EA Forums - Banner

My campfire has started spawning (random) nightmares again

I've had this happen a couple of times too. This morning I got 2 campfire level-ups while clearing my kids. Always nice when glitches work for you. :D

Replies

• Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    It means you are collecting from too many kids too fast, collect in slower numbers and this does not happen.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    This has been happening to others as well - even though we have divided our kids into 4 or 5 different brown houses. Here's the link for you:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/75/10376229.page

The speed at which we collect from the houses doesn't seem to be a factor - at least it isn't in my case. A few star spawns among the nightmares will appear when collecting from the various brown houses and then nightmares can be found spawning from the campfire and sometimes other random places. The conversation is on page 6 of the thread between 4junk3000 and myself.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    This has been happening to others as well - even though we have divided our kids into 4 or 5 different brown houses. I'll try to find the link for you.

I use 6 houses, anything that produces 4, gets their own house, the other houses just spread the load.

Collect all Skeletons, no Star Spawns instead and everything else that must be produced.

Slower way to collect, doing 1 by 1, but you get everything.
  • johncolombo
    11503 posts Senior Moderator
    edited November 2015
    I just leveled up to 49, I had left the campfire on zombies. After I leveled up I checked the upgrade screen and now i mysteriously have 188 snakes, only 12 more needed to level up to 50. I wish we could figure out a pattern, all the glitches this time around are different for different individuals and random. I once leveled up twice for no reason. Oh well.

EDIT: I just tapped some skeletons, it completed the snake count. and jumped me up to level 51, and I got a tent instead of the spooky shack I was supposed to win . Now it wants rabbits.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Asuka2222 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    This has been happening to others as well - even though we have divided our kids into 4 or 5 different brown houses. I'll try to find the link for you.

I use 6 houses, anything that produces 4, gets their own house, the other houses just spread the load.

Collect all Skeletons, no Star Spawns instead and everything else that must be produced.

Slower way to collect, doing 1 by 1, but you get everything.

That isn't effecting it. The kids are all spread out with kids producing less than 20 at each house in my case. It has been more of a benefit than anything else.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I just leveled up to 49, I had left the campfire on zombies. After I leveled up I checked the upgrade screen and now i mysteriously have 188 snakes, only 12 more needed to level up to 50. I wish we could figure out a pattern, all the glitches this time around are different for different individuals and random. I once leveled up twice for no reason. Oh well.

This has happened with me as well, John.

You are right - the glitches do seem quite random and are varying from person to person.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    That isn't effecting it. The kids are all spread out with kids producing less than 20 at each house in my case. It has been more of a benefit than anything else.

It's more than just the 20 limit.

Try it and watch it work.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Asuka2222 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

It's more than just the 20 limit.

Try it and watch it work.

What has been happening is actually benefitting me. I'm actually producing more nightmares. In my case there is no need to change what I'm doing.
  • vkvale135
    61 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Mine gave me a bunch of random nightmares, an infestation of star spawn while Munster was fighting kids on the campfire, levelled up the campfire twice instantly giving me bramble hedges and a shed that I don't need, then froze my campfire upgrade with 200 skeletons, a pink "done" that asks me if I'm sure I want to spend 40 donuts when I tap it, all in less than 5 seconds. I no longer care about upgrading the campfire, so none of this was a huge problem, except I want one more tent.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Welcome to the new patch release by EA - http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10377251.page

Don't people read anymore?
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    vkvale135 wrote:
    then froze my campfire upgrade with 200 skeletons, a pink "done" that asks me if I'm sure I want to spend 40 donuts when I tap it
    You can clear that by going to Krustyland and back.
  • vkvale135
    61 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks!
  • jaddy1874
    213 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Asuka2222 wrote:
    It means you are collecting from too many kids too fast, collect in slower numbers and this does not happen.

It's not, but thanks for your friendly response :roll:

I space my kids in brown houses in three different parts of my Springfield. No house ever has more than 12 spawns from it. On this occasion I'd squished the 4 skeletons I got from Bart and Database and a couple of minutes later a skeleton spawned from the campfire, which was helpful as I hadn't completed that shopkeeper's challenge yet.

So yeah, random (helpful) glitch.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.