EA Forums - Banner

Brown house kids - star spawn instead of skeletons

Replies

• Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I got a bunch of skeletons today. Not as many as I should get, but still quite a few. I squished them good. Unfortunately my counter says 0 skeletons squished. :(

Were the Skeletons from the Kids at Brown House, Gateway to Nowhere etc, not Star Spawns?
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited November 2015
    They were spawned from the brown houses. My gate won't be ready for a few hours.

And I promise that they were skeletons, not star spawn.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Weird, haven't heard of a stuck counter for Day 1 yet.

Maybe force close the app/visit Krustyland to see if they come back. The end of Shopkeepers last week had an issue with Donuts not being given unless you did this.
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited November 2015
    Tried both, still at zero. :(

Oh well. Maybe it won't glitch in the next round of kids.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    @LordBlackCat, no idea if you already know this, but at least from what I've been dealing with, if I don't click the "Do it" button in the Shopkeeper Challenge screen first, then whatever I'm collecting doesn't count.

Might be total coincidence, of course. If you already do that, then I don't have any other ideas for you to try. (Well, actually, I do. But all my other ideas involve driving up to EA headquarters with a machete. And my machete is in the repair shop. )

BTW, I don't know what posts seemed upsetting? (Someone mentioned earlier in the thread ... ) In the event anybody was referring to wadebear, he found that trick out and was excited to pass it around ever since he did. If it felt, to you, as if he was being condescending or insinuating that he had all the answers, I assure you that is not his style.

I tried his trick yesterday and it helped one time. But, of course, it was when there were star spawn ...

And, for now, i cant even get the stop-refresh-screen trick to work, so using this stupid "quick reply", there are no emoticons. (Insert frustrated emoticon here)
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    And, for now, i cant even get the stop-refresh-screen trick to work, so using this stupid "quick reply", there are no emoticons. (Insert frustrated emoticon here)

Ever get the impression EA is waiting for us to come up with a solution for it ;)
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited November 2015
    I got a bunch of skeletons today. Not as many as I should get, but still quite a few. I squished them good. Unfortunately my counter says 0 skeletons squished. :(

Another glitch I've noticed. For the counter to START, you have to view it first. So if you just upgraded the Campfire, you need to view the nightmare for that to start. Same with daily challenges. Must view the daily challenge first, before releasing your nightmares. If you empty the town, then check the challenge, it stays at 0.

Also related, typically the first one may not count as you have to start sending them after the challenge begins. I've seen this as well.
  • cjryder625
    1413 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    funny but mine works better when there are no star spawn. When there are even when overrun I get no bunnies or skeletons.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    cjryder625 wrote:
    funny but mine works better when there are no star spawn. When there are even when overrun I get no bunnies or skeletons.

Locate your primary/first bought Brown House and move it to an area close to where your Kids are Nightmare'ing.

Everything from your Brown Houses will pop out of that one house.

How to locate it? You need to just release a Brown House and quickly go looking for Bunnies or whatever you released.
  • mandiepaxton
    255 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    No skeletons for me either :(

Mands xxx
  • cjryder625
    1413 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I've done that but they still appear at the top right hand area of my Springfield no matter which houses are there! Sometimes if I refresh the game the bunnies and snakes suddenly appear near my main halloween area and sometimes they will turn up hours later but mostly they either don't appear or I get star spawn. I'm still on track for the main prizes but I'm wondering if I will get enough skeletons over the week for the donut bonus which is more important to me. Depends if my gate to nowhere dishes out skeletons or not and that doesn't always happen.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • andyhollan860
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Same here no skeletons even after sending Bart and data off-twice to the brown house?? even the portal failed to produce them!!
    A Pointless shopkeepers challenge then EA!!
  • ImYourSaviour
    6 posts
    edited November 2015
    Shaking my head... so other people are having the same issues. Unbelievable they tempt us with free donuts only to pull this bull at the end. Typical bait and switch crap with EA.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I was supposed to receive a total of 18 skeletons when the kids had finished their hunt in the brown houses. It looked like some of them turned into star spawn instead, so I ended up with only 14. However, a little while later I found a total of four skeletons roaming my town, so it looks like they turned into star spawn and then back into skeletons.
  • mystery2mi
    2354 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    no idea if you already know this, but at least from what I've been dealing with, if I don't click the "Do it" button in the Shopkeeper Challenge screen first, then whatever I'm collecting doesn't count.

