EA Forums - Banner

How do you decide to whom will you send a present?

Prev134
I tend to give them to those who have a history of being nice. Proven either by directly being nice to me or by being mostly blue on the leaderboard.

I have seen a number of people say that they assumed it was 5 per neighbor and used them all up on the first visit.

Replies

• nancalmei
    215 posts
    edited December 2015
    First day I went alphabetically with neighbors who were ready to receive. The second day I prioritized returning gifts to those neighbors who had dropped boxes in my town. Should I have any boxes left over then I will continue alphabetically, however, I check the Leaderboard first to make sure I'm not wasting a box on someone who is essentially inactive or completely in the red. I'm doing nice for nice this event.
  • lll3lucky
    546 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think there should be another way to get the bows from presents since some of the crafting prizes require that material. You can check the Naughty or Nice results to see who is sending you gifts by going into the trophy icon next to the neighbors' icon.
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for sharing guys.

I did the same today, first gave boxes to those who had given me yesterday and also was acting nice accepting my gifts, and the rest sent to those poor people like me from the bottom of Leaderboard who has low value of bows but are active.

BTW, does anyone know, those taps on Merrymakers in friends' towns which bring only FPs and money, do they also bring FPs to town owners? I think that I noticed several times FPs going up after I'd tapped some Merrymakers in my town. But I'm not sure.
  • crazychimpah39
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I try to catch who puts them in my Springfield and then I return the favor.
  • vibra5
    337 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    the first day I did not understand and I wasted 3 in random springfil 1

Today I started with the alphabetical order but some are not yet available,finished the first lap alphabetical among those available will decide how to distribute the remaining few gifts
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm just working my way down the list from the beginning for now. It may change later. :)
  • yasj_84
    328 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    First I decided to give the top players ( because it mean that they play )
    Then I decided to give the blue ( good )
    And when I discover that we have just 5 present a day I decided to send the present for those who send it to me
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ive been returning the favor but now im kind of at a stand still since no ones putting gifts into my town... :(
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I started alphabetically, but in the Zs. .... ZennGlenn I left you a present by your Simpson house yesterday, not sure if presents go away after a time. I noticed you can move them though. I have a list now of people I'd like to visit next and I am taking notes because I'd like to visit all my neighbors at least once. I hope we get more than 5 per day later on because I'm enjoying giving them out.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm starting out giving to my long-time neighbors who always include me in all events. I also have "real friends" that of corse I will give to. I do keep track of those who give to me, and I will return the favor.

Merry Christmas to all my neighborinos!!
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm using tid for tat if you leave me a present I will return the favor, I'm compiling a list and I'm just going to do them 5 per day hopefully i'lol have enough to return the favor I think that's A fair way to do it.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been going in alphabetical order. And I write down who the last person I gave a present to was so I know where to start the next day.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My "strategy", as always, is to only have a manageable amount of neighbors (15 or so). I can make all of them happy (every few days in this event).

Is there worry of having 100 or whatever neighbors really worth it? I guess I see the advantage when there are new friend prizes, but I keep seeing threads where people are stressing about how to handle neighbors, having enough stuff in their town to tap on, etc.
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My "strategy", as always, is to only have a manageable amount of neighbors (15 or so). I can make all of them happy (every few days in this event).

Is there worry of having 100 or whatever neighbors really worth it? I guess I see the advantage when there are new friend prizes, but I keep seeing threads where people are stressing about how to handle neighbors, having enough stuff in their town to tap on, etc.

I can't say I worry about not spreading the present wealth among all my neighbors (got 100 of em). All I'm really concerned about is are they active, and do they have something for me to tap when I visit...

as for presents... since there are only 5 per day at the moment, I'm just going off my list to see who came by to give me one (and was nice, so we both win) and return the favor.... sort of like santa claus... got my list... checkin' it twice... :P
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    maxeerg wrote:
    I tend to give them to those who have a history of being nice. Proven either by directly being nice to me or by being mostly blue on the leaderboard.

Same.
  • viperplaza
    21 posts
    edited December 2015
    Anyone that drops me a present and it being a nice present will then get there generosity in return by me dropping the same amount of nice presents in there town.
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ive been returning the favor but now im kind of at a stand still since no ones putting gifts into my town... :(

I know how disappointing it is. I've got two again. And both are like a returning favour. Based on what most of people wrote here we have to be patient until players go through their lists to our nicknames. But considering this very understandable intention to return a favour it can take long long time.

Fortunately I've got an unexpected help from my real offline friend. He used to play the game but doesn't any more. Seeing how miserable I was he did the quest line and sent me all his gifts. Thanks to that my bows account looks great now.
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I started alphabetically, but in the Zs. .... ZennGlenn I left you a present by your Simpson house yesterday, not sure if presents go away after a time. I noticed you can move them though. I have a list now of people I'd like to visit next and I am taking notes because I'd like to visit all my neighbors at least once. I hope we get more than 5 per day later on because I'm enjoying giving them out.

I also end up creating a list, it helps a lot. And it's a cool idea to visit all neighbours, but I have to admit that I put "naughty" people at the very end of the list.
  • scskye
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I give mine to those who visit me and/or have giving me a gift.
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited December 2015

To tell the truth I am not a big fan of the growing social element of the game. Like you said, it brings obligations and requires responsibility and attention (and I actually have my real friends and family for that)).

I started to play in 2012 and had just 1 neighbour and Other Springfield. It was enough for game progress. Then I stopped playing for quite a long time and jumped in again just couple of months ago in the middle of Halloween event. What can I say? I was faced with the fact that I need huge friends list to succeed. Since then I created 70 connections and keep visiting them all on a daily basis, hoping that it will bring returns during events. Well, not yet.

I am surprised that EA had changed their social-oriented evolution. Or maybe it's just their wrong logic that people will create more connections in order to receive more presents.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.