EA Forums - Banner

I wish we could select an option to have the seasons reflected in the game

Oh that would be a sweet add-on...Please EA. :)

Replies

• ZennGlenn
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    :roll: I've been lobbying for this since I began almost 2 yrs ago after being stunned by the 'instant January thaw' :roll:
    Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500-3631_zps5c3k0low.gif
    And we should have full seasonal transitions w/intermittent rain, more blowing leaves,
    leading up to sleet, ice & snowstorms,(via weekly mini updates)
    & of course the reverse around Valentines thru StPats...
    Winter certainly doesn't end until late March.
    ...Anyhow, let the cosmic festivities fully commence!:P
  • miiszade
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    That would be awesome.

Although I'm still waiting for it to actually be night, at night, in Springfield.
  • ZennGlenn
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    miiszade wrote:
    That would be awesome.

Although I'm still waiting for it to actually be night, at night, in Springfield.

:mrgreen: Indeed... imagine how cool to see everything lit, esp holiday season, & Bad Dream House in full glory :mrgreen:
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Unfortunately, each season calls for an entirely new set of graphics for each building, decoration, etc. So every time you want a new season you would have to download all the graphics to your device again. And every town you go to would have the same "season" applied, whether or not it was designed to be seen that way. Otherwise you would have to have all of the "seasons" on your device and wait for them to switch out every time you visit a town. It is one reason you can't visit somebody if they haven't downloaded an event that switches out the graphics.
  • ZennGlenn
    1713 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Graphic f/x have indeed been improving /becoming more impressive as we've seen w/the Halloween escher stairs & monster tower tornado vortex battle; some combination w/implementing rain (in similar fashion as as we have the snazzy snow falling) before & after the snow departs as a minimum possible improvement would be interesting...

Not to depart too soon from enjoying the current new magnificent holiday event, but that btw would open the door for a fun 'Flood Event', which would be canon to the classic Season10, ep19 'Mom & Pop Art' w/Jasper Johns & Isabella Rossellini, where Homer & Bart clog the drains w/ stolen doormats, fit all animals in the zoo w/ snorkels & open all fire hydrants; Springfield is flooded & everyone is impressed w/ the
    'Grand Canals of Springfield' art istallation :twisted:

download%209_zpsdr8dhojj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!