Well this explains why the skeletons I got from the mausoleum this morning didn't count towards the shopkeepers challenge. I think I may have seen this posted somewhere else, but forgot. That, or foggy morning brain... Tomorrow morning must remember to check shopkeepers challenge first!

Thanks for the reminder!
  • lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Even my mausoleum glitched today. It spawned bunnies and zombies. Act 3 was not planned properly to fit the shopkeepers challenges along with the non spawning and the big monster. Oh well....will try again at 12 p.m. est before I contact EA.

This has been a bug since the first act. You have to be super careful with IRS. If the mausoleum is cleared alongside the Pet Cemetery, Snake Log(s), Freak Mobile(s) or Portal - then you get a mix of what it was cleared with. When I've needed snakes, I'd clear the logs with the mausoleum to get bonus snakes or bunnies.

If you need skeletons, then move your Mauseoleums away from other generators.

Thanks. I'll move the mausoleum to another location and visa versa for the next shopkeeper challenge for spawning zombies from the portal. From what I see The Monster can not be on the campfire, at least in my town, for things to work properly and my kids are in seperate houses by what they spawn. It just random glitched today. When I collected from the kids I received the skeletons :)

I've had problems with this event from the start. Especially when I had to get a roll back from that lake house and had to redo that whole part including earning a prize I had already achieved. That was a mess of a mess...but that was the only way EA could get me from a locked out game AHHHH!!( a real Charlie Brown moment)
  • lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Even my mausoleum glitched today. It spawned bunnies and zombies. Act 3 was not planned properly to fit the shopkeepers challenges along with the non spawning and the big monster. Oh well....will try again at 12 p.m. est before I contact EA.

This has been a bug since the first act. You have to be super careful with IRS. If the mausoleum is cleared alongside the Pet Cemetery, Snake Log(s), Freak Mobile(s) or Portal - then you get a mix of what it was cleared with. When I've needed snakes, I'd clear the logs with the mausoleum to get bonus snakes or bunnies.

If you need skeletons, then move your Mauseoleums away from other generators.

Thanks. I'll move the mausoleum to another location and visa versa for the next shopkeeper challenge for spawning zombies from the portal. From what I see The Monster can not be on the campfire, at least in my town, for things to work properly and my kids are in seperate houses by what they spawn. It just random glitched today. When I collected from the kids I received the skeletons :)

I've had problems with this event from the start. Especially when I had to get a roll back from that lake house and had to redo that whole part including earning a prize I had already achieved. That was a mess of a mess...but that was the only way EA could get me from a locked out game AHHHH!!( a real Charlie Brown moment)

This reply might triple post. Submit keeps timing out

• FeeJay1111
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I had to wait until I was at the part of the game when I was spawning starspawn. I only put the kids who can earn skeletons on the brown house task. And..... I actually got some skeletons. And then a minute or so later I found a load of snakes. Pleased about the skeletons, perplexed about the snakes. Since I couldn't get skeletons from the gate to nowhere (and have none of the other items that pay out) this is going to take a long time.

In order to keep the starspawn spawning I presume I need to keep Munster in the place where this happens. On well, if I miss out on candy apples that's what's got to happen. I have Holiday Homer - the prize I really wanted - and can live without the others. I'd rather have donuts :-)

Please EA, this event has been lacking in fun due to all the glitches, don't release the Christmas event until you've made sure it works properly.
  • FeeJay1111
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I had to wait until I was at the part of the game when I was spawning starspawn. I only put the kids who can earn skeletons on the brown house task. And..... I actually got some skeletons. And then a minute or so later I found a load of snakes. Pleased about the skeletons, perplexed about the snakes. Since I couldn't get skeletons from the gate to nowhere (and have none of the other items that pay out) this is going to take a long time.

In order to keep the starspawn spawning I presume I need to keep Munster in the place where this happens. On well, if I miss out on candy apples that's what's got to happen. I have Holiday Homer - the prize I really wanted - and can live without the others. I'd rather have donuts :-)

Please EA, this event has been lacking in fun due to all the glitches, don't release the Christmas event until you've made sure it works properly.
  • FeeJay1111
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2015

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!