EA Forums - Banner

Say goodbye to having any towels

Prev1
I agree.

As long as i need characters actively recycling, i can't build enough orange yoga mats to assign the entire group of ad makers.

Over 70 characters in this game, there's no reason to use the same characters for recycling duties as SH duties.

Once again, EA devs have cursed us with this multi level crafting nonsense. I hate them and this reinforces my determination that i will never give them real money.

Replies

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2015
    TimeHorse wrote:
    If you need to build both pills and magazines at the same time you will never have any towels. The production rate for towels cannot keep up with building both of those objects at the same time. I'm stuck! Why did they have to design it so poorly?

Towels? When did they add those?
  • yasj_84
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    TimeHorse wrote:
    If you need to build both pills and magazines at the same time you will never have any towels. The production rate for towels cannot keep up with building both of those objects at the same time. I'm stuck! Why did they have to design it so poorly?

I think towers
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    TimeHorse wrote:

I think they mean yoga mats.

(as a possible troll the marketing center even has giant image of an orange mat on the side of the building like,
    'hahahah you need a ton of these!!!!!')
  • TriplicateGirl
    64 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's unfortunate that they use 2 yoga mats. I have the Blue Haired Lawyer, but not Disco Stu - so I need 12 yoga mats every 16 minutes, but can only make 10 in that time span. And that's if I create more yoga mats right at the 8 minute mark.
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The best advice is to pace yourself. Since there is no time limit on the SH stuff, do it as you feel like it. Get a bunch of yoga mats and unlock all the jobs at the ad agency. Go back and do the railroad for a while. Then get more yoga mats for the ads. Do it as you feel like it instead of stressing on doing it all at once. It was probably their intention to give you options to do what you want as you want to, not make you mad.
  • 4junk3000
    5489 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's unfortunate that they use 2 yoga mats. I have the Blue Haired Lawyer, but not Disco Stu - so I need 12 yoga mats every 16 minutes, but can only make 10 in that time span. And that's if I create more yoga mats right at the 8 minute mark.

THIS truly is salt in the wound, for those of us who wanted Stu but missed their window of opportunity.

I hate them so much sometimes. I can easily imagine choking some EA planning exec while screaming at them, "Why? Why couldn't all items be available through the whole sale? Why must you be such dooshbag sadists??" :evil:
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • ZennGlenn
    1746 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

THIS truly is salt in the wound, for those of us who wanted Stu but missed their window of opportunity.

I hate them so much sometimes. I can easily imagine choking some EA planning exec while screaming at them, "Why? Why couldn't all items be available through the whole sale? Why must you be such dooshbag sadists??" :evil:

:twisted: Perfectly stated :twisted:
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Making the ads need mats. Upgrading the new buildings needs ads(which are made of mats) AND mats. Unlocking the last of the beachfront in SH needs mats. Buying the new land in SH needs ads (which are made of mats).

It's worse than the coffee.
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

totally agree. I missed out too because of timing. EA will not get real money out of me when they behave like this.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

So seriously, how do you really feel? :mrgreen:

It's frustrating as h-e-double-hockey-sticks when they use the same characters for different concurrently-running events. I have every character released, and I still can't be working on collecting both recycling and SH At the same time. I agree this is probably a tactic used by the product and/or planning teams to influence/drive sprinkle sales, so we should string up the planning exec just to make our point!

HEY EA! I get allowing just X characters for a given SH or Monorail Recycling task, but let us choose which characters we want to use! Don't keep using mostly the same characters - let us select which characters we want to use every time we start a recycling or SH job!
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I kind of like it. Up until this update I always had 200 yoga mats. Now I have 0
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am fortunate enough to have both Disco Stu and Blue Haired Lawyer, but for those of you who only have the Blue Haired Lawyer, he is more useful than you think.

Try concentrating on Yoga mats and ONLY having BHL convert into Ads. It's all about efficient use of resources.

Let's say you need a given number of Ads, say... 350

If you only had Stu and no BHL:
    In theory, Stu would contribute 1+1(bonus) Yoga Mat per round (eg. 7 mats instead of 5 for each round). If you need 350 Ads, you will need 700 Yoga Mats. Stu gets you there sooner (100 rounds of Yoga Mat production as opposed to 140 rounds). So 350 Ads takes 140 rounds of Yoga Mat grinding.

If you had BHL and no Stu:
    If you only had BHL working the Marketing Agency, you would only need 350 Yoga Mats since he makes Ads at a 1:1 ratio (ie 2 Ads for 2 Mats). Since you can make 5 mats each round, you can make the same number of Ads in just 70 rounds. So 350 Ads takes 70 rounds of Yoga Mat grinding - this is HALF the time compared to having Disco Stu!

Now I realize in the latter scenario there will be a buildup of Mats waiting for BHL. Depending on your playing style, you may need to use the other Marketing Agency characters once you reach the 200 Ad bottleneck, but you can think about siphoning off Yoga Mats for upgrades/Trophies (this would make more efficient use of your mats in the long run).... I mean, who can't use extra Yoga Mats now?

