EA Forums - Banner

Problem with fat homer hanging out at the beach!

I'm not there yet. You might try sending him and then following to make sure that he goes to where it takes place. Then go to Krustyland and back to see if he's still where he should be.

Replies

• guitarman627
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I am having the same problem. My Fat Homer is in SH and randomly 5 times he has been taken off task. I am designing in SH so maybe that is the problem. Hopefully he will complete it tonight while i sleep.
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Only thing I can think of is if you stop playing before he gets all the way to the beach and starts the task (clock counting down) it won't register as started so he'd still be waiting to be assigned a task when you come back to the game.
  • suemoorhead
    117 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    He continually gets taken off task! I watch him start the task then it can be anytime that he just randomly appears wandering round again! I've got so fed up of restarting him that ive resorted to rushing that task with donuts! All his other tasks have been fine! Hope you managed to sort it guitarman?
  • guitarman627
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Nope tried 3 more times and still no avail. I will try tonight while sleeping still and if not will use donuts tomorrow. Not a huge deal but kinda screwy if you ask me.
  • Gatorceri
    14 posts
    edited November 2015
    I have not have that problem what so ever. I am so sorry that those that are having this issue. I recommend reporting it to EA since it is a bug.
  • guitarman627
    79 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Well Homer wandered out of SH and is in SP now and hes has stayed on task all night. Seems to have been a problem with the heights.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Well Homer wandered out of SH and is in SP now and hes has stayed on task all night. Seems to have been a problem with the heights.

Same problem as described by you and suemoorhead, although in my case it had nothing to do with Springfield Heights. I finally resorted to burning some donuts to get past the glitch. :cry:
  • wadebear
    3622 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I had it happen in one of my games. The second time I sent him on the task he went to the Springfield waterfront and it finished. He'll also do the task at a river, so maybe if you surround him with a river before sending him on the task he'll stop there instead of going to the Heights.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    I had it happen in one of my games. The second time I sent him on the task he went to the Springfield waterfront and it finished. He'll also do the task at a river, so maybe if you surround him with a river before sending him on the task he'll stop there instead of going to the Heights.

It's impossible, of course, to say with any real certainty, but I don't think this bug is dependent on where fat Homer is carrying out his beach task. Guitarman, for example, reports the error as having occurred on the Springfield Heights waterfront, whereas the two times I encountered the issue it was on the Springfield waterfront.
  • wadebear
    3622 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    To further complicate the issue...

The first time I tried it the task completed overnight in my B town. So when I had to do it again in my A town I sent my B town Homer on the task again to match so they would be doing the same thing. About 3 hours later I was doing my Heights crafting and Homer popped up in the list of available crafters for the Furniture Shop. (I know it was about 3 hours because I then sent him to Springfield Downs for 3 hours to keep him out of the way and it was almost exactly the right time length.)

For reference: my A game is on an Android Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0, and my B town is on an iPad Mini 2.

So with the game closed overnight the task succeeded on my iPad, but failed on the Galaxy.

In the day with the game open - with me actively crafting - the task failed on the iPad but succeeded on the Galaxy.
  • Mopeto
    1 posts
    edited November 2015
    Same problem here, I was doing Chair tasks on the SH with 4 characters, then one time I rushed the jobs Homer was available for the task and I send him there, happened 4 times already.
    Will leave the task overnight because I dont want to spend any donuts on this glitch.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!