EA Forums - Banner

sign-in

Hoping someone can help me, i opened the game it started downloading the update... I waited for it to finish. When i clicked on continue it goes to Homer and the beginning scene.

Check to see if you're still logged in the game, you may have been logged out. Then check the bugs and issues forum, they have a lot of great info on this problem and possible solutions. Good luck.

Replies

• sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Run through the beginning sequence (the tutorial) until Frink tells you to visit "Other Springfield." Upon your return, you'll be able to go to the friend screen and log in with your Origin info.
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • 4junk3000
    5333 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    THIS MATTERS: are you already logged in with your username?

If not, then you accidentally began playing anonymously. So as suggested above and sign in after the ten minute tutorial

But-

If you were already signed in, showing your name and correct level number, but then it went to the video, you need to log in from another device. This will force the "you've logged in from another device" message, which triggers a full resync for your device.

If you can't log in from another device, try a reinstall.

If that doesn't work, your only options are to wait for the next update to install, or ask EA for a rollback to a previous save/ restore point.

Good luck!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • LPNintendoITA
    11526 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    and remember to never start playing while its downloading
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Run through the beginning sequence (the tutorial) until Frink tells you to visit "Other Springfield." Upon your return, you'll be able to go to the friend screen and log in with your Origin info.
    Or skip this and force close the game and launch it again and log in this time. :wink:
  • BrideOfFrank35
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    re-installed the game and it worked

i was logged in & i did wait for the download to finish
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited November 2015
    re-installed the game and it worked

i was logged in & i did wait for the download to finish

Glad you managed to get back into your game ok
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • BrideOfFrank35
    244 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    me too
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!