EA Forums - Banner

How bad is your lag?

Prev13
The only time I see a lag is after I use the job manager to assign everyone a task, and it lasts about 20 seconds or so.

(Ipad air2)

Replies

• DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited November 2015
    On what device do you play TSTO?

Lately I play it mostly on an Android simulator, it works very well.
    I also play it on my Samsung dual core tablet and it rarely lags,
    but on my quad core phone it lags all the time :shock:
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The lag in my game has been steadily increasing to the point now where it's frustrating just trying to clear the zombies from my town and assigning tasks. How bad is the lag in your town? Does it lag for you even when just assigning tasks?

I'm trying to figure out if this is mostly an issue with my device or whether it's a game-wide problem.

More than likely its your device. My iPad mini lags when trick or treating is up and theres a lot of on-screen activity, but my iPhone 6 has none of the associated problems keeping up with all the screen activity.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The lag on my tablet is terrible... even when there is no event going on! :shock:
  • mudkicker7672
    323 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    No lag on a galaxy note 5.
  • lea_dragon3
    137 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    No lag on my phone. But my tablet it sucks. I need a new tablet lol.
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited November 2015
    The lag on my tablet is terrible... even when there is no event going on!

On my phone it's almost impossible to play the game.
    My phone has good specifications: quad core processor and 1,5 GB RAM.
    But on my tablet (dual core processor and 1 GB RAM) it runs very smooth.
    I just don't understand why TSTO laggs on my phone.
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited November 2015
    And BTW, lately I prefer to play on my desktop because it has a bigger screen
    and I don't have to charge it. :lol:
  • buckeyekcub14
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The lag between neighbors is pretty bad. I've started visiting every other day because of it.

The lag in my actual town got A LOT better when I upgraded my iPhone this week from the 5s to a 6s with much more memory.
  • johde68
    203 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Lag on my tablet is getting worse. But, not bad most of the time. It's bad when collecting things other than $ and XP. So, when collecting from the campfire, crafting resources, monorail resources, Springfield Heights Resources etc. it lags and pauses. But, I can collect a whole screen full of buildings and normal character jobs with no problems at all.

Also, load times are longer than they have been. Not a problem during startup but really slows down neighbor visits.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11529 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    no lag - samsung galaxy s2 plus
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited November 2015
    Only lag when visiting friends... :(
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    im not having any noticeable lag. The game freezes for a second when I tap the campfire, but then goes back to normal
  • zombieleela1
    82 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The lag on my iPad Air is is horrible, but there's no lag on my iPhone 6s, so yeah. Probably the device more than the game itself.
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Store your SH buildings that still need upgraded. It helped mine out a lot.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    iPad 3rd Gen.

I don't think I had lag during monorail. Maybe a little.

But now...

If I tap the campfire kids I have to wait like 15+ seconds as the frame rate is about 1 fps for awhile. After I use the job manager it seems to ignore my input for 5-10 seconds.

If I tape one a group of nightmares then it's all in slow motion for at least a few seconds.

Swiping the screen to quickly scroll from one area to another is mostly a thing of the past. This means I'm more likely to accidentally tap on a building or a person I don't want to tap on. And makes chasing formless terrors annoying.

• biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My lag is terrible on my phone (xperia z3 compact), tablet (samsung tab s), and desktop (genymotion on i7), when my town is full of snakes, but only a few are showing.
    I have hardly any to no lag once they become unstuck.

At first I thought it was coincidental, but after switching to snakes this morning for the daily taskymabob and logging in after 8 hours both my towns started lagging like *.

And here I was thinking snakes have no lags :?:
  • C0rgano
    443 posts Member
    edited November 2015

I'd gladly take some lag right now.... getting the server unavailable screen for the last 7 hours, so an accessible town and lag would be preferable :(
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Lag on my iPad Air is pretty terrible
  • Grumpstown
    1362 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    im not lagging, but compared to KL im super slow^^
  • baksinengl89
    889 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I notice that it lags sometimes pretty badly when I am visiting my neighbours collecting FP points.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!