EA Forums - Banner

Game Not Loading at Tap to continue

Prev1
Mine too. Android phone and tablet. Since thursday am.

Replies

• crazyschumi535
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    mine had been like it since halloween update so i have played non of it 3 weeks on EA cant get me pass the log in screen, spinning donut and game crashes, live chat does not work dont know why they have a link, emails never get a answer, i ended up phoning them and now do get emails with progress (which is non my end) im just being moved from dept to dept as they try to fix it

i have missed out on all of it, like many others they have been so slow fixing this problem its passed a joke now!!!
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    mine had been like it since halloween update so i have played non of it 3 weeks on EA cant get me pass the log in screen, spinning donut and game crashes, live chat does not work dont know why they have a link, emails never get a answer, i ended up phoning them and now do get emails with progress (which is non my end) im just being moved from dept to dept as they try to fix it

i have missed out on all of it, like many others they have been so slow fixing this problem its passed a joke now!!!

Well, if you go to the page I post at the top of my thread, and select the 'call me' they will call you immediately, at least during the day. Tell them you want to have your account 'rolled back' to the time it was working. Request this after the fix is in place. I am not going to have them roll back my account until AFTER the fix. Although was told could have it done and then 'hope' the issue was fixed, I prefer to wait, as seems foolish to roll back, waste time, and then lose all my work when it crashes incessantly again.

I think the more people call/email about the issue, the more it will get exposure and programmers working on a fix.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    It has been a week, and still not able to log on.

Anyone get into their Springfield?
  • KatyaEve
    1 posts
    edited October 2015
    this started for me today. I've tried clearing chache, uninstalling and reinstalling. happens on both my phone and kindle. In chat with EA all they can say is that it is a known issue and they're working on fixing it. :/
  • Vindicatorr
    5 posts
    edited October 2015
    Same thing happening here starting today. Attempted several times today.
    Launch->"Splash Screen"->Spinning Doughnut->Login Screen (showing username)->Tapped to continued->"Synchronizing"->Video->A brief moment in empty game->"Cannot Connect to Server, Man I hate this screen."->Retry->Login Screen (repeats from here on out).
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    From what I am seeing, this perhaps is only an android account issue? Even though it is my android account, it still will not load on my Ipad3 either. When I reinstall, I do get the two notices about not saving on other device, and cancel or continue options. If I cancel, it loops back to that option when I try to log on, either on my iPad3 or the G4, and the same level of loading is present.

I have not tried to delete the game and reinstall on my iPad3, as I dont want to screw up the one account that seems to be working. I am sure everyone can relate to that obvious logic. :roll: :) 8)

It has been exactly one week since I was able to log onto the game on my G4. :evil:

Has anyone else contacted EA and received any positive information on a possible 'fix date'? :?: :?:
  • crazyschumi535
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Well, if you go to the page I post at the top of my thread, and select the 'call me' they will call you immediately, at least during the day. Tell them you want to have your account 'rolled back' to the time it was working. Request this after the fix is in place. I am not going to have them roll back my account until AFTER the fix. Although was told could have it done and then 'hope' the issue was fixed, I prefer to wait, as seems foolish to roll back, waste time, and then lose all my work when it crashes incessantly again.

I think the more people call/email about the issue, the more it will get exposure and programmers working on a fix.

they have tried to roll back my account that failed as well im still waiting to hear from the "studio" who is looking into after 3 weeks im at point of bye bye Simpsons shame as played it for well over 3 years now
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015

they have tried to roll back my account that failed as well im still waiting to hear from the "studio" who is looking into after 3 weeks im at point of bye bye Simpsons shame as played it for well over 3 years now

It has been 8 days for me now! I think it would be futile for me to have them roll back my game, if the problem is not fixed. I have not seen any updates in the last 4 days, so hopefully someone can figure it out.

Don't give up totally yet. If you had one person try to 'roll-back' your game and it did not work, try again. I think differing people at EA are of different skill sets. I have chatted to a total idiot, who was telling me to do all these outlandish things. I was getting so aggravated at her I was screaming at my computer. It dawned on me, she was totally clueless about the game. At that point I asked her if she had ever played the game. Her delayed response was the answer, before she ever admitted "No, I have never seen or played the game." How can anyone be helpful even in a remote manner, if they have never seen the game, and have absolutely no clue how the game works.

