EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Edition Ending What Time?

No one knows when the Christmas update will end. The event started at the same time for everyone, regardless of time zone, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    No one frickin knows. It's always different.
  • bagndrag420
    361 posts
    edited January 2013
    Whenever they feel like doing something is my bet
  • khris91
    4 posts
    edited January 2013
    i have 1187 christmas money, i don't know if is better to use it or waiting tomorrow for try to take bart's dog... any suggestion??
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    khris91 wrote:
    i have 1187 christmas money, i don't know if is better to use it or waiting tomorrow for try to take bart's dog... any suggestion??

I can't tell you what to do but would suggest you spend the Christmas coins by tomorrow in case they disappear at midnight some time US time.
  • khris91
    4 posts
    edited January 2013
    tomorrow's midnight?
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    khris91 wrote:
    tomorrow's midnight?

Tonight. It says the event ends on the 10th, so that could be 12:01 a.m. or 11:59 p.m., or anywhere in between. In case it's the first of those, you may not want to have the coins tomorrow. No one knows though. Wish I knew more to tell you.
  • danutas
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Ok. So I am better to use on trying to win donuts rather than try to save up enough for try and save?
  • dmg699
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    I have a similar problem. I was given the quest of building a try n save for 450 coins but I only have 375. I will have enough in the morning but if the Santa coins expire tonight at midnight what happens to my quest? I would gladly spend the coins on mystery stocking but don't want to leave this quest hanging there forever.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    dmg699 wrote:
    I have a similar problem. I was given the quest of building a try n save for 450 coins but I only have 375. I will have enough in the morning but if the Santa coins expire tonight at midnight what happens to my quest? I would gladly spend the coins on mystery stocking but don't want to leave this quest hanging there forever.

I answered your question in the other posting but I'll repost what I wrote and add: My guess is that the quest would disappear and you would no longer be able to buy the building with coins. I can't remember because I bought it early on: Is there a limited time tab underneath the Try N Save in the build menu? If so, you may run out of time to get it. If not, it would likely become available for cash or donuts.

It depends on how many donuts you have and how close you are to what you want. If you don't absolutely need the donuts and Try N Save is limited, you might want to take a shot and wait in case you get a decent amount of time tomorrow to gain more coins. But if it ends around midnight Pacific time tonight (where EA is located) or around then, you may have unused coins that disappear. It's a tough situation.
  • lostBluBird
    3 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeah...I'm in the EST zone. I was just collecting Santa coins (1,230), and came to the forum to see what time the event was going to end, saw that no one knew and went back to my game and all of my coins were gone. So chances are, that if you are reading this right now and haven't spent your coins...they are already gone. I'm kinda pissed about this, but I took a gamble and lost. Next time I won't, and I hope you don't either.
  • gordonwj99
    35 posts
    edited January 2013
    The dog doesn't do anything. Just another stupid decoration. Best bet is to get the stockings
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeah...I'm in the EST zone. I was just collecting Santa coins (1,230), and came to the forum to see what time the event was going to end, saw that no one knew and went back to my game and all of my coins were gone. So chances are, that if you are reading this right now and haven't spent your coins...they are already gone. I'm kinda pissed about this, but I took a gamble and lost. Next time I won't, and I hope you don't either.

You sure they're gone? I still have mine. A lot of times when you enter the game, they don't appear but would be there when you go to the menu where you buy the XMas items. Give it a look.
  • lostBluBird
    3 posts
    edited January 2013
    You sure they're gone? I still have mine. A lot of times when you enter the game, they don't appear but would be there when you go to the menu where you buy the XMas items. Give it a look.

Yep. I even clicked on the mission bar on the left where Santa's Little Helper is showing how many coins you have/need and it says 0/1500. Whatever. I'd rather have Snowball the cat anyway.

On a side note: I'm sure that this is very faux paux to ask on a Simpsons site, but is there any talk of a Futurama based "tapped out" game?
  • Xarone
    102 posts
    edited January 2013
    No freaking way!!!!! Why would they have it end in the middle of the day???? I just spent 30 minutes collecting santa coins from my neighbors, the app closed, and when I went back in the ability to use santa coins was gone!! Such a waste of time. Thanks a lot EA for not being clear and communicating with us, great customer service. :roll:
  • iBuzz7S
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I was less than 70 coins away from picking up Santa's Little Helper. >=[

Oh well, what can you do? Perhaps I can remove everything, purchase more land and organise my town now that it's all over.

Would of been great if there was some sort of timer or notification indicating that at which time it will end. Typical of EA, keeping customers/players/fans out in the cold (no pun intended) and without a clue as to what's going on. And they are in talks of buying THQ? There goes my favourite hobby!
  • Aralu91
    1 posts
    edited January 2013
    OMG this sucks i could have had santas little helper if u guyz put on a timer!!! I spent my santa coins to be sure last night to now find out a had even more than 24hr of game time!!! I would have made it with ease but know i got 2 of thos furbies running around and no santas little helper!!! So not funny!!! Thx guyz
  • jkl714415
    89 posts
    edited January 2013
    Mine stopped 6 donuts from buying Duff Brewery, sigh.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.