EA Forums - Banner

Brown house kids - star spawn instead of skeletons

Prev1345
I haven't got an answer - I came to the forum to see if anyone else was having problems spawning skeletons.

I had all the skeleton earners ready to spit out after 7 AM. I only got two. I had to put Bart to the task of fighting Munster and have just emptied my brown houses to find zero skeletons. I put my kids in different houses and staggered the collection but it makes no difference.

Funnily enough - even though Munster was on the fire - I found an unexpected star spawn. I thought this was a leftover.

Another game in our house has had zero. Even from the gate to nowhere.

I think it's pretty dumb that they didn't think of this when setting up the shopkeepers challenges.

I don't remember an event that has had this many glitches.

Replies

• NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Good to know I'm not the only one who's having problems with this. Let's hope that EA fix at least this glitch and it is dumb, but I don't believe they actually gave this event much thought at all ... it's certainly one of the most disappointing THOHs for me. I thought Act 3 would make up for a lacklustre Acts 1 and 2, instead everything's muddled (I'm still getting exclamation marks against sending people on Act 2 tasks) and glitchy.
  • eltoncc
    550 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Same here, star spawn instead of nightmares from about half the kids. Missed out on 4 skeletons. I hope I don't miss out on my 20 donuts because of this!
  • cjryder625
    1401 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    same here although yesterday I got 6 skeletons instead of 4!! Now why couldn't that have happened today. So far today only star spawn from the Brown houses except for zombies which seem to work fine.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    0 skelletons for me... ****.
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    edited November 2015
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Your other post does not apply wadebear. I had already cleared *all* the star spawn from my SF. The kids are still producing star spawn.
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Your other post does not apply wadebear. I had already cleared *all* the star spawn from my SF. The kids are still producing star spawn.
    Well I suggest you go back and read my post again since you're doing the exact opposite of what I suggest.

Don't tap the Starspawn out. Let your town be OVERRUN with Starspawn.

If that doesn't work then troubleshoot your game.

Go to Krustyland and back.
    Force close the game.
    Un-install and re-install.

I gotta go eat. My blood sugar is getting low.
  • lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Even my mausoleum glitched today. It spawned bunnies and zombies. Act 3 was not planned properly to fit the shopkeepers challenges along with the non spawning and the big monster. Oh well....will try again at 12 p.m. est before I contact EA.
  • Asuka2222
    160 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    As I'm in the future and started Day 1 17 hours ago...

My Mausoleum has been working fine today. I'm still another 4h30m off my next collection.
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Don't tap the Starspawn out. Let your town be OVERRUN with Starspawn.

How are you meant to do that when, as per my OP, M'nthster is at the spooky campfire? They don't spawn new ones then and there were only a handful to clear in the first place.
  • Asuka2222
    160 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Not that I agree with the overrun strategy, but you can make your town overrun by visiting/collecting from neighbours, normally 3 visits triggers the message, sometimes you need to do 4.
  • cnations07
    70 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Yep, this morning, my mausoleum spawned bunnies, not skellies. There are only 3 kids that can spawn skellies; the twins should have 8, bart @ 2...and martin(?) at 2. I had all three skellie kids in one brown house. I got a total of 6 skellies and 6 star spawn.

My Gate spawned zero skellies; it spawned 6 each of zombie, bunny and serpent, but zero skellies.

Ergo; I should have been able to spawn 12 (from kids), 8 from mausoleum, and 6 from Gate, for a total of: 26. What I got was a total of 6. So, missing 20 skellies.

Act 3 is just a cluster of bugs, it really really is.

• blueathena62
    114 posts
    edited November 2015
    This morning, as soon as I opened the app, I had to tap M'thter or whatever, who went to the campfire. Waited a bit, no star spawn, tapped the houses for the kids. I'm supposed to get 16 skeletons. I got zero. I go to KL and come back, zero. Got and visit friends, come back, zero. Hard restart, zero. When I go through the shopkeepers challenge and tap " do it" it takes me to a brown house, which shows I have no skeletons hiding anywhere.