Otherwise, all the people I have talked to, I ask if they play the game, and usually I get males, and they admit the play the game. I will wait for the update that fixes the glitch, which is hopefully soon, and then call and try to get my game reset. Honestly, I did not know they could even do that, and stated that to guy I was talking to.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    A few people are stating their games are working. Mine is still not. Am calling EA again.

I called and THANKFULLY Siddhartha was able to get the game working!!! WOOOHOOO. I lost many of the prizes, which is sad... but at least can play now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Rickyrod1970
    13 posts
    edited October 2015
    Mine started giving me trouble earlier today. Gets stuck on loading screen then throws you back to the desktop. Tried on both my phone and my Kindle no luck so far.

Ricky
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Mine started giving me trouble earlier today. Gets stuck on loading screen then throws you back to the desktop. Tried on both my phone and my Kindle no luck so far.

Ricky

That is what started with mine. After 8 days I was talking to Siddhartha, on the phone with EA help. He reset my account, and I was able to get back in. Unfortunately, all the past weeks worth of time and prizes have been lost. I am not sure I am ever going to get them back.

Try going to the EA help, the URL is listed at the bottom of my original post. I could enver get through the chat, so left my number at the CALL ME option. Within 1 minute they called me!!! I did do this 4 times before it was actually fixed, and I could log into the game.
  • Vindicatorr
    5 posts
    edited October 2015
    Well a couple of in-game updates came and went with no change in my result so I took action on my own.
    Deleting the Cache did nothing.
    Since deleting the Data would have been near the entire size the app consumed, I just uninstalled the app altogether and reinstalled.
    I let the doughnut progress finish before logging in and everything was hunky-dory.
    I'm now finally back in the game with 4 clock events I have to catch up on.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Well a couple of in-game updates came and went with no change in my result so I took action on my own.
    Deleting the Cache did nothing.
    Since deleting the Data would have been near the entire size the app consumed, I just uninstalled the app altogether and reinstalled.
    I let the doughnut progress finish before logging in and everything was hunky-dory.
    I'm now finally back in the game with 4 clock events I have to catch up on.

Did you miss out on any of the prizes? My game stopped loading the last day of the first Halloween event. I was not able to log in until Siddartha reset my game 8 days later. Although he said he was resetting the game to the day before it stopped working it was not. It DID get me back into the game, but I lost an entire week of playing, the last item of the First segment of the event, and the 20 donuts. I will see if I can get the last item, and my 20 donut I lost.

Glad you got back in!!! I will let you know if I get the lost items from EA. :lol::mrgreen:
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited October 2015

Ever get it to work?
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I have lost out on one major prize, and looks like going to miss the next prize, as am far behind when rolled back my game it didnt roll back at all. I am level 13 on the Spooky Campfire with hawaiianrn account and level 27 :!: :!: :!:
    on my clooless2000 account!!! I not going to achieve all the prizes on the account that was hit with the glitch. I am losing donuts, and final Act prizes.

Don't mistake my being happy to be back in the game, as I am THRILLED that I am, but still. It seems people that are hit with problems beyond their control, due to programming errors, EA should make us whole, and give us the prizes, donuts, and level we should or would be at, had the glitch not occurred.

If you get the prizes or donuts, please let me know. I will post if I get them from EA.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    OK, I called EA again, and asked for the items missing from my game. I was transferred to the dept that helps with missing items.

I spoke with a female who admitted she never played the game, and hadn't seen it. It took about 15 minutes of talking to her, as well as the first person who had transferred me to her, explaining why I was calling. After my explanation, she put me on hold to read 'the notes' on my case. Afterward, which took her about 10 minutes, she told me to log out of the game and back in, to find my items.

I was given the missing Gate to Nowhere, and the missing 20 donuts I should had got. I am not going to get the last prize from act 2, as missed 8 days of playing, and have not been able to catch up enough to get the needed aliens/squid things to achieve the last item.
  • jerrifarley
    12 posts
    edited November 2015
    The game is literally the most buggy app I've ever used since owning smartphones.

The monorail update ruined my town. Moving all floors. EA wouldn't help. Kept saying it would be fixed with an update but it never was. So I jukes my town. It removed the mountains between Springfield and heights.

Finally got it back up and running and then this update. First it won't load passed the 'touch to continue'. Then it does and it crashed every time I hit the campfire.

Not that's stopped but I can't see the act prizes because every time I click the icon in the corner the game freezes (on android) or crashed (on iOS).

