EA Forums - Banner

Setting Santa coin tasks tonight

I'm going to go ahead and do it to try and get the last few coins. Most of the updates seem to come in the early afternoon for me here in the midwestern US. I think the problem with the update from Halloween was that the servers got overwhelmed by all the users accessing at one time. One of the earlier posts mentioned that the event would end on 1/10, meaning the update might be on the 11th. However, I am believing that EA learned something from the last update and this one will be a bit smoother. Here's to hoping!

Replies

• am4692
    2253 posts
    edited January 2013
    That's it for me once they finish there current Christmas tasks. Not saying that it will but just in case something bad happens. Fingers crossed hay.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm a risk taker.
  • ItchyNutria
    58 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I am hoping that the Christmas event will end sometime around 12am starting on the 11th.

Tell me if you guys know otherwise!!!
  • GldnMan
    252 posts
    edited January 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    I'm a risk taker.

That's the spirit! :wink:
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited January 2013
    Well I already set Marge on her 16 hour task right before posting this, so here's to risk taking I suppose :?
  • GldnMan
    252 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I am hoping that the Christmas event will end sometime around 12am starting on the 11th.

Tell me if you guys know otherwise!!!

Here's what the FB page says: It’s your LAST CHANCE to spend Santa Coins and get the limited time items before January 10! Check out the new Mystery Stocking!

Looks like the event ends tonite --- let's all be risk takers! There's a risk every time we log in right???
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    xrobotlove wrote:
    Well I already set Marge on her 16 hour task right before posting this, so here's to risk taking I suppose :?

Good luck! I set all mine to end their Christmas tasks before midnight. I lost my town for two weeks after Halloween so I don't want to put myself in a possible similar situation.
  • cjcccooper
    322 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm pushing my luck here. Actually got two tasks today and i felt offended. I like to * out my characters on 12 tasks to get most money out of time. And yes i farm and i am a completest.
  • wtfchef13
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    Every character I have that makes coins is on task. I am hoping that I can get more coins from friends tomorrow. Not a big christmas fan, but I love some free donuts!!
  • kbabble
    61 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm going for it too. All Santa coin tasks will be running till the update!
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited January 2013
    All events happened for me from 2:00pm-10:00pm (est)
  • wtfchef13
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    Calerock wrote:
    All events happened for me from 2:00pm-10:00pm (est)

I love the est. That gives me hope for more coins/donuts.
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited January 2013
    The est loves you too!
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited January 2013
    Good luck! I set all mine to end their Christmas tasks before midnight. I lost my town for two weeks after Halloween so I don't want to put myself in a possible similar situation.

Thank my lucky stars I woke up in time to collect the very round of Xmas tasks. I was in a similar situation as you and no way in H E double LL am I going to be in the same situation again.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm holding out hope that it won't end until midnight or so on the 11th.
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm going for all the coins I can get. I want all the free doughnuts I can get
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Yep, mine are working for coins right up to the end. Whenever that may be.
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Same for me. I'm such the task master right now :)
  • carvensno
    93 posts
    edited January 2013
    Im going to keep going as much as possible! get every coin i can to get free donuts :mrgreen:
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    kbabble wrote:
    I'm going for it too. All Santa coin tasks will be running till the update!

All mine are on tasks that end at 6am. If is end Homer on his 1hour task 3 times I can get 1last stocking.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!