Since not all people have the glitch, it stands to reason that not all "fixes" are going to work for everyone. So if someone gets a hundred skeletons while standing on one foot, wearing blue, and singing The Star Spangled Bannef, bully for them, but I want a fix from EA.
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    This morning, as soon as I opened the app, I had to tap M'thter or whatever, who went to the campfire. Waited a bit, no star spawn, tapped the houses for the kids. I'm supposed to get 16 skeletons. I got zero. I go to KL and come back, zero. Got and visit friends, come back, zero. Hard restart, zero. When I go through the shopkeepers challenge and tap " do it" it takes me to a brown house, which shows I have no skeletons hiding anywhere.

Since not all people have the glitch, it stands to reason that not all "fixes" are going to work for everyone. So if someone gets a hundred skeletons while standing on one foot, wearing blue, and singing The Star Spangled Bannef, bully for them, but I want a fix from EA.

Hear, hear. +1
  • FeeJay1111
    234 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Haven't heard that latest fix. Off to find some blue clothes. Anyone got the words to the Star Spangled Banner? I can't do any quoting as the other glitch is forcing me to use 'quick reply'.

I thought that, no matter what the glitches, I would still get the donuts for the shopkeepers challenges. I've managed to keep up with them so far even tho I've been travelling but I'm not sure it's worth bothering with the rest of this week's.

There's a certain amount of unpleasantness from a few on this forum. The majority here are really helpful. I come here for ideas and solutions all the time so I read lots of posts. I'm getting fed up with those who have no patience with people seeking help. It's great if your game is working perfectly as you can afford the latest best iPhone 6 (or whatever gadget) to play it. It's great if you've managed to fix your problems. But please be patient with those who still have problems.
  • Asuka2222
    160 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    FeeJay1111 wrote:
    It's great if your game is working perfectly as you can afford the latest best iPhone 6 (or whatever gadget) to play it. It's great if you've managed to fix your problems. But please be patient with those who still have problems.

Turn the other table, the people who are trying to help also need some respect, rather than just thumping hands on the table and jumping around screaming it's not working.

Unless people are willing to try solutions the Helpers provide (reading of previous like issues helps) then there is no point.

Topics that have been discussed over and over, just get repeated, mainly because people don't research the issue and just start a new thread, even though there are existing threads less than a day old.

Just my 2cents....
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited November 2015
    I think I figured this out! First, I used donuts to speed up the kids who were dreaming of skeletons, and collected a few skeletons when the task auto-finished. Then, I put them back to work in a separate brown house, far from the other Brown house where the others are.

I think the key is separating the kids according to which creature they're dreaming about, so when you tap on the thumbs-up icons they're not overridden by each other. Donut spend is unnecessary if all kids are off task.
  • wadebear
    3325 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    How are you meant to do that when, as per my OP, M'nthster is at the spooky campfire? They don't spawn new ones then and there were only a handful to clear in the first place.
    Well I guess I'm the one guilty of not reading the entire post now.

What you can do is wait until M'nthster is back at the Temple. You have until next Monday to squish 30 skeletons. You don't have to finish the first task before starting the second (or third, etc). You just have to have all 5 tasks done by Monday the 16th at 5:59 AM.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited November 2015
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Even my mausoleum glitched today. It spawned bunnies and zombies. Act 3 was not planned properly to fit the shopkeepers challenges along with the non spawning and the big monster. Oh well....will try again at 12 p.m. est before I contact EA.

This has been a bug since the first act. You have to be super careful with IRS. If the mausoleum is cleared alongside the Pet Cemetery, Snake Log(s), Freak Mobile(s) or Portal - then you get a mix of what it was cleared with. When I've needed snakes, I'd clear the logs with the mausoleum to get bonus snakes or bunnies.

If you need skeletons, then move your Mauseoleums away from other generators.
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited November 2015
    I got a bunch of skeletons today. Not as many as I should get, but still quite a few. I squished them good. Unfortunately my counter says 0 skeletons squished. :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!