EA Forums - Banner

Forum related issues?

Prev1
I haven't had any issues lately. I did notice that it would say I had a new pm even though I already read it, I haven't had a pm in a while so I don't know if that has changed.

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Has the forums been acting up for anyone else? I have noticed that this forum likes to crash safari very often when replying to posts. As well as the pm system being busted. I have pm's waiting for me, yet the notifier says I have none read. :?

Yes.

LOL not all that surprising given that it is the same servers. Also sometimes when I go to hit reply, I get a notice that the message no longer exists. I have to refresh the browser and the message is still there. I copy my comment before doing it so I don't have to retype.

The PM's are a mess. It said I had 26 messages for days although I had gone in and deleted them all. It also said I had 5 unread today but I read them all hours ago. There seems to be some sort of lag with them.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Okay so it's just like the game then. Guess I'll have to get used to it then.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013

Yep, also have experienced issues. I wonder if in like the game, the forum will begin to crash when we tap on threads by particular 'characters' :D
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    I use Firefox on my computer, Safari on the iPad/iPhone - no issues.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:

Yep, also have experienced issues. I wonder if in like the game, the forum will begin to crash when we tap on threads by particular 'characters' :D

Kind of foreboding, huh? Especially from you. :lol:
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I use Firefox on my computer, Safari on the iPad/iPhone - no issues.

Odd. I'm on safari on my iPad and am experiencing what Lissa and I have described. :?
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited January 2013
    I use safari on both my MB Air and my iPad, the forum was running a bit slow earlier on both. I just figured it was my provider having issues.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    Could be an issue with your connection to the servers because of your internet provider. I use mobile Safari and I have no issues. The same with Firefox.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    Could be an issue with your connection to the servers because of your internet provider. I use mobile Safari and I have no issues. The same with Firefox.

That's a valid point and a very astute one.

However, I have issues on my iPad which uses Safari and rarely have issues on my PC which uses Firefox. Same connection but different browsers. Since you are using Safari and don't have any issues, then I have no idea why some have problems and others don't lol.
  • crother
    47 posts
    edited January 2013
    Quick reply sometimes gets stuck for me when I'm using Crome! I'm always worried I'm going to end up double posting

It's just auto correct that screws me up on my iPhone :(
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:

That I would not be surprised by. I'm on rogers (I call them robbers) and they are horrible. Canada is in the Stone Age when it comes to Internet/Cable/Cell phone services.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:

That I would not be surprised by. I'm on rogers (I call them robbers) and they are horrible. Canada is in the Stone Age when it comes to Internet/Cable/Cell phone services.

No kidding. If a US company had that level of service, they would get firebombed.

The price you pay for being nice.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:

No kidding. If a US company had that level of service, they would get firebombed.

The price you pay for being nice.

Probably, but it doesn't help that there are two major companies that put a strangle hold on the customers. Also the small companies (what little we have) that have to buy the usage of their network. So, damned if you do, damned if you don't. :?
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Just had my first safari crash after replying to a post.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:

What? I love Rogers. I have everything Rogers and they give me a great yearly 15% discount on my services when I complain and I do that once a year. :shock:
    I rarely get the boot and when it does I get back in immediately. I thought it was the forum, only time it has happened. There was a lot of activity so could be that.

I use iPad4 and have Rogers wifi and no problem here.
    I think they are great and must prefer their customers to live outside of Toronto. :wink:
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    Oh Roadblock...just give Rogers (Robbers, love it,) half your pay like the rest of us Canadians and stop complaining.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh Roadblock...just give Rogers (Robbers, love it,) half your pay like the rest of us Canadians and stop complaining.

I do give them half my money... But I'll still complain!
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    Stupid Rogers. But don't get me started on Bell, so here we are.
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Stupid Rogers. But don't get me started on Bell, so here we are.

I switched from Bell and so did the rest of my family years ago, horrible service.
    Did I mention I love Rogers. :wink: Ted Rogers was brilliant.
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited January 2013
    I think I will be a little more Nettangell-y in 2013 and give more love to the world...but not to Rogers. That's where I draw the line.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!