EA Forums - Banner

And now on a completely unrelated topic.....

Prev1
I have no caption apart from.......awwwwww.

cuteness_overload.jpg

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Beautiful puppy!

I don't have a caption either but I love that look they give you when they know they've been "busted". Our Havanese is really good at those looks.

"What? I'm not doing anything bad....."
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    That is adorable. Dogs have such wonderful personalities.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks! Lol. She is such a character. We kept the ottoman from our last furniture set for her to sleep on, but that's not as good as the couch. ;)

She looks like she's saying, "ohhhh is this the couch I'm not allowed on?" :lol:

I take so many crazy pics of her. She is constantly doing something photo-worty. I think I have more of her than I do my daughter. :shock:
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Beautiful puppy!

I don't have a caption either but I love that look they give you when they know they've been "busted". Our Havanese is really good at those looks.

My three-year-old daughter is also really good at that look.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Beautiful puppy!

My three-year-old daughter is also really good at that look.

As is my 12 year old! LMAO!
  • jchabotte
    63 posts
    edited January 2013
    I used to like Weimeraners.. Until My parents asked me to watch their two while they went to Germany for 3 weeks... huge separation anxiety with those dogs.. whimpered and cried EVERY NIGHT.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:
    Thanks! Lol. She is such a character. We kept the ottoman from our last furniture set for her to sleep on, but that's not as good as the couch. ;)

She looks like she's saying, "ohhhh is this the couch I'm not allowed on?" :lol:

I take so many crazy pics of her. She is constantly doing something photo-worty. I think I have more of her than I do my daughter. :shock:

LOL at the kids comments. My 10 year old son excels at that look. He wears glasses and has the big eyes that most kids have and he really knows how to use them.

About the couch thing....have you seen those umbrella chairs? They are around $25 anywhere. We got one for our dog and it took about a year but now that is his chair. He loves it. He can curl up on it and sit up high like the family, he doesn't get on the furniture because he's got his own chair. Maybe try that? The ottoman doesn't "embrace" them like furniture does but the umbrella chair does.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Dogs rule!
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    She's got the 'Uh oh, busted' look on her face.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    kgirl32 wrote:

LOL at the kids comments. My 10 year old son excels at that look. He wears glasses and has the big eyes that most kids have and he really knows how to use them.

About the couch thing....have you seen those umbrella chairs? They are around $25 anywhere. We got one for our dog and it took about a year but now that is his chair. He loves it. He can curl up on it and sit up high like the family, he doesn't get on the furniture because he's got his own chair. Maybe try that? The ottoman doesn't "embrace" them like furniture does but the umbrella chair does.

My daughter has one of those chairs in her room. It would be wrong of me to take it for The dog, no? :wink:
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh, and this is the way she sleeps on the ottoman. Lol

CENTERFOLD.jpg
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    ....About the couch thing....have you seen those umbrella chairs? They are around $25 anywhere. We got one for our dog and it took about a year but now that is his chair. He loves it. He can curl up on it and sit up high like the family, he doesn't get on the furniture because he's got his own chair. Maybe try that? The ottoman doesn't "embrace" them like furniture does but the umbrella chair does.

Actually I read somewhere that this really helps. I was helping a friend find a solution for the same problem. Her sheltie just hops on whenever she's not looking and it **** her off. Actually they're really searching for somewhere soft and inviting to lie on. If you give them something and 'tell' them that it's theirs, they'll automatically just lay off the couch.

My friend gave her dog a pillow and just that alone solved her problem. It was really quite amazing.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mellytan wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    ....About the couch thing....have you seen those umbrella chairs? They are around $25 anywhere. We got one for our dog and it took about a year but now that is his chair. He loves it. He can curl up on it and sit up high like the family, he doesn't get on the furniture because he's got his own chair. Maybe try that? The ottoman doesn't "embrace" them like furniture does but the umbrella chair does.

Actually I read somewhere that this really helps. I was helping a friend find a solution for the same problem. Her sheltie just hops on whenever she's not looking and it **** her off. Actually they're really searching for somewhere soft and inviting to lie on. If you give them something and 'tell' them that it's theirs, they'll automatically just lay off the couch.

My friend gave her dog a pillow and just that alone solved her problem. It was really quite amazing.

She had a bed downstairs, never used it. She did like my daughter's beanbag chair, but the zipper broke on it so I need to get another one. Really? She usually stays off unless I am sitting. She always needs to be touching me or right next to me.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:
    mellytan wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

She had a bed downstairs, never used it. She did like my daughter's beanbag chair, but the zipper broke on it so I need to get another one. Really? She usually stays off unless I am sitting. She always needs to be touching me or right next to me.

I've never actually seen a dog use their beds...haha. Ohhh..Perhaps it's just not soft enough. It also sounds like she wants to be close to you. Perhaps like what lisaa said, get something higher and next to your couch. This way, she can be close to you and still be sitting on something soft without being on the couch. (btw, I'm no dog whisperer. Just thought this might work. :D)
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mellytan wrote:
    kgirl32 wrote:
    mellytan wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I've never actually seen a dog use their beds...haha. Ohhh..Perhaps it's just not soft enough. It also sounds like she wants to be close to you. Perhaps like what lisaa said, get something higher and next to your couch. This way, she can be close to you and still be sitting on something soft without being on the couch. (btw, I'm no dog whisperer. Just thought this might work. :D)

I think that's it, which is why I thought footrest, which she does seem to like. :wink:

naptime.jpg

Sort of....
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    LMAO! She is so cute!!! Give her a hug for me! :mrgreen:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The umbrella chair is right next to the couch. You can sit on the couch and reach your hand over and pet him. This makes him really happy. He's got his own space, he's up high, the umbrella chair "embraces" him, and he's close to the family. Plus nobody is yelling at him for being on the furniture lol.

It works for us and funny photo! I've got so many of those types, he likes to lay like that but with his head hanging upside down off the chair.

Oh and another bonus? The cover comes right off to toss in the washer so you don't need to cover it with anything.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    mellytan wrote:
    LMAO! She is so cute!!! Give her a hug for me! :mrgreen:

And a treat.
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    The umbrella chair is right next to the couch. You can sit on the couch and reach your hand over and pet him. This makes him really happy. He's got his own space, he's up high, the umbrella chair "embraces" him, and he's close to the family. Plus nobody is yelling at him for being on the furniture lol.

It works for us and funny photo! I've got so many of those types, he likes to lay like that but with his head hanging upside down off the chair.

Oh and another bonus? The cover comes right off to toss in the washer so you don't need to cover it with anything.

Definitely going to see if she likes my daughter's and then check into it!

And hugs and treats are no problem for her! :wink:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Definitely going to see if she likes my daughter's and then check into it!

And hugs and treats are no problem for her! :wink:

You have to be persistent and consistent to break the bad habit. Tell your family that every time the dog gets on the couch, say "No" then move the dog to the chair and say "Good dog." Also, point to the chair and say "Chair" then give the dog a treat. Do that enough times and they will start to associate furniture as a bad thing and their chair as a good thing.

Good luck.

I think most training derails because somebody in the family doesn't stay consistent.

LOL.....just sharing some tips on how we broke our dog of his furniture hopping habit.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!