EA Forums - Banner

HELP! I LOST MY TOWN!

Retrace your steps, where did you last have it?

Replies

• wellahhatta
    16 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've played the games for like couple of weeks, and when I'm about to play today, the game restart from the beginning. :cry:
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited January 2013
    Log out, delete the game, sync your device, reinstall it and log back in, crossing your fingers the whole time.
  • SheaHaviland
    22 posts
    edited January 2013
    Try this:

https://help.ea.com/article/my-springfield-is-missing-in-the-simpsons-tapped-out

I have been hearing that this has been helping some people. Who knows, It may be this easy for some people.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Try this:

https://help.ea.com/article/my-springfield-is-missing-in-the-simpsons-tapped-out

I have been hearing that this has been helping some people. Who knows, It may be this easy for some people.
  • wtfchef13
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've played the games for like couple of weeks, and when I'm about to play today, the game restart from the beginning. :cry:

I'm sorry, but that, combined with the avatar, made me lol!

Now everyone is looking at me.
  • dryller11
    20 posts
    edited January 2013
    I saw your town and I thought you are new from my neighbour but not because I remember that your town is bigger than I saw today. I don't want to happen what I saw to my town :D
  • slinky_white
    10 posts
    edited January 2013
    Happened to me today. Was level 24 and I logged in and it went to Homer vid and explosion. I could have cried. I can see my friends and I even keep getting notifications from my level 24 town but I go in and it's now at the beginning again. I have emailed EA but I'm not guessing I'll get a response.
    It was fun for the last 4 months but good luck everyone and goodbye :cry:
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited January 2013
    Happened to me today. Was level 24 and I logged in and it went to Homer vid and explosion. I could have cried. I can see my friends and I even keep getting notifications from my level 24 town but I go in and it's now at the beginning again. I have emailed EA but I'm not guessing I'll get a response.

Do you have an Origin ID or were you playing anonymously? If you have an ID you probably just got logged out and the fix is to log back in. If you were playing anonymously then you're probably out of luck.
  • SherwoodSaint
    20 posts
    edited January 2013
    If you can see your friends then you are logged into your account.
    Your town has been reset and you are very unlikely to ever see it again, sorry.

I started over when this happened to me but miss all the Halloween stuff, would love to have my pumpkin patch back so I could set my reindeer around it and have a gap in the fence, like they had broken in. So many ideas,
  • slinky_white
    10 posts
    edited January 2013
    ThomasK323 wrote:

Do you have an Origin ID or were you playing anonymously? If you have an ID you probably just got logged out and the fix is to log back in. If you were playing anonymously then you're probably out of luck.

Sadly I was logged in as me and everything has gone. I think as SherwoodSaint says, my town has been reset. I am not sure why it did this as I had been collecting my coins only an hour earlier. Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm sad though as I've been playing solidly since early October. I guess the best I can say is that I will get my life back now!!!! :D
  • 1danielsemper
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The same thing happened to me in December.

Here is my post: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9180411.page

I was playing logged to Origin, my town was reseted to zero, goodbye Level 21, Halloween, Cool Homer, Winter houses, Donuts, Coins, Mayan Calendar, Super Collider, Fat Tony, Barney's Bowlarama, Black Hole, Mayan Homer, etc.

I was very close to get Santa's Little Helper since I already bought the Purple Funzo, ... :(

Anyways this happened on December 17th and 3 days later an EA representative wrote me back asking me for some info like ...

Your Origin ID :
    Level (Before Loss) :
    Level (After Loss) :
    Description of loss (in-game items or virtual currency):
    Platform or mobile (iOS/Android/Others) :
    Game version (TSTO) :
    Troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far :

After that, 23 days later, a second email asks me for more info like my user account, email and date of birth. Apologizing they said: "We want to get you an effective resolution and for this I am going to escalate this issue to higher department. [...] Due to a back log of contacts, the current estimated time for response is 1 – 2 weeks."

It has passed another 7 days since that, and still I don't have my city back. (I was also loosing friends for the Xmas coins :( )

I hope I will have good news in the following 7 days ....
  • tony76tony
    20 posts
    edited January 2013
    The same thing happened to me in December.

I was playing logged to Origin, my town was reseted to zero, goodbye Level 21, Halloween, Cool Homer, Winter houses, Donuts, Coins, Mayan Calendar, Super Collider, Fat Tony, Barney's Bowlarama, Black Hole, Mayan Homer, etc.

I was very close to get Santa's Little Helper since I already bought the Purple Funzo, ... :(

Anyways this happened on December 17th and 3 days later an EA representative wrote me back asking me for some info like ...

Your Origin ID :
    Level (Before Loss) :
    Level (After Loss) :
    Description of loss (in-game items or virtual currency):
    Platform or mobile (iOS/Android/Others) :
    Game version (TSTO) :
    Troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far :

After that, 23 days later, a second email asks me for more info like my user account, email and date of birth. Apologizing they said: "We want to get you an effective resolution and for this I am going to escalate this issue to higher department. [...] Due to a back log of contacts, the current estimated time for response is 1 – 2 weeks."

It has passed another 7 days since that, and still I don't have my city back. (I was also loosing friends for the Xmas coins :( )

I hope I will have good news in the following 7 days ....

This sounds like my situation. I had unlocked ALL land, was on the highest level, had all premium items and characters (minus one stupid funzo) and I got reset for almost a month. I had heard of lots of resets, but didn't think it would happen to me. I got what sounds like identical automated responses from EA and they did nothing to help. I downloaded the smithers update today and it fixed my city!!!! It still crashes a lot but at least it is there, so I have been putting lots of items to storage so hopefully it remains playable. Buying doughnuts is risky guys, I have spent hundreds, but ea and iTunes will give you no help if your city is lost - believe me I found out he hard way and I was always logged into origin correctly.
  • 1danielsemper
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Tony76tony: " I downloaded the smithers update today"

That update is not appearing to me (weird), I logout login back, nothing, no update, so I cannot try what you mention to just update it and have my city back o_O"
  • 1danielsemper
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I just triet to force to update deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Maybe now I have the update, I don't see Xmas stuff but cant see the mansion of Burns.

Anyway still no fix with update
    town still lost.... level 21.. :(
  • tony76tony
    20 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just triet to force to update deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Maybe now I have the update, I don't see Xmas stuff but cant see the mansion of Burns.

Anyway still no fix with update
    town still lost.... level 21.. :(

Sorry to hear that guys. Mine just automatically did a download when I was going in to check if my city was still lost. I had checked it regularly and it was reset to level 1 for a full month. I refused to start it again. I had pretty much accepted I was not going to get my city back and had written he game off. The 'Smithers' update may be released different times in different places, I am in Australia. I got burns mansion and Smithers today. There is still a chance you could get your city bak, good luck.
  • 1danielsemper
    50 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I am also in Australia (Sydney). :D

I tried to do what you mentioned The update arrived, the game downloaded it (I can see the option of Burns Manor), but still I am stuck with the reseted town. My town of level 21 is still lost. No solution.

Maybe it was not the update, maybe EA solved your case without telling you that your city was back. IDK.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.