EA Forums - Banner

Too early for Christmas decorations in TSTO or not?

Prev1
Mine will be put up around 1st of December :) Taking down will be difficult as Homer always like to leave them up longer than they should be :lol:

Replies

• epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    It seems like a personal choice. Growing up they always went up the weekend after Thanksgiving (so this coming weekend). However, now that I am older and my kids aren't at home we are lucky to ever put them up. I know some people that never take them down and I know some who put them up last weekend. Don't let others dictate it to you - just go for what you makes your heart feel warm.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Mine will go up after Thanksgiving. Looking forward to snow and getting more Christmas skins this year.

Powers' house
    Springfield Mall
    Try-N-Save
    Dirk Richter's houses
    Maison Derriere
    Bachelor Arms
    Spinster City
    Retirement Castle
  • gh0001356
    99 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I'll put my decos out when they switch over to the snowy background and my Homer and Burns snowmen revert back from their current slushy puddle states.
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I never took mine down....Looking forward to Christmas!!!
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • psuchad
    66 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    My real world neighbors put their decorations up a couple of weeks ago, so why not?
  • kellinadyer
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    The houses in my town are slowly putting up theirs, just like myself and friends in real life. When the snow comes, or Dec 1, I'll make everyone and the business skins turn on theirs.

But Cletus has had his on since July. He got confused, haha.
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I put up some christmas deco about 3 weeks ago! xD
  • sara_s200053
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Love the chritsmas light plunger switch. My lights have been on durring the haloween even.. you know helping kill munster. Trees will come out soon..
    I am lookimg forward to seeing what decrations the store will have
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    As someone said above, it's a personal choice. There's no rule as to when you can or can't have them up.

To me, TO is a fantasy game. People never age, events happen over and over, people seldom sleep, things happen in it that could never ever happen in the real world, etc. I think most can agree that The Simpsons is a bit surreal.

Despite that, some people feel compelled to have their town mimic a real town. The other week someone posted about how they had to store the Halloween store since Halloween had ended more than a week earlier. Some people see others as being "tacky" if they have any Christmas lights/decorations out during the summer, etc.

Myself, I leave certain xmas lights up all year just because I like the look of them in certain spots. I have a little "island" with melted snowmen and a christmas tree that is out all year. Etc. So what?

If you want to put out your xmas decorations now then go for it. It's your town and universe and you can do whatever you want.
  • bluntcard
    3796 posts Member
    edited November 2015

Near my Mall I start putting out my Santa's Workshop area and I make an area for new Christmas items to go. I start switching out lamp posts and putting out yard decorations, just after Halloween. I'll turn on all the house lights after Thanksgiving. Some houses already have their lights up, just like in real life.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited November 2015

Nope. Never too early to get the Xmas decos out - in SF and in RL :D
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2015
    Mine go up after Remembrance Day.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    As soon as the snow hits town they're coming out!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    At least I'm not the only one with them up then! :lol:
  • vibra5
    337 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    not before 8 December for traditionally
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    RL growing up it was always day after Thanksgiving we'd go and get the tree, bring it home, and get it set up and decorated. Then Sat/Sun we'd do the outdoor stuff.

For the game I only started playing back in July so I don't have any Christmas stuff to put out yet, but if I did I'd go with either the day the Christmas event starts or the day we get snow in our towns, whichever of those happens first.
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I wait for the event to start, but go for it if you like. :D
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Mine go up Christmas Eve and down on Boxing Day
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited November 2015
    RL growing up it was always day after Thanksgiving we'd go and get the tree, bring it home, and get it set up and decorated. Then Sat/Sun we'd do the outdoor stuff.

For the game I only started playing back in July so I don't have any Christmas stuff to put out yet, but if I did I'd go with either the day the Christmas event starts or the day we get snow in our towns, whichever of those happens first.

the snow comes and goes with the christmas event.
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited November 2015
    I always put mine up as soon as the event hits and take them down when the event ends. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!