EA Forums - Banner

Time for a Break?

tumblr_n5juj6X2Q11rtrxuso1_400.gif
:mrgreen::lol: :P

Unless you want 50+ Dead Trees or some other craftable item I don't think there is any need to grind after you get the last prize IMO

Replies

• ArmpitAttack
    2335 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    uhhhhhhhhh, did you speed stuff up or just use Sherri & Terri for the win?
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    I got the Gate to Nowhere this AM, so I'm caught up on round 1's prizes.

I don't care about any of this round's craftables, so I've saved a ton of all the components.

I've been grinding for the last week - is there any reason not to take a break?

I'll still do the daily challenges, but I wondered if there was some compelling reason to continue to constantly churn out crafting components...

Just have a peek at the chart of upcoming craftable items, and see whether you want to save anything up before the next acts come along.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10366791.page

It doesn't look to me as though the 'costs' in materials are very high for any of it ... especially if you already have the characters. This event is unsettling to me. It's a complete turnaround from what I've gotten used to in this game. This is totally relaxing for me. Even in my Race to the Finish town, where I only have 12 kids to send to listen to stories. (Though the players in that challenge are all extremely active due to the very nature of the challenge, so there are always plenty of blobs being collected and exchanged.)
  • Johnny2bd
    671 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm planning on taking a break as soon as I get it. Should give me a little time to catch up on the backlog of quest of the new kids I bought to speed things up. Plus completing the weekly monorail quest has been a nightmare since all the kids are tied up. Switch the ones you need over to where you need them and leave a skeleton crew (so to speak) at the campfire.
  • Oatmeal832
    560 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    uhhhhhhhhh, did you speed stuff up or just use Sherri & Terri for the win?

No speeding. I do have a lot of the kids, though - including S&T...
  • Oatmeal832
    560 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    tumblr_n5juj6X2Q11rtrxuso1_400.gif
    :mrgreen::lol: :P

Unless you want 50+ Dead Trees or some other craftable item I don't think there is any need to grind after you get the last prize IMO

Thanks. I don't really want any of the current craftables. I've bought the ones I needed to advance quests and that's it - honestly, they're pretty lame.

I'll just essentially pretend Halloween doesn't exist until next week. There's no reason for me to pursue more event currency when I'm not gonna use it now - and based on the chart linked here, I may not use much of it later!
  • Oatmeal832
    560 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    I got the Gate to Nowhere this AM, so I'm caught up on round 1's prizes.

I don't care about any of this round's craftables, so I've saved a ton of all the components.

I've been grinding for the last week - is there any reason not to take a break?

I'll still do the daily challenges, but I wondered if there was some compelling reason to continue to constantly churn out crafting components...

Just have a peek at the chart of upcoming craftable items, and see whether you want to save anything up before the next acts come along.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10366791.page

It doesn't look to me as though the 'costs' in materials are very high for any of it ... especially if you already have the characters. This event is unsettling to me. It's a complete turnaround from what I've gotten used to in this game. This is totally relaxing for me. Even in my Race to the Finish town, where I only have 12 kids to send to listen to stories. (Though the players in that challenge are all extremely active due to the very nature of the challenge, so there are always plenty of blobs being collected and exchanged.)

Yeah, this year's Halloween seems like it's oriented toward super-casual players. There's just not a lot of challenge - really, even though I'm an active player, I shouldn't be done with round 1 a week early! :shock:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!