EA Forums - Banner

Loving the Shopkeepers Challenege SPOILERS

Prev1
You lucky folks. Out here on the west coast of the US we still have a long time to wait.

Replies

• Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    You lucky folks. Out here on the west coast of the US we still have a long time to wait.
    ...But that's the strange thing - I would've thought the start time would be universal.

They tried to make a local start time for Stonecutters daily task... and ended up with a weird hybrid where the reset time was universal but the various task lengths for that day didn't reset at the same time, it depended on the location of the player.
    Since then they've made such tasks reset universally for everyone (usually midnight Pacific time/8am GMT). It's much easier to manage, and can't be manipulated.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    OH WAIT. I just checked and it's 8am at LOCAL TIME for this.
    but the quest text will appear at 9am BST anyway
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • deloli
    43 posts
    edited October 2015
    Make sure you have someone already telling a scary story. The story I already had going finished about 30 minutes after the challenge showed up and it took care of Part 1 of the challenges.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    note: the house of evil giveaway quest will actually still start at 9am BST.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6372 posts Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Let's hope we get the House of Evil Shopkeeper as a playable character after this. Considering his voice clips are in the files.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    he's not there as a character yet
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Maybe they'll give him away like Zutroy. One can only hope.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Are the daily challenges independent of the Shopkeepers' Challenge? I'm looking at the chart on the "dates" image you posted, LPN.

I ask because 9AM BST is around 1AM here in California.

So here's what would happen on Annette's android:

1AM (universal start time, 9AM BST) ... Quest text appears.

BUT ... my Shopkeeper Challenge doesn't start for another seven hours.

8:00 AM (local time for all players) ... my Shopkeeper Challenge starts.

When can I start working on my Daily Challenge? 8AM? And it resets at 1AM the next morning (9AM BST) ?

:shock:

BTW, don't they SLEEP in Italy? It's 3AM over there. And you're still online? Joe and I plan to retire there in 2017, but if all the Italians are like you and never go to sleep, we're going to have some problems. 8)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6372 posts Moderator
    edited October 2015
    he's not there as a character yet

Let's hope that changes. I've been wanting that dude as a playable character since 2012 when the first Halloween event launched & introduced his shop.

It would be nice considering we didn't get a single character this year besides the 6 skins & 1 NPC
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    the timers starts at your time, and ends at your time, at 8am.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    deloli wrote:
    Make sure you have someone already telling a scary story. The story I already had going finished about 30 minutes after the challenge showed up and it took care of Part 1 of the challenges.
    Looks like the challenges are only restricted to the week, so you have to complete them in order but have all week to do so (sort of like the Rail Yard post-Monorail event).

If you miss one, it's not the end of the world. Thankfully, as the first task would need 16hrs of tasks in a 24hr period otherwise!!
    ForumNerds wrote:
    BTW, don't they SLEEP in Italy? It's 3AM over there. And you're still online? Joe and I plan to retire there in 2017, but if all the Italians are like you and never go to sleep, we're going to have some problems. 8)
    It's probably due to the coffee style they have over there. :P
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    oh and btw thanks for the pics, i used them on wiki, topix and here!
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    the timers starts at your time, and ends at your time, at 8am.

Thank you. I wondered .... :)
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    What time is BSP? I haven't heard of that before.
  • jasonxenakisgt
    82 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I just got a cell phone message saying that these daily challenges are now available (US, EST), but nothing is appearing. Do you need to have any characters free to start it?
  • Orion622
    83 posts
    edited October 2015
    Havent gotten a challenge yet in my Springfield.
    The children will be free in about 2 hours from spawning zombies
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Do we have 24 hours to complete each part of the weekly quest or do we have the entire week to complete the series of them with a new one unlocking every 24 hours until all five are available?

I wonder if I'll be able to upgrade my campfire in a single day no matter how often i play

• Orion622
    83 posts
    edited October 2015

Our usual of 1am I'm assuming?
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Orion622 wrote:

Our usual of 1am I'm assuming?

Yep. :)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    AARONRTD wrote:
    What time is BSP? I haven't heard of that before.
    British Summer Time (basicly UK time)
    Do we have 24 hours to complete each part of the weekly quest or do we have the entire week to complete the series of them with a new one unlocking every 24 hours until all five are available?

I wonder if I'll be able to upgrade my campfire in a single day no matter how often i play
    i think you've 24h to complete them since when you start the 1st one. Then the next unlocks after the 1st 24h.
    Orion622 wrote:
    Havent gotten a challenge yet in my Springfield.
    The children will be free in about 2 hours from spawning zombies
    I just got a cell phone message saying that these daily challenges are now available (US, EST), but nothing is appearing. Do you need to have any characters free to start it?
    you need the House of Evil to start them, if you don't have it you'll get it at 9am BST. If you've it but they're not starting, you've to wait till 8am your time. no character needed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.