EA Forums - Banner

This just turned into a very painful game play

Sorry about your thumbs. I realized reading this that I don't use my thumbs much at all playing this game. Outside of holding the tablet, I am strictly a finger guy.

Replies

• Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    also on #teamfingers
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lol I use both thumbs at the same time usually simultaneously. Now I'm reduced to finger tapping. It's so weird to me.
  • wadebear
    3668 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I tapped until my fingers bruised (diabetes). Now I use a stylus.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    you tap with thumbs?!

maybe a higher power is trying to send you a message.

• suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ouch! I hope your thumbs heal quickly! Sounds painful :(
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    I tapped until my fingers bruised (diabetes). Now I use a stylus.

:thumbup:
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Also, whoa. that's a different kind of nerve damage from the usual TSTO injury. If it helps, I've got a twitchy lower eyelid from all the screen staring this month, and have learned to switch fingers on a rotating basis to keep from building up finger fatigue. Got a sore neck from looking down so much, though. Need to find a way to stare at the sky for several hours a day to counterbalance it. Anyways, take it easy and here's some internet salve.

........ Oh my goshily-goo-God, it's wacky-eyes Ned on a Stinkbugger avatar! ^

Sorry, lost focus
  • LPNintendoITA
    11464 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Also, whoa. that's a different kind of nerve damage from the usual TSTO injury. If it helps, I've got a twitchy lower eyelid from all the screen staring this month, and have learned to switch fingers on a rotating basis to keep from building up finger fatigue. Got a sore neck from looking down so much, though. Need to find a way to stare at the sky for several hours a day to counterbalance it. Anyways, take it easy and here's some internet salve.

........ Oh my goshily-goo-God, it's wacky-eyes Ned on a Stinkbugger avatar! ^

Sorry, lost focus
    that's me on updates release days
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • CBonez89
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    how do you guys not tap with your thumbs??? how do you hold your phone?? makes no sense to me. id imagine you look like quite a dork hitting the screen with your index fingers.

ever played a PSP? or a gameboy?? its basically the same... USE YOUR THUMBS!!!! every person ive ever seen play online games uses their thumbs...
  • wadebear
    3668 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    CBonez89 wrote:
    how do you guys not tap with your thumbs??? how do you hold your phone??
    I have my tablets in tablet easels, so I don't have to hold them at all. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

If I'm not at home I hold the tablet in one hand and tap with the other. Usually I also rest the tablet on my knee for additional support.
  • Newcastlenia
    798 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    #StylusHousehold here too! Hoping you have a speedy road to recovery!
  • Ataccounting
    84 posts
    edited December 2015
    Back during the original Wacking Day the RSI got so bad I moved onto a stylus for play during events. Never looked back.

Outside events I'm #teamfinger largely because my tablets to big to use thumbs with and my phone has a case which makes it easier to use my fingers
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2015
    Buy a stylus that should get you through the non tapping fingers & Thumbs
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I hope you heal quickly, I know how terrible a hand injury can be. I go back and forth in game play, sometimes I use thumbs and sometimes I'm an index finger tapper guess I'm just odd like that.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited December 2015
    CBonez89 wrote:
    how do you guys not tap with your thumbs??? how do you hold your phone?? makes no sense to me. id imagine you look like quite a dork hitting the screen with your index fingers.

ever played a PSP? or a gameboy?? its basically the same... USE YOUR THUMBS!!!! every person ive ever seen play online games uses their thumbs...

I have a 3DS plus Wii U, but use my index finger. That's typically the trigger on just about any controller, so it would make more sense for it to be the trigger in tapped out (to drop the cash!). The thumb is for moving the camera (in most 3D games).

I feel like my phone has 0 support if I use my 4 fingers to attempt to hold it and use the thumb for tapping. So to make sure my phone is secure, I craddle it in my left hand and then just use my index finger (like when using the 3DS, hold with the left hand, use a stylus/index finger on the touch screen (when needed).
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tap with your nose XDD
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!