 "types" of monsters that act differently. The spawned monsters, every 15 minutes or so seem to start randomly all over town then move towards the campfire unless they get trapped on a road first. The monsters that are created by finishing stories/S'mores start near the fire and move "out".
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth do people think it makes things "easier" when there's no roads and zombies are literally scattered everywhere and impossible to find?!?!?!?!? No Roads towns are horrible to visit and I basically stop because they're going to suck during almost every event.
  • meezosoop
    141 posts
    edited October 2015
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth do people think it makes things "easier" when there's no roads and zombies are literally scattered everywhere and impossible to find?!?!?!?!? No Roads towns are horrible to visit and I basically stop because they're going to suck during almost every event.

Ooh! I've nearly finished removing them now
    I find it hard to locate stuff in towns with no roads, or just a small strip miles from the Landing Zone, but isn't a town with a strip right by the LZ easier for visitors?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Because the Nightmares congregate on roads and the campfire is the first thing the game zooms in on when you visit.

Hence by restricting roads to an area near the campfire makes it easier for neighbors to find spot the Nightmares.

For high level players who have an extensive road network, it takes extra time to spot them compared to buildings. Moreover buildings have icons overhead to indicate it can be tapped, Nightmares don't.
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Because the Nightmares congregate on roads and the campfire is the first thing the game zooms in on when you visit.

Hence by restricting roads to an area near the campfire makes it easier for neighbors to find spot the Nightmares.

For high level players who have an extensive road network, it takes extra time to spot them compared to buildings. Moreover buildings have icons overhead to indicate it can be tapped, Nightmares don't.

Agreed - I put patches of roads near my campfire, so this should make for easier tapping for neighbours (and I think me). What Woyaodabian is talking about is if there are NO roads at all, or the roads are far from the LZ. In this case I agree, it's made worse.

I'd personally love it if all my neighbours did the same thing.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Also consider that dropping Formless Terrors in large towns with roads everywhere takes FOREVER, because the game scrolls from one end of town to the other to drop them on roads. And too much scrolling seems to cause crashing, at least for me.

I wish EA would change this to just drop items in the LZ... or at least drop multiples of the same item in the same spot at the far edge of the screen.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I wouldn't remove roads just because it makes the town look bad, and then it makes me sad when I visit it.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2015

I want to correct myself here.

I think the Nightmares congregate near the characters because being Nightmares, their objectives are to scare them.

I tried making a loop of road around the campfire away from the town, so that Nightmares all spawn on the roads next to it; and another small strip of road at the centre of major activities, because i noticed characters tend to choose the nearest road to them. So once they complete their jobs, they will head there. Everything else is pavement (so that i rmb in future where my roads used to be).

Hence i thought i could make it easier for my neighbors to tap the nightmares when they visit by moving the characters from the campfire. But my nightmares starting moving away from the road i created for them around the campfire to move to the other road across town to seek out the other characters. This is despite my youngsters all remaining next to the campfire.

Anybody observed this too?
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    If you have very few roads but the "very few roads" are not in the same area, zombies (as well as regular characters) will travel from one road area, through the rest of town, in order to get to the other road.. Hence, a visitor would see zombies wandering all over town.

With all the land expansions, awesome though it may be to have all that land, our towns are -- IMHO -- impossibly large and unwieldy for visitors to look for these creatures. It doesn't take much time to pave over the roads with concrete, and it is simple to see where your roads should be when it is time to revert. (The exception, of course, is bridges ... Paving over those roads eradicates the bridges. So they're more complicated ... )

I recall hearing legends of how difficult it was to find snakes in neighbor towns during Whacking Day ....I hadnt started playing the game at that time. I can't help think that it must have been a lark compared to what we are seeing in this event. At the time of Whacking Day, the towns were relatively miniscule.

• Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Actually the answer is not having your buildings so close together the obscure the view of the roads. Visible roads means visible spawns ;)
  • Anakso
    32 posts
    edited October 2015
    Bueraner04 wrote:
    it's not much easier for yourself.

Zombies etc will walk to the screen section you're currntly at.

For neighbours it might be a bit easier though.
    It's actually a lot easier for your self, the terrors do all congregate on a road even in your town they'll move towards it, some will end up on pavement still when they spawn and it'll be faster to go and tap them there but it's made that much easier because the majority of your springfielders and NPCs will be on the road not the pavement. So as soon as you see movement you know to tap. Still that's only for the few stragglers, most of your terrors will end up on the road too.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    It strongly appears that the nightmares that appear tend to try to stick to roads most of the time, so roads are important in my opinion.

I visited one friend who had replaced all their roads with pavement, and after 2 full minutes of searching, I found nothing. :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.