EA Forums - Banner

Happy with the transition from act 1 to act 2

My personal issue is that it wasn't clear that we would be unable to complete the buildings or that the craftables would change when the act shifted. This is at odds with the way it's worked in the past. A "Hurry, these prizes will go away soon" or something would have been appreciated so I didn't have so much go to waste.

If they had made it clear that the buildings would NOT be able to be finished after the act was complete, I think people would have taken it better.

That certainly would have been the case for me as I literally had less than an hour and it would have been done. I don't know if I got a late start on the event download but this was really rushed and I didn't make it.

Had I known that it wasn't going to complete, even though it was still in progress, I would have spent the donuts to finish BEFORE the rollover instead of after, when they had no effect (I had to contact CS to refund them and will probably not be spending any donuts on this event or on premium characters due to the experience I had with the first act).

Just my opinion. Yours is certainly valid for your experience. :)

Replies

• Cheffernan13549
    94 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm just happy that it feels like the entire questline is going through the entire event. Feels like old times when we used to have quest lines 25 or 30 parts
  • 4junk3000
    5316 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It also wasn't clear that crafting WOULD continue. So foolish to assume it would.

The whiners can only be mad at themselves for being slack and not cashing out to get what they wanted before the act ended.

Although the last few events allowed carry over through acts, there's PLENTY of precedence where it had NOT.

So whining is completely understandable, but blaming EA is unjustified.

Foolish to assume ANYthing will continue beyond the expiration timers they ALWAYS give us.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    It also wasn't clear that crafting WOULD continue. So foolish to assume it would.

The whiners can only be mad at themselves for being slack and not cashing out to get what they wanted before the act ended.

Although the last few events allowed carry over through acts, there's PLENTY of precedence where it had NOT.

So whining is completely understandable, but blaming EA is unjustified.

Foolish to assume ANYthing will continue beyond the expiration timers they ALWAYS give us.

I heartily agree with these sentiments. People have had more than enough time to craft what they wanted.
    I could have crafted two ski chalets but I chose not to. I saved up and have already crafted the Eflcot Center!
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ^this!!! im already almost done crafting all I wanted off of act 2's list and its kind of nice to not have to stress now about getting stuff...there was definitely plenty of time to get everything done, I finished with 4 days left...and its nice that the petting zoo and all those are only 3 upgrades a piece too....gives plenty of room to get this stuff done!!
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Completely disagree! I have not been playing this game forever. I have played it for 1.5 years. They have always allowed crafting of items until the end of the events, in my experience. If items are disappearing, they usually say something like, "Hurry Up. Prizes end in X Days!" There was no warning the items would disappear as there should have been. They shouldn't change the rules without notifying anyone.
  • roperlego859
    488 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Completely disagree! I have not been playing this game forever. I have played it for 1.5 years. They have always allowed crafting of items until the end of the events, in my experience. If items are disappearing, they usually say something like, "Hurry Up. Prizes end in X Days!" There was no warning the items would disappear as there should have been. They shouldn't change the rules without notifying anyone.
    this^^
  • devilhunt1449
    3576 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    They shouldn't change the rules without notifying anyone.

not trying to upset anyone or cause an argument but can you either show me or explain these rules you speak of as I seem to have missed them, personally I clearly remember items going away at the end of an act.
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited December 2015
    I've been playing since 2012, and I knew craftable buildings & prizes would disappear after the act was completed, it's nothing new so I expected it. I got Act 1 all finished by timing all my character quests according to the upgrade quest times, usually 4 or 8 hours. As a freemium player, who hasn't spent a dime of real life money in this game, it's important to time everything right and not just send everyone out on 24 hour quests, or else the waiting will kill the chances of completing craftable quests.
  • Lee3472
    294 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think the difference that people are upset about is that the only timer on the crafting screen said 20 something days till event ends so it wasn't clear that those items would cease to be available, and past experience doesn't really count as it ought to be clear for newer players, look back to the Halloween event, wailing walls were available for crafting throughout all acts of the event so I can understand why some people got caught out :-)
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    All things come back, maybe after act 3 or next year, so be patient :wink:
  • sandrakillet
    3 posts
    edited December 2015
    My particular gripe is that I put the relevant characters into my gingerbread house overnight last night to get to level 5 in the morning but when I opened my game this morning it had already updated to act 2 prizes so I didn't get the upgrade to level 5 on my gingerbread house, nor did I get any reward at all for the characters that had been in there overnight! And now they want me to pay 110 donuts to upgrade my gingerbread house to level 5! I find this totally unfair and not right.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am pleased by the 2nd Act in the same way that a husband takes pleasure in his wife and then his mistress. :D. Just by passing on the clam sign I instantly have enough baubles for efcot and tree lot. And i don't feel myself missing out on that silly clam sign as of this moment----will keep you updated if that changes and i suddenly crave christmas clams. (Yes.)

But right now it feels like i've been released from the game to enjoy the holiday on furlow for the week. Nice of the designers to have a lil lull included. And come on, always respect those countdown timers. They dont bite, they dont bite, and then...they bite you. It is known, Khalisi.
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    They shouldn't change the rules without notifying anyone.

not trying to upset anyone or cause an argument but can you either show me or explain these rules you speak of as I seem to have missed them, personally I clearly remember items going away at the end of an act.

All games have rules. The problem is that EA never tells you the rules. Therefore the rules are implied by things that have happened in the past. EA can change whatever they want, whenever they want and not tell anyone that they're changing things. That's what is so upsetting.
    Not everyone that plays this game has played it since day 1. I have been playing for a year and a half which I think is a respectable period of time. In that time, craftable items have always been available for the whole event. Then suddenly they change it without one word to let you know, and that is infuriating. All they had to do was say, "Prizes end Dec 18." You know, how events always say, "Event ends in 21 days." What if they decide not to tell you when the event ends? They can do that next. Or end an event early because they just decided to. Or they may decide to delete all your inventory because there was never any guarantee that you could keep everything in your inventory.
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Lesson learned. Craft items when you can.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!