EA Forums - Banner

Instead of crafting!

Isn't this how amateur bucks basically worked during tap ball? People were still calling that "crafting" even though it was straight forward buying stuff

Replies

• petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    This event is pretty much straightforward buying stuff. Most of the items seem to require one currency.
  • ghallmark814
    2342 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I would like to dig for treasure in my neighbor towns.

Then maybe if I find a chest, if It's a winner I get to launch a wheel.. Which I could spin.. And if it was a winner it would launch a snake.. Which I have a chance of tapping if I did so.. It would drop a colored egg!

I could then place that egg in a basket in a neighbors town that corresponded to the colour of said egg.

Then when that basket was full it would launch a grem. Allie..umm..

:?
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    But really....
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Bring back the wheel, I want to have over 200 spooky trees in my inventory
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I fail to see how that's any different from how the event currently works.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Yup, it's very similar. You get things from tapping the nightmares and you exchange those things for prizes. I suppose the main difference is that in the actual game, you get different types of things, but in this proposed game, you only get one type of thing.
  • Envoy360
    6 posts
    edited October 2015
    Its not really crafting. Its just buying with limited edition grindable currency.

In game crafting requires 2 things:

1: Item drops with RNG and Rarity. Meaning nothing has a 100% chance of being attained on a drop.

2. Crafting failure rate. Meaning even if you manage to get all you need there is a chance the crafting of said item will fail.

Those are the basis for a crafting system, not this easy as * wannabe system.
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Ok, yes you got me. I was hoping to trick some of the "I hate crafting" crowd into saying they thought it would be a better system. Then I would point out that it was exactly the same. Because it's not really crafting. It's purchasing with a different currency.
  • Banky71
    145 posts
    edited October 2015
    Maybe they should implement some kind of prize wheel. I'm sure that will be harmless.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Isn't this how amateur bucks basically worked during tap ball? People were still calling that "crafting" even though it was straight forward buying stuff

Yeah I was really confused by that when a lot of people moaned about there being crafting in tap ball...

I think some people use the term without understanding what it actually means.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!