Now I know that nobody will be able to use up all their Mats with JUST BHL, and I'm not suggesting you do this. But this is just to let you know that not having Stu, but having BHL (which many of us got for free from the Mystery Box) can be just as good (if not better) than Disco Stu, as long as you try to use just BHL as much as possible.

Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    epolng wrote:
    The best advice is to pace yourself. Since there is no time limit on the SH stuff, do it as you feel like it. Get a bunch of yoga mats and unlock all the jobs at the ad agency. Go back and do the railroad for a while. Then get more yoga mats for the ads. Do it as you feel like it instead of stressing on doing it all at once. It was probably their intention to give you options to do what you want as you want to, not make you mad.

So totally agree!
    This is not an event. Relax, work for it, you cannot have everything at once.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6303 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    With close to 200 task able characters, they could surely add a lot more characters to use in crafting. I have no idea why they only limit it to 6. They should just add more
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    anaquarind wrote:
    I am fortunate enough to have both Disco Stu and Blue Haired Lawyer, but for those of you who only have the Blue Haired Lawyer, he is more useful than you think.

Try concentrating on Yoga mats and ONLY having BHL convert into Ads. It's all about efficient use of resources.

Let's say you need a given number of Ads, say... 350

If you only had Stu and no BHL:
    In theory, Stu would contribute 1+1(bonus) Yoga Mat per round (eg. 7 mats instead of 5 for each round). If you need 350 Ads, you will need 700 Yoga Mats. Stu gets you there sooner (100 rounds of Yoga Mat production as opposed to 140 rounds). So 350 Ads takes 140 rounds of Yoga Mat grinding.

If you had BHL and no Stu:
    If you only had BHL working the Marketing Agency, you would only need 350 Yoga Mats since he makes Ads at a 1:1 ratio (ie 2 Ads for 2 Mats). Since you can make 5 mats each round, you can make the same number of Ads in just 70 rounds. So 350 Ads takes 70 rounds of Yoga Mat grinding - this is HALF the time compared to having Disco Stu!

Now I realize in the latter scenario there will be a buildup of Mats waiting for BHL. Depending on your playing style, you may need to use the other Marketing Agency characters once you reach the 200 Ad bottleneck, but you can think about siphoning off Yoga Mats for upgrades/Trophies (this would make more efficient use of your mats in the long run).... I mean, who can't use extra Yoga Mats now?

Now I know that nobody will be able to use up all their Mats with JUST BHL, and I'm not suggesting you do this. But this is just to let you know that not having Stu, but having BHL (which many of us got for free from the Mystery Box) can be just as good (if not better) than Disco Stu, as long as you try to use just BHL as much as possible.

:thumbup:

"A problem well-stated is a problem half-solved." - Charles Kettering
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    anaquarind wrote:

Its really no different then when SH was first released and people found they couldn't make enough pills for the awards so a lot of us switched to only using Bumblebee Man for the awards.
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    anaquarind wrote:

Its really no different then when SH was first released and people found they couldn't make enough pills for the awards so a lot of us switched to only using Bumblebee Man for the awards.

I agree. It's just that a lot of people on this thread are lamenting that they don't have Disco Stu for this, when in many ways it's the BHL who is the most helpful!
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    With close to 200 task able characters, they could surely add a lot more characters to use in crafting. I have no idea why they only limit it to 6. They should just add more

But a player unlocks Springfield Heights at Level 30. There are 33 characters gained through the questline by then. With 4work stations (now 5), maybe that uses the vast majority of those characters?

I'm too busy to look at the job lists in SH at the moment to see whether there are exceptions, but perhaps they are only assigning characters to SH tasks that are available at that point in the game?

And for the Monorai EVENT l (as for every timed event) I think they use mostly lower level characters, so everyone can enjoy the event.

There's going to be some overlap eventually.

The fact that we can get free donuts by using Monorail characters isn't exactly a fiscal benefit to EA. Maybe they figure we have the option of getting free Monorail donuts and choosing to buy the premium characters.

It used to be a huge deal that we had a distant chance of getting a few donuts from Sideshow Bob. Now we have total control over getting five free donuts per week. I'm still surprised that they programmed that into the game. ;)

• jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited December 2015
    TimeHorse wrote:
    If you need to build both pills and magazines at the same time you will never have any towels.
    sp-mahp1105.jpg
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    everyone needs to have the perspective that this is intentional to slow you down. SH and the ability to craft tracks is to prolong the longevity of the game and give you things to do in-between events. I have unlocked all the old SH land, but have not even gotten Artie's Mansion yet. As a max lvl player, with plenty of in-game money, I am glad to have things to keep me busy. This update came with a lot of great content and decorations to unlock over time. Take your time, don't be in a rush to get everything at once, and just enjoy the ride.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.