EA Forums - Banner

Who's Happy with Halloween!

Prev13
Halloween 2015 is good just wish they left it as just the campfire and left out all the facades as now it's going 2 b harder 2 get prizes

Replies

• brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    What must it be like for the makers; to work so hard on another great Halloween-event and constantly read all those moping messages of unhappy tappers? I think it must bum them out and they might forget that there must be loads of tappers like me, who are really happy!

I love that I get 25 (!!) free donuts a week. I love Kodos flying about in her fairy-outfit. I love the Halloween-skin for the Simpson house and can't wait to see the other skins. I really love the bramble hedges, which really upgrade my labyrinth. I love the storyline and the game and I applaud EA and hope they ignore the mopers. So for everyone who is happy: speak out and applaud EA with me!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    Cheers!

I second this. I wish there were a few more new prizes (not greatly fond of balloons/blimps), but the story is great, the past "nightmares" of snakes and bunnies is genius, and I love the new skins and walls. While I am not a fan of crafting in general, this method of crafting definitely works with us being able to control what items we get and only having a single currency per items, not 200 of X and 100 of Y.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11501 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    i love this event, just like every other THOH event! all of them!
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Banky71
    145 posts
    edited October 2015
    I like the event. I'm having fun.
  • LagginPotato64
    212 posts New member
    edited October 2015
    Only good thing is the free donuts. Every thing else is meh aside from like 2 prizes.
  • pinkamina_pie0
    58 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm also enjoying the THOH event, especially the storyline, its interesting and funny, I like the disco zombies, and that the nightmares come to the streets to make them easier to find, and I like crafting the wailing walls :D
  • Willy9292
    1642 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I love it. As time consuming as you want it to be, some variety, and you can skip what you want to without not being able to go on. The donuts are a bonus and take little effort to get. Can't wait to see Act III
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Yeppers! Loving it!
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Great thread. I think EA should get a round of applause for this event. They have clearly been playing around with different game play recently, to greater or lesser degrees of success, but I think they've pretty much nailed it with this one. Yes, I agree that some of the prizes are not that great, especially for long-time players (only my second Halloween, so I'm not in that camp), but I suspect that whatever the prizes are, it will always be a case of not pleasing everybody.

If nothing else, I'm getting 20 donuts a week for very little effort (OK, no effort - I'm just playing as normal) and currently have a fairy alien sprinkling glitter around my town. I'm happy :D
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Having a blast over here
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Great thread. I think EA should get a round of applause for this event. They have clearly been playing around with different game play recently, to greater or lesser degrees of success, but I think they've pretty much nailed it with this one. Yes, I agree that some of the prizes are not that great, especially for long-time players (only my second Halloween, so I'm not in that camp), but I suspect that whatever the prizes are, it will always be a case of not pleasing everybody.

If nothing else, I'm getting 20 donuts a week for very little effort (OK, no effort - I'm just playing as normal) and currently have a fairy alien sprinkling glitter around my town. I'm happy :D

I think you hit the nail on the head ... Never gonna please everyone!!
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I like it. The campfire is especially different.

Also Pirate Kang?? I don't see a reason to ever not have him wearing that costume!
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    What must it be like for the makers; to work so hard on another great Halloween-event and constantly read all those moping messages of unhappy tappers? I think it must bum them out and they might forget that there must be loads of tappers like me, who are really happy!

I love that I get 25 (!!) free donuts a week. I love Kodos flying about in her fairy-outfit. I love the Halloween-skin for the Simpson house and can't wait to see the other skins. I really love the bramble hedges, which really upgrade my labyrinth. I love the storyline and the game and I applaud EA and hope they ignore the mopers. So for everyone who is happy: speak out and applaud EA with me!

Cheers!

Agreed! I am a happy tapper.
  • M4rkEv4ns
    188 posts
    edited October 2015
    Yes good post another Happy Tapper here. :)
  • dubhe1313
    317 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I definitely am enjoying the event. I only started playing at the end of last years THOH event but I would so far rate this as my favorite event. The brambles are easily obtained walls, the premium items for the most part seem reasonably priced to me and I am able to get some of the stuff I was not able to get before. If I had one complaint it would be how long neighbor visits take, but given everything that's going on on the screen it's expected that the pages would take longer to load. :)
  • TolerancEJ
    94 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I am enjoying Halloween 2015, but I'm finding that I already have most of the craftables/prizes from previous years' Halloween events.

The campfire storyline is new and interesting, but I think I preferred watching the children in costumes, walking around Trick or Treating last year.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Objectively, this is a crap event. Lousy prizes. Boring, tedious...

People who are moping are not moping, they are correct. I'm now waiting for act 3. Donutted all the prizes because this is not worth playing.
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    We are enjoying this at our house. *smile* No need to feel like we have to be in the game every ten minutes in order to progress. And let's face it, the internet has made it so too many people just feel like they need to be dissatisfied with everything - and have to give voice to it... And they can poison otherwise happy people faster than you can say "Disco Zombie". I know people who have loved a game, movie, TV show, etc, until they came across all the negative internet folks and then they refused to watch, play etc, because one unhappy person stirring everybody else up has to be right.
  • 4junk3000
    5304 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Very fun!
    :D
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • organizmx66
    512 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm happy with this event as well! I'm glad that the newer players are able to get some of the stuff from past THOH events, and I think there is good content for the people who have played for a long time. I like the Lovecraft take on it all, and it is an easy event to play.

Unfortunately, there are always gonna be people who aren't happy...but that's their row to *** I guess!

How does one hate having an alien carry around a dude who sprinkles glitter everywhere?? :mrgreen:

*spelling edit
    *also they didn't like the word H O E...it's a garden utensil :?

D'oh!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Cheers!

I guess I’ll be a bit of a naysayer here.

It’s great that you and so many others love the current event, but please forgive me for wincing a bit at the implied “haters gonna hate” mantra — there’s absolutely nothing ethically wrong in complaining about honestly-felt, perceived shortcomings in the game. In fact, EA (if they’re smart) relies on feedback, both positive and negative, in fine-tuning their products. It’s in their interest to keep us spending our money for as long as possible.

This is premature considering we’re only partway through the event, but here are some initial impressions.

Overall concept, storyline. Being a minor Lovecraft fan, the current storyline is kinda cute, although I wish they’d do something a little more creative with it. Still time for them to further develop it, however, so I’ll wait and see.
    Grade: B-

Visuals, prizes, etc. This has always been (my opinion) one of the game’s strong suits. I know a number of users have been disappointed with the available prizes, but I’m fairly satisfied. Nice to be able to get Kodos, since I missed out on that character during a hiatus from the game. I especially like the disco zombies and the Gate to Nowhere.
    Grade: B

Gameplay. This is where the event falters. I know others disagree, but I don’t particularly care for crafting as a method of achieving goals or gaining prizes. Granted that this implementation isn’t as mind-numbingly tedious as the one employed in the Springfield Heights event, but I persist in feeling that crafting, in general, is boring and too time consuming.

I know user experiences have varied considerably with device and quality of net access (I’m using a second-generation iPad, albeit one with a lot of memory and a high-quality internet connection), but I’ve found the gameplay to be excessively laggy; not as bad as what I’ve found in some previous events, but bad enough to noticeably diminish my enjoyment of the game.

The gameplay facet that I’ve found most wanting is the social one — thanks to a combination of hardware/communications and programming constraints, visiting my neighbors, which I’ve found in the past at least somewhat pleasant and always productive, has turned in a frustrating, dreary, and unrewarding experience. It’s ridiculous to expect users to spend 2-3 hours a day visiting neighbors.
    Grade: D

Overall event grade: C+
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!