EA Forums - Banner

Act 3 prizes aren't achievable (we need more candy apples!!)

bgfujino wrote:
I have been tapping star spawn for quite awhile and keep getting crafting material but no candy apples - happening to anyone else?

How many crafting materials do you get from the star spawn??? 1 random or more.

Does the star spawn stuff appear at the same rate as the nightmares did???

Replies

• LPNintendoITA
    11576 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    yeah i found out that those doesnt give you candy apples. seriously hard to get them this time geeze.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • bgfujino
    499 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    bgfujino wrote:
    I have been tapping star spawn for quite awhile and keep getting crafting material but no candy apples - happening to anyone else?

How many crafting materials do you get from the star spawn??? 1 random or more.

Does the star spawn stuff appear at the same rate as the nightmares did???
    Not sure of the rate but it seems much more frequent than the nightmares - I can hardly keep my town cleared! Multiple random crafting items. Sorry my reply took so long - just crazy busy :cry:
  • bgfujino
    499 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    yeah i found out that those doesnt give you candy apples. seriously hard to get them this time geeze.
    No problem - can't see any problem getting the prizes anyways -
  • Thomasx35
    29 posts
    edited November 2015
    So if the star spawn don't give out candy apples, and the adults can't be used to earn them, and the campfire no longer spawns nightmares, the ONLY way to get them is by hunting nightmares with the kids... Essentially meaning people without premium kids are screwed :cry:

Or am I missing something?
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    So ... What are the sources for candy apples once we finish the questlines tasks?

The star things don't give us apples in our towns.

We tap star spawns in neighbor towns from what I'm experiencing I get no apples.

We have the same number of kids generating the same number of nightmares in EIGHT hours as we got in FOUR hours before.

Where are we gonna get them apples? What am I missing?
  • MrPMPisBeefy
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I apologize if someone covered this elsewhere already and I am blind, but how do we earn more candy apples? Is it just through sending kids to hunt? I had a random snake in my town that gave me a candy apple but that has not happened since the one time so I am thinking glitch or I am crazy.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Is getting the top prize for Act 3 even possible?! The maths doesn't add up, even for a fully-premium with all characters & costumes...

Assuming:
    *beating M'nthster every 12hrs (using donuts to instant-finish tasks) for max generation, so 2x per day,
    *sending kids off exactly every 8hrs, so 3x per day,
    *all kids bought, & all skins with bonus payouts purchased & used.
    *Not included - any nightmares produced from decorations (eg. pet graveyard). Though those would only give max 312 extra (24 per day x13 days) per decoration.

Max from M'nthster (max respawn every 12hrs):
    *(50 for airborne + (8x3 + 4) for attack + 100 for temple) x2 = 356 per day
    Search for nightmares (every 8hrs)
    *(13x2 + 9x4 + 1x8 ) x3 = 210 per day
    Minimum daily bonuses:
    *2 full weeks (700x2) + first 3 days (75 + 100 + 125) = 1700 over whole 13 days
    Quests:
    *7x100 for quest rewards (incl. "Blameless City Pt.5" for end of event).

GRAND TOTAL = 9,758
    Needed = 9,270 (i.e. 488 buffer!!)

TL;DR - if you're a fully-premium player with all items & playing 24/7, you'll barely make the top prize. If not, well... we'll all be well-short.

EA needs to add another candy apple payout mechanism somewhere along the line, or there'll be a lot of disgruntled players!!
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Edit: You seemingly get an extra 200 each time M'nthster goes to the campfire. So 10x 5 per tap, plus 200 upon him "crash-landing".

That'll help enormously.
  • thatdonald845
    1593 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for this. This is roughly what I calculated. I think that Act 3 needs us to log in at 12 hour periods that then cause a 4 hour shift in the 12 hour periods, making obtaining the candy apples shift by 4 hours throughout the event. And therefore if we sleep or even go to work, will not bring us within a sliver of a hope of reaching the final prize. I hope my numbers are wrong. I also think that this is only possible by speeding things up with donuts. Maths was never my strong point. Anybody else done any calculations?
  • AfcwChris91
    176 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    What is star spawn?
  • thatdonald845
    1593 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    No. Forget what I said. Candy apples are spawned with the tasks the kids do in the Brown House. You have to log in every 8 hours. Or maybe 4 hours? Sorry guys but I am not making much sense. I didn't know that the kids crafting in the Brown House ALSO produced Candy Apples. We'll get there In the end ! :roll:
  • marchlock
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I have the same problems. Can't earn apple candy sending adults to tasks, monsters don't spawn from the campfire, It's been hours and I loginned like 6 times, I still couldn't earn a single candy apple. Is this a bug? How am I supposed to earn candy apples by just collecting it from the kids, every 4 hours? If this is normal, it's impossible to reach the goal.
  • marchlock
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    marchlock wrote:
    I have the same problems. Can't earn apple candy sending adults to tasks, monsters don't spawn from the campfire, It's been hours and I loginned like 6 times, I still couldn't earn a single candy apple. Is this a bug? How am I supposed to earn candy apples by just collecting it from the kids, every 4 hours? If this is normal, it's impossible to reach the goal.

Ok, I read a Tapped Out guide website and they explained it like this:

"Nightmares will not Spawn in your town once Act 3 starts automatically. They’ll be replaced with StarSpawns later in the questline (that will spawn Automatically). HOWEVER…you can still spawn nightmares via an 8hr task with the kids later in Act 3"

I'll just have to wait for the questline to be completed then. After that, will have to see how it goes.
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Am I wrong or is act 3 a few days shorter than the others?
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Hmmm, I think what I'll do here is ignore you guys and just go get all the prizes pretty easily like I do every event. They're not going to make it super difficult like that, there's bound to be sources of candy apples you haven't taken into account yet. Don't sweat it. That's the pattern, people sweat it and then they realize there was no reason to sweat it. (Unless you have a history of not getting the final prize, in which case: begin with the perspiration!)
  • Johnny2bd
    678 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Guess it's a good thing the act III prizes are kind of *meh*. I hit 5 for 5 for the first three acts. I honestly don't care about anything in act III outside of getting U.B.O. (which I got about 30 seconds after act III started :P ).
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Maybe it IS possible - my total's been jumping when defeating M'nthster. Seems there's some "bonus" candy apples being awarded to the total directly.

(See http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10375271.page)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.