EA Forums - Banner

Why are all the new Halloween 2015 character skins so lame?

Yeah, I fully agree. Not getting new characters is a bummer, but it'd be okay if the costumes had full tasks. Holiday Homer is awesome and made me laugh when I first saw it, but the task list is really depressing.

Replies

• HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Not just the skins, the whole event is a pile of steaming...
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    With the exception of having limited tasks - I actually think Pirate Kang, Fairy Kodos, Acorn Kirk and Wizard Martin have some of the best animations in the game now.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I also would have bought Wizard Martin if he had a full task list.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited November 2015

of course, there have been characters with minimal/incomplete task lists before.... many of whom only recently received new tasks to fill out their lists; so it's entirely possible that additional tasks will be added to these as well at some point...

• LPNintendoITA
    11654 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    it's because the others are just not visual so they left only the visual ones
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Because I'm playing now!
  • defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I still think Kirk and Luannes skins should have been prizes instead of the terrible ones like the UFP and hideous Homer festival skin.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited November 2015

Well that doesn't make sense.

I like Lisa skin but she has way too many 4h tasks. They could have alreast made the tasks little longer.
  • 4junk3000
    6030 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    larsyuipo wrote:

I like Lisa skin but she has way too many 4h tasks. They could have alreast made the tasks little longer.

It makes sense perfectly. I'll explain:

Is there a single character in the game who has only visual, "outdoor" task for every time duration?

I can't think of one.
    So what you're really asking for is a skin which provides more outdoor tasks than any other character.

The skin adds outdoor, visual tasks. WHAT POINT WOULD THERE BE ADDING INDOOR TASKS YOU DON'T SEE?

if you are assigning a character indoors for X hours, does it really matter what they are wearing if it has same payout?

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4junk3000
    6030 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Because they're not.

The nut and squirrel are two of the funniest things I've seen in the game.
    The pirate Kang and fairy Kodos are great too.
    Holiday Homer story line was very amusing for a FREE skin.
    And Bart for free was awesome too.
    The other costumes are cute as well. I wished i could afford them.

You're just a hater. :roll:

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I agree that some of the new animations are great, but not having full task list absolutely boggles my mind. The Stein Wiggum task from Octoberfest has a whole list? I generally try to put everyone one the same task leg the regardless if the animation so if this is the new norm it'll be a big disincentive for me.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11654 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    beer stein wiggum has full list yea
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

It makes sense perfectly. I'll explain:

Is there a single character in the game who has only visual, "outdoor" task for every time duration?

I can't think of one.
    So what you're really asking for is a skin which provides more outdoor tasks than any other character.

The skin adds outdoor, visual tasks. WHAT POINT WOULD THERE BE ADDING INDOOR TASKS YOU DON'T SEE?

if you are assigning a character indoors for X hours, does it really matter what they are wearing if it has same payout?

That doesn't make any sense.

Why not just add the indoor tasks to the costumes? As premium skins, they should be able to earn at a premium rate for all tasks.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

I can't think of one.

The only ones that come close are Duffman, Kang, and Kodos.

4junk3000 wrote:

Uhh, no. Nobody said they want every task to be outdoors. Most skins have a few visual tasks, and the rest are indoors.
    4junk3000 wrote:

Now, that's the rub, isn't it? Most of the skins are PREMIUM, for freemium characters. So they don't have the same payout. If I'm paying 60-80 donuts for a premium skin, I expect a full set of tasks. That way I get the increased payout no matter what task length I want. That's kinda the usual deal for premium skins.

For Kang, Kodos, and Luann, it's no big deal. They do have the same payout, so you're just getting new visuals. However, even for those it would be more convenient to have a full task list so you don't have to constantly swap between skins, and it's nice to change up the buildings they go to. Honestly, for 80 donuts on a premium skin that doesn't add to payout, the LEAST they could do is give you a full task list.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    It's confusing since they just filled out the list for all characters (even costumes) so they would work with the job manager. What happens to characters set to these skins if the length of job is not one the job manager?
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited November 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    It's confusing since they just filled out the list for all characters (even costumes) so they would work with the job manager. What happens to characters set to these skins if the length of job is not one the job manager?

They just keep walking around town and you'll have to set them to another costume if you want that character going on the same timed task.
  • airjordanlives
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Most of the skins are PREMIUM, for freemium characters. So they don't have the same payout. If I'm paying 60-80 donuts for a premium skin, I expect a full set of tasks. That way I get the increased payout no matter what task length I want. That's kinda the usual deal for premium skins.
    that's a great point!

also a big benefit of indoor tasks is the building animation. new indoor tasks could be used to give animations to unused buildings, or new task lengths for buildings that already have associated jobs/animations.

i try to have as many buildings animated as possible, and prefer longer task lengths. just one way new indoor tasks could be useful
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited November 2015

They just keep walking around town and you'll have to set them to another costume if you want that character going on the same timed task. [/quote]

That is another annoyance. What's the point of buying skins then if you're a tapper that uses the job manager? You're just going to shut the skin off and forget about it.

The lack of full task for the skins is just another example of what was wrong with this event. It wasn't as bad as some say, just disappointing and annoying. Halloween should be awesome but this one was just so.... meh.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Now, that's the rub, isn't it? Most of the skins are PREMIUM, for freemium characters. So they don't have the same payout. If I'm paying 60-80 donuts for a premium skin, I expect a full set of tasks. That way I get the increased payout no matter what task length I want. That's kinda the usual deal for premium skins.

For Kang, Kodos, and Luann, it's no big deal. They do have the same payout, so you're just getting new visuals. However, even for those it would be more convenient to have a full task list so you don't have to constantly swap between skins, and it's nice to change up the buildings they go to. Honestly, for 80 donuts on a premium skin that doesn't add to payout, the LEAST they could do is give you a full task list.

Well said. ^^
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.