EA Forums - Banner

what you done with The Impossible Tower

Prev1
nice... might kinda copy this. Very cool design!

Replies

• LisaSimpsonOH
    457 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Very cool. I haven't done anything other than place it awkwardly in my Haunted Springfield District. I have been considering putting it in the Evil Villain Lairs District, at the foot of the mountain, and your design would help give it some heft in that area.

Will it be involved at all in any of the THOH tasks?
  • ashpod22
    125 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    thanks for liking it and giving you ideas for yours
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    ashpod22 wrote:
    I like it, nice and tidy.
    I did something similar but with a twist.

As I am a fan of Escher (and also Dutch), I felt I had to do something special. And I proudly present my Impossible Tower with 2 impossible tribars (but with 1 less leg/peg; how would this be called?) connected to each other.
    TSTO_Halloween2015impossibleTower4Men.jpg

I used Ice Walls instead of Spooky Walls because I don't have enough of those and I have to wait for Act 2 for them to become available.

• marcjas458
    193 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm trying to force myself to be more purposeful during an event. Not sure what to add to give that pepper...

SECEftLl.jpg
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    marcjas458 wrote:
    I'm trying to force myself to be more purposeful during an event. Not sure what to add to give that pepper...

SECEftLl.jpg

you could use fences to create a ladder that goes up to the tower, maybe the black iron ones would work? or the boardwalk fencing...
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    457 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I stole your idea, ashpod. I did add a gargoyle for a little extra defense.

435lZUbl.jpeg
  • Grumpstown
    1362 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    7e83q6a.png
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Grumpstown wrote:
    7e83q6a.png

Wow the gate is a lot larger than i imagined!
  • marcjas458
    193 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    marcjas458 wrote:

SECEftLl.jpg

you could use fences to create a ladder that goes up to the tower, maybe the black iron ones would work? or the boardwalk fencing...

So right!
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    @ashpod22

I shoved mine in the corner because I had no idea what to do with it. I really like this design, I will be taking inspiration from this, great pic.

I thought I quoted your pic, but I guess not.
  • cimddwc1
    142 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Nice designs!

My current plan is to surround the tower with biohazard walls (available in act 3) to have another castle of sorts, continuing my row of the Clash of Clones castles and the prisons.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'll redo this once I've obtained as many brambles as possible, but i think you can see what I'm going for here...

I may have to supplement with concrete or brick walls, probably some iron railing too.
    DWTvPxL.jpg
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    Grumpstown wrote:
    7e83q6a.png
    That fits together very nicely. :thumbup:

cimddwc1 wrote:
    Nice designs!

My current plan is to surround the tower with biohazard walls (available in act 3) to have another castle of sorts, continuing my row of the Clash of Clones castles and the prisons.
    I would like to see that. yes.gif

• ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I'll redo this once I've obtained as many brambles as possible, but i think you can see what I'm going for here...

I may have to supplement with concrete or brick walls, probably some iron railing too.
    DWTvPxL.jpg
    Using Concrete Walls as a substitute is best as they have exactly the same dimensions/behaviour as the Brambles. I used them in an alternating pattern for the circumference of my Halloween area when I did not have enough Bramble Hedges.

Look forward to see the end result and how you will incorperate Iron Railings. :)
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    Even after updating my Tower with small hedges instead of Ice Walls (not posted here, but can be found in the 'Haunted Campfire' thread), I still wasn't happy with my Tower.

So I expanded the surrounding hedges, and as I also love the animation I applied a little copy/paste from different screen shots, giving multiple little fellas. :D
    TSTO_ImpossibleTowerImpossibleHedge.jpg

Truth be told that after this process I moved the Tower slightly forward wiggle it in between the top hedges, but I didn't want to do the whole copy/paste thing again.
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I have been so inspired by everyone's 3D work! So, I thought I'd try some for the very first time...

4hURG9cl.jpg

I think I will rework it when I have some more time, but I wanted to incorporate the Shinning maze.
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited October 2015
    jaztee123 wrote:
    I have been so inspired by everyone's 3D work! So, I thought I'd try some for the very first time...

http://i.imgur.com/4hURG9cl.jpg

I think I will rework it when I have some more time, but I wanted to incorporate the Shinning maze.
    :thumbup:
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Great work tappers!
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    finally! whew gifs are tricky. i did a little lightning effect!
    1ihTMSA.gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • roperlego859
    488 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    finally! whew gifs are tricky. i did a little lightning effect!
    1ihTMSA.gif
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!