EA Forums - Banner

Infinite candy apple glitch

awesome!!
Thank you very much for posting :D

Replies

• wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Okay, so let me see if I've got this right.

When M'nthester is ON the Sunken Temple and my screen is tinted red...

I can go to a neighbor town and tap on their temple to get Candy Apples.

Does their Temple have to be visible - sticking up out of the water? Or can you tap on the beam of light with the swirly dots?
  • sk3tched0u158
    30 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Just tried both ways(visible and beam) on secondary accounts, both work
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I've been playing for so long, and seems year after year there are still bugs in EA game code. Just sad, as takes a lot of fun out of the Simpsons and not to mention setting personal records out of the game.

Yes, this is certainly confirmed.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • FriHygge
    47 posts
    edited November 2015
    Works brilliant :lol:
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Great, one day to go...why couldn't I find out about this a week ago? :roll:

Anyway, thanks for the tip! 8)
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Ugh, why couldn't there have been bonus donuts for this event. (not including shopkeeper's)
  • rpgdancer
    88 posts
    edited November 2015
    i think they fixed it. not working for me.
  • 4junk3000
    6033 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I just tried this it didn't work.

Nothing happened in other towns, and on returning to my town the monster now stays in the center of the screen no matter where i go. And i can tap him for an apple any time. I've gone in and out and it recentersx at the fire, not the temple. And then he moves with me if i scroll away.

Interesting bug. Glad it's helping others.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • goldenredp961
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    It worked for me just about half an hour ago. I think there is an exact method to this glitch.
    Let'em fight. Tap on'em. Once he's on the tower DON'T tap on him in your town. The screen should be purple in your town.

PS. I don't know if this matters but I had just given all my neighbors formless terrors until I was outl ast night. This was before all the kids fiinished fighting.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I think it's AFTER you have defeated M'nthster at the campfire - when he stays on the Temple as you move around the screen. Not after the temple pops back up and M'nthster moves with the screen. I tried the former last night and it didn't work. Still one more round of Fighting M'nthster at the Campfire before I can try again.
  • matthewgonemad
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    hey, eveyone.
    if this bug was real, its not working now. not that it would have done any good, i just got the big, ugly and out of place re-ned center. where the heck is that supposed to go? it comes from a THOH episode, right, so its non-canon, anyway but does any one know in the episode if they mention where it is? thanx and have fun.
  • goldenredp961
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    i just got the big, ugly and out of place re-ned center. where the heck is that supposed to go? it comes from a THOH episode, right, so its non-canon, anyway but does any one know in the episode if they mention where it is? thanx and have fun.

If I'm correct, it probably came from another THOH short where Homer somehow created a time-machine toaster and every little thing no matter how small in the "dinosaur age" he keeps changing the future, one of them when donuts were rain (unbenownst to Homer), the Flintstones, an underwater world, and even at one point, when Ned Flanders ruled the universe.
  • ZennGlenn
    1767 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    i just got the big, ugly and out of place re-ned center. where the heck is that supposed to go? it comes from a THOH episode, right, so its non-canon, anyway but does any one know in the episode if they mention where it is? thanx and have fun.

If I'm correct, it probably came from another THOH short where Homer somehow created a time-machine toaster and every little thing no matter how small in the "dinosaur age" he keeps changing the future, one of them when donuts were rain (unbenownst to Homer), the Flintstones, an underwater world, and even at one point, when Ned Flanders ruled the universe.

2014-12-26-09-59-14-1981245832_zps2ecd3688.jpeg

One of my all time faves....
    2014-12-26-09-58-53-980350876_zps6451b42a.jpeg
    Time to Re-Neducate yourselves! :mrgreen:
    image011-1_zps0f3565c0.jpg
  • HappyGamer73
    2407 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    hey, eveyone.
    if this bug was real, its not working now. not that it would have done any good, i just got the big, ugly and out of place re-ned center. where the heck is that supposed to go? it comes from a THOH episode, right, so its non-canon, anyway but does any one know in the episode if they mention where it is? thanx and have fun.

The bug is real and still working. I just tried it while M'nthster was sitting on the tower, before I sink it. When I went back to my SF, the tower was sunk and I didn't get a chance to defeat him there. I managed to get a few thousand apples in a couple minutes, not that they're any good to me now.
  • cimddwc1
    142 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I was just able to exploit this in my B town (went straight to the Friends screen when the screen turned dark). So thanks for mentioning it.

And now my finger hurts...
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Ok. this Does work. After defeating M'nthster at the campfire you can go to a neighbor's town and tap the Temple (visible or sunken) for Candy Apples over and over.

If you haven't gotten all the prizes this is helpful.

If, like me, you've already gotten all the prizes then not so much...
  • bkopp1
    353 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    Ok. this Does work. After defeating M'nthster at the campfire you can go to a neighbor's town and tap the Temple (visible or sunken) for Candy Apples over and over.

If you haven't gotten all the prizes this is helpful.

If, like me, you've already gotten all the prizes then not so much...

Yep. Just worked for me. Liked too of had the glitch awhile back. Still cool though.
  • rpgdancer
    88 posts
    edited November 2015
    thank you to those who explained it more clearly. i was able to get the reneducation building in both towns.
  • roperlego859
    487 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    pnznkqgsrgw4tx0qdpxr.jpg
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    This worked for me just now and helped me get the last prize. Thank you for posting it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.