EA Forums - Banner

How to find presents and other thoughts

Go to the edit menu and click on the house invisible button. You can do that for the other items too. Makes it easier to find them.

Replies

• wadebear
    3891 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Personally I think there's a glitch. There's too many players complaining that they can't find Presents. Plus I tried to drop a Present from my A town to my B town twice and wasn't able to even though I'd cleared all the Presents just before the attempts.

I suspect it's a counter issue. Presents are being tapped but the "how many Presents are in this town" counter isn't being lowered when they're tapped. I've seen this type of thing before.
  • Solartron
    138 posts
    edited December 2015
    I haven't seen any presents in my town for a few days now and I have a lot of friends.... been nice and everything, I don't get it. Drop them at the landing spot, folks. Anywhere else, and I will never find them.
  • cdnmtbchick
    77 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been through my town 3 times with everything "invisible" and still can't find 3 presents. My husband said he was only allowed to drop 1, he dropped it by the Simpson's house but I can't find it. He can't find 2 of the ones I dropped in front of his Simpson's house.

I hope they can fix this.
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    tdmdksk389 wrote:
    Go to the edit menu and click on the house invisible button. You can do that for the other items too. Makes it easier to find them.

the monorail stations don't go invisible and when I moved one I found a present behind it. Now the person who put it there must have known as it was well out of the way so I've deleted them. I don't usually delete people, I'm pretty laid back, but I think it's just mean to deliberately hide presents in hard to spot places especially as it further restricts the person from getting more presents.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Solartron wrote:
    I haven't seen any presents in my town for a few days now and I have a lot of friends.... been nice and everything, I don't get it. Drop them at the landing spot, folks. Anywhere else, and I will never find them.

I have a couple of neighbours who are always giving me presents but I can't drop any back. I've tried at various times of the day and I can't see any presents in their town.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been searching for presents for a few days now, without finding ANY.
    was beginning to think my neighbours were boycotting me or something.
    Could bel I'm having this bug also.

It's going to be impossible to craft things if we can't receive / find presents, given they are the only way to get bows.......

2013 was definitely a WAY better Christmas event.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    wildminion wrote:
    I've been searching for presents for a few days now, without finding ANY.
    was beginning to think my neighbours were boycotting me or something.
    Could bel I'm having this bug also.

It's going to be impossible to craft things if we can't receive / find presents, given they are the only way to get bows.......

2013 was definitely a WAY better Christmas event.

This isnt a bug. This is the result of bad neighbors doing bad things.
    Your presents are there...somewhere. :(

One way to tell for sure and see how many you have hidden is to use a feeder town and see how many you can drop in your town.

I was here for christmas 2013 and this one is far better. Theres no annoying wheel or game of chance so you craft what you want.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    cjryder625 wrote:
    tdmdksk389 wrote:
    The monorail stations don't go invisible.

Actually, there's a fifth icon in the "hide" menu ... the Monorail objects. You need to scroll down to see the category, but the Monorail items are in a category of their own. (Just below the decorations icon)

I found it by mistake. ;)

HTH
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited December 2015

One way to tell for sure and see how many you have hidden is to use a feeder town and see how many you can drop in your town.

But if the player @cdnmtbchick and her husband are both playing, each in their own town, dropping presents to one another, wouldn't that be the equivalent of using a feeder town? They are dropping the presents right near the Simpson house. I have several feeders and it sounds similar, though I have had no problems in my case. (Except it is excruciatingly tedious to login and logout of one town after another, so I don't usually bother. ) :shock:

(On a side note: That marriage is going to last FOR.EVER. ;) )
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:

But if the player @cdnmtbchick and her husband are both playing, each in their own town, dropping presents to one another, wouldn't that be the equivalent of using a feeder town? They are dropping the presents right near the Simpson house. I have several feeders and it sounds similar, though I have had no problems in my case. (Except it is excruciatingly tedious to login and logout of one town after another, so I don't usually bother. ) :shock:

(On a side note: That marriage is going to last FOR.EVER. ;) )

I have to agree with you totally on the fact that it is rather tedious to login and logout of one town after another.
    However, with the new Amazon Fire tablet that is being sold for $49 at various places its a good investment to have.
    Not only do you get a new tablet to play with, but you also get another avenue for a feeder town without the incessant logging in and out. :D

Yes. I understand that not everyone has $49 to spare, but as you can see, im quite addicted to the game so whats another forty nine dollars when i've spent who knows how much on donuts :D
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Finally found a couple of presents - woot!

BTW - totally agree about the wheel in 2013 - that was the worst.
    What I think was better on 2013 was how presents worked - plenty to share with all neighbours, giving us personal and community prizes. That rocked!!
  • tdmdksk389
    354 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ForumNerds wrote:
    cjryder625 wrote:
    tdmdksk389 wrote:
    The monorail stations don't go invisible.

Actually, there's a fifth icon in the "hide" menu ... the Monorail objects. You need to scroll down to see the category, but the Monorail items are in a category of their own. (Just below the decorations icon)

I found it by mistake. ;)

HTH

Good one! I didn't know that it was there either. Thanks for sharing that info.
    Merry All Holidays to you!
  • wadebear
    3891 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been through my town 3 times with everything "invisible" and still can't find 3 presents. My husband said he was only allowed to drop 1, he dropped it by the Simpson's house but I can't find it. He can't find 2 of the ones I dropped in front of his Simpson's house.

I hope they can fix this.
    Did you report it to Customer Service? I know they're a pain in the ay ess ess to get help out of (especially lately) but if no one reports this problem they'll never fix it - because they won't know there's a problem. Actually, a lot of people will have to report it before they act - one person reporting a problem means (to them) that YOU have a problem, not the game.

Back when I was a kid a quick thunderstorm knocked out our power. My mother was in a b(cough) mood so not only would she not call it in she wouldn't let us call it in. "One of the neighbors can call it in!"

Several hours later my sister noticed that all our neighbors had lights on in their houses. It was just US. The storm had only knocked out power to OUR house (the linkage to the transformer was knocked out and lying on the ground).
  • wadebear
    3891 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I disagree.

1: I've seen too many complaints - in this forum and others - from people who can't find Presents in their town after extensive searches but their neighbors say they can't drop any. Or they're getting notifications that Presents have been dropped and they can't find any.

2: I have 2 towns. Twice I've tried to drop Presents from one town to another and COULDN'T. This happened minutes after having tapped away Presents dropped by my neighbors. After extensive searching I have found a Present or two hidden in odd places around town, but I should still have been able to drop ONE.

Oh and also: Several times I've tried to drop Presents in open spaces in neighboring towns only to have them zip over behind a building or decoration off to the side of where I was aiming. So it's not just neighbors being bad or lazy - the Presents are programmed to hide behind things. It's part of the game. People hide presents all the time. I've got a present hidden from my husband this year because I know if I don't keep it hidden he'll eventually shake it - revealing that it contains liquid and guess what it is (a bottle of his favorite brandy). Meanwhile I grabbed a spare can of coffee and threw it in a gift bag with his name on it so he'd know the present count (we give each other the same number of presents each year).
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There's 2 hidden that I can't find. It's very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!