EA Forums - Banner

Brown house kids - star spawn instead of skeletons

Replies

• blueathena62
    114 posts
    edited November 2015
    Asuka2222 wrote:
    FeeJay1111 wrote:
    It's great if your game is working perfectly as you can afford the latest best iPhone 6 (or whatever gadget) to play it. It's great if you've managed to fix your problems. But please be patient with those who still have problems.

Turn the other table, the people who are trying to help also need some respect, rather than just thumping hands on the table and jumping around screaming it's not working.

Unless people are willing to try solutions the Helpers provide (reading of previous like issues helps) then there is no point.

Topics that have been discussed over and over, just get repeated, mainly because people don't research the issue and just start a new thread, even though there are existing threads less than a day old.

Just my 2cents....

Ok, I can't speak for any other post, but no one here is thumping hands and screaming.

What I found amusing (and WadeBear noted this in a later comment himself, so I'm not throwing him under the bus) was that the OP is describing situation A, WadeBear offered a suggestion for situation B, OP said that won't work for me because I have situation A, and WadeBear replied with something like "try reading my post better because you're doing it wrong." Again, WadeBear even commented himself later on that *he* needed to read the post better.

WadeBear wasn't wrong to offer a suggestions, but the main issue IS that there are so many issues and the situations are so convoluted that EA needs to be the one to fix it
  • lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    @ GamerGD3

Thanks. I'll move the mausoleum to another location and visa versa for the next shopkeeper challenge for spawning zombies from the portal. From what I see The Monster can not be on the campfire, at least in my town, for things to work properly and my kids are in seperate houses by what they spawn. It just random glitched today. When I collected from the kids I received the skeletons :)

I've had problems with this event from the start. Especially when I had to get a roll back from that lake house and had to redo that whole part including earning a prize I had already achieved. That was a mess of a mess...but that was the only way EA could get me from a locked out game AHHHH!!( a real Charlie Brown moment)

• lll3lucky
    542 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    @GamerGD3

Thanks. I'll move the mausoleum to another location and visa versa for the next shopkeeper challenge for spawning zombies from the portal. From what I see The Monster can not be on the campfire, at least in my town, for things to work properly and my kids are in seperate houses by what they spawn. It just random glitched today. When I collected from the kids I received the skeletons :)

I've had problems with this event from the start. Especially when I had to get a roll back from that lake house and had to redo that whole part including earning a prize I had already achieved. That was a mess of a mess...but that was the only way EA could get me from a locked out game AHHHH!!( a real Charlie Brown moment)
  • FeeJay1111
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I had to wait until I was at the part of the game when I was spawning starspawn. I only put the kids who can earn skeletons on the brown house task. And..... I actually got some skeletons. And then a minute or so later I found a load of snakes. Pleased about the skeletons, perplexed about the snakes. Since I couldn't get skeletons from the gate to nowhere (and have none of the other items that pay out) this is going to take a long time.

In order to keep the starspawn spawning I presume I need to keep Munster in the place where this happens. On well, if I miss out on candy apples that's what's got to happen. I have Holiday Homer - the prize I really wanted - and can live without the others. I'd rather have donuts :-)

Please EA, this event has been lacking in fun due to all the glitches, don't release the Christmas event until you've made sure it works properly.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    cjryder625 wrote:
    I've done that but they still appear at the top right hand area of my Springfield no matter which houses are there!

Do you have your Primary Brown House in storage?
  • celblazer
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    No Skeletons here either
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Has been happening to me since Act 3 started. The 'overrun' strategy doesn't work with me, or it just turns them into some other nightmare I don't need.

Luckily, many of my friends gave up on this event already, and still have lots of different nightmares walking around in their towns still. Already got today's challenge done.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    [deleted]
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    [deleted]
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    [deleted]
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    [deleted]
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    [deleted]
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    [deleted]
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Have two mausoleums. Skeletons always come spewing out of one of the same one, so I just watch for that and it's no problem. They always come out in a tight little cluster, so i get them with a single tap. Today I dragged the mausoleums out of that area because I have Freakmobiles and a cemetery and logs and the Gate to Nowhere in that area of town and before I released anything else, I wanted to be sure to get my skeletons. Especially today.

Moved them to an isolated area. Tapped the one that always spews skeletons. Got all bunnies. One cluster. One tap. Correct number. But bunnies. Tapped the other one. Got all zombies. One cluster. One tap. Correct number. But zombies. Going to check again in a while to see what happens for the new cycle. (EDIT TO ADD: the zombies and the bunnies came out of the same mausoleum, as expected, even though the icons were over separate mausoleums. That did not change. All that changed was that I didn't get skeletons. )

My other items (Freakmobiles, log, cemetery) paid out correctly. Just not the mausoleums. :evil:
  • dcubedinnj
    42 posts
    edited November 2015
    in the same boat here. sent Bart. Data, and Sherri & Terri which should have gotten me 12 skeletons. two rounds so far and just bunnies and zombies. Very annoying to say the least
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    dcubedinnj wrote:
    in the same boat here. sent Bart. Data, and Sherri & Terri which should have gotten me 12 skeletons. two rounds so far and just bunnies and zombies. Very annoying to say the least

Send only them
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited November 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    I got a bunch of skeletons today. Not as many as I should get, but still quite a few. I squished them good. Unfortunately my counter says 0 skeletons squished. :(

Another glitch I've noticed. For the counter to START, you have to view it first. So if you just upgraded the Campfire, you need to view the nightmare for that to start. Same with daily challenges. Must view the daily challenge first, before releasing your nightmares. If you empty the town, then check the challenge, it stays at 0.

Also related, typically the first one may not count as you have to start sending them after the challenge begins. I've seen this as well.

It looks like it was the second thing: not counting until sending after the challenge starts. It counted the group of kids I sent later in the day.

Hooray for random glitchy act 3!
  • galapagos1234
    57 posts
    edited November 2015
    EA owes us skeletons. I hope they find a creative way to gift us all the skeletons we're missing.

I received zero skeletons this morning and I had looked at the daily challenges before collecting my kids. Came on forum, read tips about overrunning my Springfield, separating a brown house and only have the skeleton earning kids go there. Did those things, had Bart fighting M'nthster, and collected Sherri & Terri and Database. Got 4 of the 10 skeletons I was supposed to get. Am grateful that I'm at least getting skeletons now instead of nothing or bunnies and zombies. But I am still owed at least 6 more skeletons, 18 if u count the 12 that didn't spawn at all this morning. :|

Real shame that friend visits don't count toward nightmares or candy apples. Act 3 really is poorly thought out. :lol: and game crashes often when visiting friends and gets worse as event goes on. If the game mechanics worked properly this would be an ok end to an ok event.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    You have to be patient with the skeletons. For some reason they don't show up as fast as the zombies and bunnies. Even using the shopkeeper's challenge button doesn't find them. It took several minutes before I started to see them.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    After a whole day of trying every trick in the book, I have a grand total of three skeletons toward today's challenge. Yay, me!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!