It's just issue after issue after issue with this game. And they're not little glitches either.

The game has been unplayable for me since the Halloween update.

• clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The game is literally the most buggy app I've ever used since owning smartphones.

The monorail update ruined my town. Moving all floors. EA wouldn't help. Kept saying it would be fixed with an update but it never was. So I jukes my town. It removed the mountains between Springfield and heights.

Finally got it back up and running and then this update. First it won't load passed the 'touch to continue'. Then it does and it crashed every time I hit the campfire.

Not that's stopped but I can't see the act prizes because every time I click the icon in the corner the game freezes (on android) or crashed (on iOS).

It's just issue after issue after issue with this game. And they're not little glitches either.

The game has been unplayable for me since the Halloween update.

Well, did you have EA call you at the 'contact us' screen?

My game has been laggy as ever and think it is because just so much activity, too many quests, and millions of people playing all over the world 24/7. I read on another thread about the monorail tie-in. Today I went on both my accounts, and removed the rail pieces on either side of each rail station. I left the game and re-entered, and was amazed at the difference!!! Instead of removing the stations, I chose to take the easier, and quicker way to reestablish the games, on both devices, by making the monorails immobile.

I dont think the average person realizes how much activity this event has going on, 24/7. There are multiple quests, builds, tasks, actions going on simultaneously. Stop and consider: the new land on the other side of the mountains; the monorail stations X3, with recycling tasks; general character tasks; the Halloween XXVI event which has more involved than any to date since the game came out.

The Halloween event has characters on quests, many quests, as well as interactivity with other 'friends' towns. There are people incessantly sending monsters to my town, which are hard as heck to click on, as 2/3 the time I hit a building, character or something else than the blue creature... which aggravates the heck out of me. Then there are skeletons, snakes, zombies and bunnies multiplying incessantly... LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of different actions going on in the game all at once.

That being said, and realized, it is no wonder there is so much lag and so many issues staying in the game and playing without same crashing incessantly for so many.

Try either removing the track on the immediate side of each station so the monorail is unable to move at all, or just store the stations. I prefer not to store things like that, in case they 'disappear' as am hedging my bets in the positive. Dont add more tasks to other ongoing acts, like the recycling or building more in the Springfield Heights, minimize anything in Springfield Heights. Try to focus on the Halloween event, and clearing as much from your town that is taking up memory, (collect on ALL houses, businesses, characters, immediately when getting into your game), and remove all the memory siphons which are clogging up your game. It will both stifle the lag, and help ease the game play for you.

Please let me know if any of the above helps. It may well help others too.
  • jerrifarley
    12 posts
    edited November 2015
    Thanks but I don't have any of the monorail stuff. No recycling plant, no glass plant etc nothing.

When that update was released it completely messed up my town so I had to nuke it several times. I've spent the time since then rebuilding but it meant I have no monorail stuff at all, so that can't be causing any lagging.

Even before this lagging had never been an issue its always crashing or things behaving differently like roads moving.

I've uninstalled the game for now. Will reinstall after the Halloween stuff is over.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks but I don't have any of the monorail stuff. No recycling plant, no glass plant etc nothing.

When that update was released it completely messed up my town so I had to nuke it several times. I've spent the time since then rebuilding but it meant I have no monorail stuff at all, so that can't be causing any lagging.

Even before this lagging had never been an issue its always crashing or things behaving differently like roads moving.

I've uninstalled the game for now. Will reinstall after the Halloween stuff is over.

Sorry the situation is so bad for you :oops:

Go to the 'contact me' section and give them your number to call you. EVERY time I have done that, someone called me IMMEDIATELY, as in less than a minute after I hit 'submit.' Tell them your town is screwed up, and to 'roll it back'. As soon as they did that to mine, everything was OK.

If everything is hosed, it couldnt hurt. Maybe they have the glitch fixed, but they need to reset your game before it really gets fixed? I hope it works out for you. Sounds like it is something in your account that keeps resetting to the glitch. I KNOW it was with mine, as the problem was only on the newer account, the hawaiianrn account. I couldnt get it to load or work on my iPad3 either. Usually, both accounts can be loaded on either the G4 or my iPad3. With the glitch, the hawaiianrn account refused to load on either the G4 or the iPad3. My clooless2000 account worked fine. So, it was solely an account issue. Rolling my account back, fixed the issue. I had uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed 100 times easily in 8 days.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!